Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's almost certainly a bus on arrival at JMK, so I wouldn't select on the basis of speedy departure (which otherwise would be good, passport checks can be slow if there are Schengen visas to process). Exit row is fine if you aren't picky about your food. If it's lukewarm you can ask for a temperature top up (unofficially)
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:55 am

OK guys...thank you...taken row 2
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
First time with these 'Domestic' flights.
Booked LHR-EDI in March. Rows 1-5 were blocked. Why?
I'm OW Sapphire and on a paid J ticket from US if that helps me.
I took row 12 D/F hoping for a bit more leg room. However the misses likes to takes pictures out the window and I know row 12 is over the wing.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
First time with these 'Domestic' flights.
Booked LHR-EDI in March. Rows 1-5 were blocked. Why?
I think some seats at the front are usually blocked for Golds until much closer to the time of the flight; or alternatively sometimes for trim.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

If the last row you can see is row 28 (it's usually not selectable incidentally); OR the final row is 29 AND there is no row 13; then row 12 is the exit row, along with 11. These would not be G-GAT aircraft.
Can I just clarify - the 320 fleet gets me as dizzy as getting stuck in a revolving door - that the pre-owned, non G-GAT A320s based at LGW with row 29 and no row 13, have a bulkhead in front of 1A & C..?

Just zoomed to Gold, thanks to an F US trip with a couple of Belize and Panamas thrown in and short of 3500TPs by 160, so have booked a MAN-LHR//LGW-ACE return, out Sep 3, return Sep 7/8.

I dislike intensely, no doubt as much as the crew, those frames where, in 1A & C, you play footsie with the crew.

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PrimaVista
Can I just clarify - the 320 fleet gets me as dizzy as getting stuck in a revolving door - that the pre-owned, non G-GAT A320s based at LGW with row 29 and no row 13, have a bulkhead in front of 1A & C..?
Yes they do. It's only the G-GATx fleet that is missing the bulkhead at 1A / 1C. Another way to look at that is if there is 1D + 1F then you're also OK at 1A/1C.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes they do. It's only the G-GATx fleet that is missing the bulkhead at 1A / 1C. Another way to look at that is if there is 1D + 1F then you're also OK at 1A/1C.
Thanks c-w-s; more reliable than slippers in F. ^
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:07 am

I just discovered thebasource.com website, thanks to another BA thread.
I put in my flight 1442 from LHR-EDI. I am reasonably sure it's a A320 Pinnacle with 168 seats.
I took row 12 for the extra leg room. However the note on the seat says there is no floor storage for take off and landing. Any idea why? Row 11 is right ahead of row 12 which I'm assuming has room for a small bag.
Does the crew make sure you don't put anything under the seat ahead of you or is there another reason?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:08 am

Exit row
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:19 am

I understand it's an exit row. I mostly fly AA and prior to that US and there is no policy saying you can't put a bag under the seat in front of you if you're sitting in an exit row. I've done it many times.
I guess I'll read between your words and assume BA has a policy of no bags allowed under the seat in front of you if you're in an exit row.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I understand it's an exit row. I mostly fly AA and prior to that US and there is no policy saying you can't put a bag under the seat in front of you if you're sitting in an exit row. I've done it many times.
I guess I'll read between your words and assume BA has a policy of no bags allowed under the seat in front of you if you're in an exit row.
Yes this does differ to the US. I believe this is a CAA/EASA policy rather than a specific BA one. You can't have anything on the floor for an exit row or a bulkhead row.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:34 am

Thank you. Glad I checked and confirmed. We do HBO and put our smaller bag under the seat in front of us. I'll change to a non exit row.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thank you. Glad I checked and confirmed. We do HBO and put our smaller bag under the seat in front of us. I'll change to a non exit row.
Just to clarify, you can have a bag on the floor during the flight, just not during taxi, takeoff and landing.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:44 pm

A320 type "32A" in MMB

I can't seem to find any specific seating guide info on type "32A". Any info appreciated.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I can't seem to find any specific seating guide info on type "32A". Any info appreciated.
This should help http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-aircraft.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.