Seating guide: Airbus A320

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 24, 17, 7:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Airbus A320 Seating Guide

Whenever you call up your flight details using BA.com’s Manage My Booking (MMB), you may notice an peculiar code describing the aircraft operating your flight. It is usually generically marked as “320”, but can change to either 20A or M0A closer to departure. These codes can be quite useful as they allow you to narrow down the actual aircraft operating your flight.

Screen shot of the seat map in MMB, indicating where you can find information about the aircraft type

MMB code 20A
BA's indigenous A320s are fitted with B/E Aerospace slimline leather upholstered seats with 4-way adjustable headrests and eye level magazine storage. Cabins are also fitted with LED lighting. Seating capacity is 168CM

Notes:
  • Seat pitch is approx 30” in standard rows. Pitch is the same in business class ("Club Europe") as it is in economy ("Euro Traveller" and "Domestic")
  • In business class ("Club Europe"), the unsold middle seat is converted into a shared space by way of a fold down console. Business class cabin sizes do vary depending on individual flight loads. While the cabin size is usually determined approx 72 hours ahead of departure, the seat map is still subject to further minor adjustments up to approx 24 hours before departure although rarely contracting or expanding by more than one row during this period. The maximum capacity in business class is 40C (rows 1 to 10)
  • Exit rows 11 and 12 offer greater leg room but caution may be given to rows 10 and 11, as these seats do not recline.
  • Seats fitted on BA mainline A320s do not have power sockets (subject to verification)
  • Rows 3, 6, and 9 are without overhead vent nozzles. There may be other rows aft of the exit rows without nozzles, subject to verification
  • There are twelve A320s fitted with IFE equipment, showing looped content on overhead screens
Applicable IFE equipped aircraft:
G-EUUA, G-EUUB, G-EUUC, G-EUUD, G-EUUE, G-EUUF, G-EUUG, G-EUUH, G-EUUI, G-EUUJ, G-TTOB, and G-TTOE

MMB code M0A
Former BD frames, configured 168CM with 28 rows offer an approx 30" seat pitch. Exit rows are 11 and 12. Seats in rows 10 and 11 have no recline. These aircraft are identifiable by their row numbers - last row is 29, and row number 13 is skipped. Beware of seat 01F which on G-MEDK has no windows
Applicable aircraft:
G-MEDK, G-MIDO, G-MIDS, G-MIDT, G-MIDX, and G-MIDY

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 9, 16, 11:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
I recall 1DF having more legroom but that was ex-LGW which from above has more 1DF legroom??
Yes that's Gatwick. 1C has the best knee and room. Though I really really really think Alitalia is better for you, if you can cope with moderate static electricity.
Old Jun 9, 16, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver, UA 1K, AA 2mm LT PLT
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Yes that's Gatwick. 1C has the best knee and room. Though I really really really think Alitalia is better for you, if you can cope with moderate static electricity.
LOL. Tempting but I think I'll pass this time. Thanks corporate-wage-slave.
Old Jun 17, 16, 12:53 am

Hi

Hope I'm posting this in the correct place.. as its my first post.

I am flying PFO-LGW on the 18/06/2016... so tomorrow and have booked exit row seats 13E and 13F... are these seats good??
Does anyone know what aircraft is operating it?
Also when I look at seat maps on the Web it's saying the exit rows are 11 and 12. Not the 13?

Any info would be great
Thanks
Old Jun 17, 16, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, RDOFlyer!
Originally Posted by RDOFlyer View Post
I am flying PFO-LGW on the 18/06/2016... so tomorrow and have booked exit row seats 13E and 13F... are these seats good??
Also when I look at seat maps on the Web it's saying the exit rows are 11 and 12. Not the 13?
I don't know where on the web you have been looking, but most sites with static seat maps are pretty useless (at least for BA) - so ignore websites like seatguru. The best place for static seat maps for BA is http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps.html although even they are sometimes having trouble keeping up with the new configurations that are being brought online.

The best place for seeing the seat map for your particular flight is via ba.com (ie through the Manage My Booking function). There are other services which allow access to a specific flight's seat map, such as ExpertFlyer. On a quick look now, EF says that BA2677 PFO-LGW on 18 June is being operated by an A320; the current configuration has Club Europe going back to row 8, and the overwing exit rows are 12 and 13.
Old Jun 17, 16, 3:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Hi

Hope I'm posting this in the correct place.. as its my first post.
Absolutely the right place, well done for finding it - it can be done! Welcome to Flyertalk RDOFlyer and the BA Board, I hope we will see more of you, and that you had a good time in Cyprus.

Just to add to Globaliser's input - there are several aircraft types at Gatwick now, which does make it complicated. But the core fleet is know at G-GAT - that's the first few letters of the aircraft's registration, there is a good chance you will get G-GATP for example. Row 13 is the exit row there, along with 12.

Now all the G-GAT aircraft have a final row number of 29 or higher AND there is a row 13.

If the last row you can see is row 28 (it's usually not selectable incidentally); OR the final row is 29 AND there is no row 13; then row 12 is the exit row, along with 11. These would not be G-GAT aircraft.
Old Jun 17, 16, 3:41 am

Hi

Thank you very much for your reply Globaliser and corporate wage-slave

Thanks for the information you provided and looks like I should be getting at exit seat unless aircraft change.
Old Jun 17, 16, 9:20 am

Currently planned to be operated by G–GATN
Old Jun 17, 16, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by TCX69 View Post
Currently planned to be operated by G–GATN
Thanks for the information...hopefully no change
Old Jun 22, 16, 5:23 am

Club Europe A320 Seats

Hi...flying BA0650 LHR/JMK Sat 25th in Club Europe...currently curtain back as far emergency exit row 12 (A320) & have managed to get 12D & 12F...row 1 not showing to me @ T-72 (lowly bronze) but do see 2D & F available...question please is to stay where we are or move forward...inclined to stay in 12?

Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 16, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Would you prefer the legroom or a speedy disembarkation? Could be 40+ people in front of you
Old Jun 22, 16, 5:28 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
I would stay in the exit row, with the risk being if the curtain is moved forward and you are moved to non-adjacent seats.
Old Jun 22, 16, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
A320 exit rows in my experience aren't that great. If it were an A321, totally different story but 320s I barely notice any difference.

Personally, I would opt for row 2 on the basis that Club Europe very quickly runs out of all the meal choices, so I'd be wanting to avoid being lumped with something I don't really want.
Old Jun 22, 16, 5:29 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
You will probably get served last, so there is a risk of your meal being Luke warm or no choice, I find the exit rows have less padding but could be my imagination.... I would probably sit tight and see if row 1 opens up!
Old Jun 22, 16, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
Row 1 is currently taken according to EF. Also, only six seats left for selection. Looks like a very busy flight in CE.

Interestingly 4A & 4D are shown as blocked with 4C and 4F occupied. Another example of the status-related seat blocking perhaps?

Last edited by Zzzap; Jun 22, 16 at 5:35 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 22, 16, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Was in 12D (ET) on a recent A320 flight. Leg room was pleasant for a 3 hour flight, a good couple of inches from knee to seat back vrs the usual right up against. (I'm a larger chap.)

Search this Thread