Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Originally Posted by ptr120
The usual logic is to ignore Seat Guru and go to thebasource.com

I'm guessing that you are on one of the second hand Gatwick aircraft?
I don't know about secondhand but yes, LGW-BCN... And I am still confused.

The seating plans on basource all show seats 1D&F
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hungry
I don't know about secondhand but yes, LGW-BCN... And I am still confused.

The seating plans on basource all show seats 1D&F
Apart from this one http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps/a320/cy171.html

EDIT: these are ex Wizz air aircraft that have recently been acquired for LGW, there are currently 9 of them atm.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Thanks. Makes a bit more sense now

Are these ex wizz planes of a lower quality to proper BA aircraft?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by hungry
Thanks. Makes a bit more sense now

Are these ex wizz planes of a lower quality to proper BA aircraft?
Of the 9 planes in this seat configuration only 3 came from Wizz, the others were from fellow OneWorld airline TAM (Brazil). They are identical A320s to others in the BA fleet, they aren't the oldest BA have, even the seats now fitted are the same as most of the other BA A320s. The only real difference is the seating layout, with what is effectively an extra half-row at the front where a wardrobe is fitted on new-to-BA aircraft.
Ten planes were originally expected, and went through an extensive refurb process during which they were BA-ised. When they were stripped for refurb BA engineers discovered one had problems and this was rejected, which is why there are only 9 in service. A replacement for the 10th plane is expected in time for summer.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question London Gatwick G-GAT? A320s

On BA2717 in CE and have a choice of 1AC or 2DF . as front rows - no 1DF. Which is the better choice?
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by col747uk
On BA2717 in CE and have a choice of 1AC or 2DF . as front rows - no 1DF. Which is the better choice?
2DF is what you want: this is the G-GAT series referred supra, including some photos. The 1AC have no bulkhead, and masses of leg room, but you are facing the cabin crew for take off and landing. In the ideal world, the crew prefer no-one to be sat in these seats. 2D and 2F have some of the most generous leg and knee room on the shorthaul.

BA2717 is Málaga to London Gatwick, for the benefit of anyone who hasn't yet memorised the timetable.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by col747uk
2DF. Extra legroom, without the lack of privacy and knocks/bumps of 1AC.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hello.. I'm shortly going to to be flying to Mykonos in club and as now as gold, am able to select the front rows. I read on the forum that I should take 1a/c to get a good view on Mykonos on approach to landing. However, I recently flew on an a320 to Malta and was not happy to see 1 a/c did not have a bulkhead and seemed very open to the galley and jump seats. The plane we are travelling on from LHR is listed as a 32A rather than a 20A as suggested in this thread. Can I be sure of having a bulkhead in 1a/c or should I opt for / stay with 1d/f on the way out and back.

As ever, grateful for any insight to maximize our experience on the day!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The LHR aircraft have a bulkhead in that location, so they have a slightly different design to the Malta G-GATx aircraft. (More details and photos upthread incidentally). On the other hand 1D / 1F does not have the extra legroom that the LGW aircraft have. There is a highly remote possibility of a LGW / LHR swap but I've not seen it happen yet. Either way, 1A / 1C is a good seat arrangement for LHR.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The LHR aircraft have a bulkhead in that location, so they have a slightly different design to the Malta G-GATx aircraft. (More details and photos upthread incidentally). On the other hand 1D / 1F does not have the extra legroom that the LGW aircraft have. There is a highly remote possibility of a LGW / LHR swap but I've not seen it happen yet. Either way, 1A / 1C is a good seat arrangement for LHR.
Ah - thank you again! It's all so confusing. Neither myself or OH are very tall so we value privacy over leg room... But I am keen to enjoy the views. I believe the left hand side is also better for departure from JMK so I think I will change from 1DF to AC while they are still available.

^
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by CaroFos
Ah - thank you again! It's all so confusing. Neither myself or OH are very tall so we value privacy over leg room... But I am keen to enjoy the views. I believe the left hand side is also better for departure from JMK so I think I will change from 1DF to AC while they are still available.
Both sides work for arrival since the aircraft sweeps over the neighbouring islands en route, and indeed port side is best for departure, subject to weather conditions on the day, naturally. I wouldn't let it be a total decider, but 1A and 1C are good seats anyway.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:47 am

CWS, I'm going to assume you've done the JMK run from LCY on the E190? Given that it's a relatively long flight on a relatively small aircraft, were the sufficient stocks of drink on board for both the outbound & return (in terms of wine/spirits rather than champagne)? I assume nothing is uplifted down route?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by BAW845_Matt
CWS, I'm going to assume you've done the JMK run from LCY on the E190? Given that it's a relatively long flight on a relatively small aircraft, were the sufficient stocks of drink on board for both the outbound & return (in terms of wine/spirits rather than champagne)? I assume nothing is uplifted down route?
Yes, but with 7 passengers on board, this wasn't too tricky. One lad did try his best but tragically peaked too soon and passed out somewhere over Salzburg, so that was the end of that. Nothing is downloaded at any Greek airport apart from ATH, I believe.

Recently did a LHR-KGS (Kos) and no obvious shortages, a few fizzy bottles went back to ET too, for someone's birthday. That's a MF route.
Old May 1, 2016, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by CaroFos

^
By coincidence, I flew over Mykonos 2 hours ago. This shows the airport from the Paradise Beach end, the usual approach route, with the town to the left. And yes, today, Easter Sunday in the Orthodox rite, it's every bit as blue as shown here.

Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I moved our December LHR-FCO flight to an earlier A320 flight.
We currently have 1AC. Any reason to move to 1DF?
I recall 1DF having more legroom but that was ex-LGW which from above has more 1DF legroom??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.