Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chris1979
crickey, CWS, that's a lot of conditional "if's" in there to make row 1 sound acceptable.
Indeed, but what brought it on was my TRN-LGW flight last week, where a tall and fairly well known sports personality was struggling in row 3, and 2D, but he was delighted by 1A. I have photos of this too, but since he is readily identifiable I can't really put them online. With 4 of us in CE, the toilets went unused except by the flight deck.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC
In a few weeks time I'm on a Gatwick flight in Club on an A320 with all row 1 showing (i'm currently in 1F). Is this guarenteed to be G-MEDK with the missing window at 1F?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shefgab
In a few weeks time I'm on a Gatwick flight in Club on an A320 with all row 1 showing (i'm currently in 1F). Is this guarenteed to be G-MEDK with the missing window at 1F?
No, but that is indeed a possibility. There are a number of former BMI A320s based in LGW with the full row 1, MEDK is one of them but there three others. If I'm on board, it's nearly guaranteed to be Delta Kilo.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, but that is indeed a possibility. There are a number of former BMI A320s based in LGW with the full row 1, MEDK is one of them but there three others. If I'm on board, it's nearly guaranteed to be Delta Kilo.
Ahha, right ok. Well I'll stay there for now, then hope that an aircraft shows up on FR24 a day or two in advance. Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Hi,

booked to come home on an A320 tomorrow with the family and at T-72 grabbed row 5 A -F.

logging back in today it still shows us as row 5 but the seating map starts at 6. Have we been a victim of the moving curtain? Should I leave us in row 5 or move us which mean we are sat right at the back now :-(

thought it was safe that rhe the curtain would not move now we are so close to flight time
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Enjoyed an A320 back to LGW yesterday with an enhanced bulkhead. Due to the additional row of seating, things seem badly shifted out of alignment with the air vents.

Now, neither row 6 or 7 has decent access to air (it's between the two rows, above row 6's seats).

Seems rows 6, 7 and 9 all need to be blacklisted for air vent access now
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Generous legroom in 2D on G-MIDT (I am 187cm).

Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:03 am

Seat advice

Hi
I'm traveling LGW-PFO on Sunday in economy... I have currently selected seats 19E and 19F... Are these seats ok and if not what other seats should I select, all other seats are behind this row.
Also I like a good window seat is this seat misaligned with the window or ok?

Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:05 am

I'm flying to Kos on Saturday and have the options of 1DF or 3DF for me, my wife and infant.

Does 1DF offer any extra legroom being a bulkhead and are the seats noticeably narrower due to the tray table being in the arm rest?

Thanks
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by molecrochip
I'm flying to Kos on Saturday and have the options of 1DF or 3DF for me, my wife and infant.
Welcome to the BA Forum molecrochip.

1D+F is the better seat, yes it has more knee room than row 3, and depending on how you arrange your legs, perhaps more leg room too. The seats are not noticeably narrower unless you are on an extension seat belt.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the BA Forum molecrochip.

1D+F is the better seat, yes it has more knee room than row 3, and depending on how you arrange your legs, perhaps more leg room too. The seats are not noticeably narrower unless you are on an extension seat belt.
Thanks for the quick response. I am likely to be on an extension belt - is it just a case of snug fit or is there a particular issue? (I'm very used to snug fit!)
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by molecrochip
Thanks for the quick response. I am likely to be on an extension belt - is it just a case of snug fit or is there a particular issue? (I'm very used to snug fit!)
Snug fit I would guess, not that I've direct experience!
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA silver
What is the consensus on 1ac v row 3 on a G-GATx plane to Fuerteventura? Sadly row 2 ia already taken, and I'm just over 6' so veering towards the extra legroom.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:56 pm

The thing that puts people off row 1A+1C on the G-GATx aircraft is the lack of privacy given the lack of bulkhead: the crew are in front of you for take-off and landing, you're right in front of people while they board the aircraft, and there may be people using the space en route to the WC. However there is no doubt that the legroom is fantastic, particularly while the crew are on their feet. It is similar to easyJet's layout in the front, if you are familiar with that, though U2 are now installing bulkheads in this area. Row 3 is just another row, nothing remarkable about it.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA silver
thanks! have done U2 row 1 a few times before, and understand the face to face thing. as we are on holiday for a week we'll probably stick to minimum hand baggage, hang out in the F lounge and mooch down towards the end of boarding. do these planes have the first locker full of equipment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.