Seating guide: Airbus A320

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 24, 17, 7:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Airbus A320 Seating Guide

Whenever you call up your flight details using BA.com’s Manage My Booking (MMB), you may notice an peculiar code describing the aircraft operating your flight. It is usually generically marked as “320”, but can change to either 20A or M0A closer to departure. These codes can be quite useful as they allow you to narrow down the actual aircraft operating your flight.

Screen shot of the seat map in MMB, indicating where you can find information about the aircraft type

MMB code 20A
BA's indigenous A320s are fitted with B/E Aerospace slimline leather upholstered seats with 4-way adjustable headrests and eye level magazine storage. Cabins are also fitted with LED lighting. Seating capacity is 168CM

Notes:
  • Seat pitch is approx 30” in standard rows. Pitch is the same in business class ("Club Europe") as it is in economy ("Euro Traveller" and "Domestic")
  • In business class ("Club Europe"), the unsold middle seat is converted into a shared space by way of a fold down console. Business class cabin sizes do vary depending on individual flight loads. While the cabin size is usually determined approx 72 hours ahead of departure, the seat map is still subject to further minor adjustments up to approx 24 hours before departure although rarely contracting or expanding by more than one row during this period. The maximum capacity in business class is 40C (rows 1 to 10)
  • Exit rows 11 and 12 offer greater leg room but caution may be given to rows 10 and 11, as these seats do not recline.
  • Seats fitted on BA mainline A320s do not have power sockets (subject to verification)
  • Rows 3, 6, and 9 are without overhead vent nozzles. There may be other rows aft of the exit rows without nozzles, subject to verification
  • There are twelve A320s fitted with IFE equipment, showing looped content on overhead screens
Applicable IFE equipped aircraft:
G-EUUA, G-EUUB, G-EUUC, G-EUUD, G-EUUE, G-EUUF, G-EUUG, G-EUUH, G-EUUI, G-EUUJ, G-TTOB, and G-TTOE

MMB code M0A
Former BD frames, configured 168CM with 28 rows offer an approx 30" seat pitch. Exit rows are 11 and 12. Seats in rows 10 and 11 have no recline. These aircraft are identifiable by their row numbers - last row is 29, and row number 13 is skipped. Beware of seat 01F which on G-MEDK has no windows
Applicable aircraft:
G-MEDK, G-MIDO, G-MIDS, G-MIDT, G-MIDX, and G-MIDY

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 22, 16, 6:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's almost certainly a bus on arrival at JMK, so I wouldn't select on the basis of speedy departure (which otherwise would be good, passport checks can be slow if there are Schengen visas to process). Exit row is fine if you aren't picky about your food. If it's lukewarm you can ask for a temperature top up (unofficially)
Old Jun 22, 16, 10:55 am

OK guys...thank you...taken row 2
Old Jul 7, 16, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Gold
First time with these 'Domestic' flights.
Booked LHR-EDI in March. Rows 1-5 were blocked. Why?
I'm OW Sapphire and on a paid J ticket from US if that helps me.
I took row 12 D/F hoping for a bit more leg room. However the misses likes to takes pictures out the window and I know row 12 is over the wing.
Old Jul 7, 16, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BMWMOT View Post
First time with these 'Domestic' flights.
Booked LHR-EDI in March. Rows 1-5 were blocked. Why?
I think some seats at the front are usually blocked for Golds until much closer to the time of the flight; or alternatively sometimes for trim.
Old Jul 20, 16, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post

If the last row you can see is row 28 (it's usually not selectable incidentally); OR the final row is 29 AND there is no row 13; then row 12 is the exit row, along with 11. These would not be G-GAT aircraft.
Can I just clarify - the 320 fleet gets me as dizzy as getting stuck in a revolving door - that the pre-owned, non G-GAT A320s based at LGW with row 29 and no row 13, have a bulkhead in front of 1A & C..?

Just zoomed to Gold, thanks to an F US trip with a couple of Belize and Panamas thrown in and short of 3500TPs by 160, so have booked a MAN-LHR//LGW-ACE return, out Sep 3, return Sep 7/8.

I dislike intensely, no doubt as much as the crew, those frames where, in 1A & C, you play footsie with the crew.

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 16, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PrimaVista View Post
Can I just clarify - the 320 fleet gets me as dizzy as getting stuck in a revolving door - that the pre-owned, non G-GAT A320s based at LGW with row 29 and no row 13, have a bulkhead in front of 1A & C..?
Yes they do. It's only the G-GATx fleet that is missing the bulkhead at 1A / 1C. Another way to look at that is if there is 1D + 1F then you're also OK at 1A/1C.
Old Jul 20, 16, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Yes they do. It's only the G-GATx fleet that is missing the bulkhead at 1A / 1C. Another way to look at that is if there is 1D + 1F then you're also OK at 1A/1C.
Thanks c-w-s; more reliable than slippers in F.
Old Jul 27, 16, 8:07 am

I just discovered thebasource.com website, thanks to another BA thread.
I put in my flight 1442 from LHR-EDI. I am reasonably sure it's a A320 Pinnacle with 168 seats.
I took row 12 for the extra leg room. However the note on the seat says there is no floor storage for take off and landing. Any idea why? Row 11 is right ahead of row 12 which I'm assuming has room for a small bag.
Does the crew make sure you don't put anything under the seat ahead of you or is there another reason?
Old Jul 27, 16, 8:08 am

Exit row
Old Jul 27, 16, 8:19 am

I understand it's an exit row. I mostly fly AA and prior to that US and there is no policy saying you can't put a bag under the seat in front of you if you're sitting in an exit row. I've done it many times.
I guess I'll read between your words and assume BA has a policy of no bags allowed under the seat in front of you if you're in an exit row.
Old Jul 27, 16, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I understand it's an exit row. I mostly fly AA and prior to that US and there is no policy saying you can't put a bag under the seat in front of you if you're sitting in an exit row. I've done it many times.
I guess I'll read between your words and assume BA has a policy of no bags allowed under the seat in front of you if you're in an exit row.
Yes this does differ to the US. I believe this is a CAA/EASA policy rather than a specific BA one. You can't have anything on the floor for an exit row or a bulkhead row.
Old Jul 27, 16, 8:34 am

Thank you. Glad I checked and confirmed. We do HBO and put our smaller bag under the seat in front of us. I'll change to a non exit row.
Old Jul 27, 16, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thank you. Glad I checked and confirmed. We do HBO and put our smaller bag under the seat in front of us. I'll change to a non exit row.
Just to clarify, you can have a bag on the floor during the flight, just not during taxi, takeoff and landing.
Old Jul 27, 16, 12:44 pm

A320 type "32A" in MMB

I can't seem to find any specific seating guide info on type "32A". Any info appreciated.
Old Jul 27, 16, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northeastflyer View Post
I can't seem to find any specific seating guide info on type "32A". Any info appreciated.
This should help http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-aircraft.html

Search this Thread