Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
Questions about window alignments have come up many times over the years. Fortunately, the answers were collated and used to create the seat maps you can find in post 1 of this thread. When BA refitted the Airbus cabins, the new 20A seat maps were created using multiple photographic and “in-situ” survey notes to check for accuracy. I hope you find the seat maps as useful as I do - as far as I am aware there are no other maps available in the public domain that show window positions.
Should I be aware of any differences in the A320's at LGW?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Prospero
I hope you find the seat maps as useful as I do - as far as I am aware there are no other maps available in the public domain that show window positions.
they are great - but any chance the horrible rows without air vents could be added ?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA A320 2 windows

I have seen a picture from a frequent flyer that sat in row 25 of a BA A320 seat 25F and he had 2 windows to his seat. is this only on specific few ba a320's or the majority? Also are there any other rows which have 2 windows per window seat?

thanks
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:37 am

20E type A320 Club Europe seating

We are travelling on a 20E type A320 tonight. I am aware of the benefits of 1 A and C/2D and F, but does anyone know of any rows other than these that have missing windows? Thanks.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 4:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
We are travelling on a 20E type A320 tonight. I am aware of the benefits of 1 A and C/2D and F, but does anyone know of any rows other than these that have missing windows? Thanks.
These front rows on G-GAT do have windows present and aligned. The window is slightly better aligned at 1A/C but the leg room is also very good on 2D/F. There isn't a Delta Kilo style blank on any of them or the A321 rear exit row constrained window. Some windows are a bit better aligned than the others but not to the extent that is noticeable to the average traveller.

Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:24 pm

That photo is so depressing. The customers knees are practically wedged against the seat in front and the lack of wardrobe is so indicative of the cheapification of the product. Sigh.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by G-AVFC
That photo is so depressing. The customers knees are practically wedged against the seat in front and the lack of wardrobe is so indicative of the cheapification of the product. Sigh.
That customer was tall, close to 2 metres I would guess.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:43 pm

Are 1AC/2DF usually blocked on the LGW-RAK A320 fleet until T-72 or similar, or are they likely to be actually reserved by other passengers? 1DF don't seem to exist so I think it's a G-CAT per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25110166-post221.html

(Currently BAEC Silver)

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Correct. They become available just after 11am GMT (currently 12pm BST) on D-3.
It might not be just the front seats on each side - if 2DF is blocked I assume 2AC is too - as many seats as they think they might "usually" have Golds on the route.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by ENTP
Correct. They become available just after 11am GMT (currently 12pm BST) on D-3.
It might not be just the front seats on each side - if 2DF is blocked I assume 2AC is too - as many seats as they think they might "usually" have Golds on the route.
Great, thanks for the quick reply!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL
On the G-GAT fleet, is 2F a nicer experience than 1A? (where you're sat in the Galley!)
I'm tempted to stick with 1A in case there is a sub.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by snuffi
On the G-GAT fleet, is 2F a nicer experience than 1A? (where you're sat in the Galley!)
Such a first world problem, but I was about to post this question after nabbing one of those amazing £150 returns in Gatwick flash sale ending tonight.

CWS, thanks for the picture of seats 1A/C in what will assumedly be our layout for upcoming LGW-RAK flight. We've nabbed those seats on way out. I'm quite a shortie so 1A with even a bulging lower door 1 [??] will still be fine but MrNoTiers at 6'2" will appreciate the near unlimited space at 1C. Will 2D/F also afford him enough legroom, without the full view of galley. Of course FTnerd here I would probably prefer that view but all things being equal does the greater privacy of 2D/F compromise on space?

Thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
For my 2 returns on this layout I originally booked 1a but on looking at this thread I have changed to 2f. Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by snuffi
2F is good, and you have a nice view of the wing and no. 2 engine (see below). For teh reasons you mention I much prefer 2F over 1A or C. However, you are right the danger is an aircraft sub after OLCI and you now find 2F is no longer a bulkhead.

Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Wonderful - have just opted for 2F (automatically allocated 1A by BA) for a November trip on the £150 fares. Completely free cabin in first outbound...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.