Seating guide: Airbus A320

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 24, 17, 7:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Airbus A320 Seating Guide

Whenever you call up your flight details using BA.com’s Manage My Booking (MMB), you may notice an peculiar code describing the aircraft operating your flight. It is usually generically marked as “320”, but can change to either 20A or M0A closer to departure. These codes can be quite useful as they allow you to narrow down the actual aircraft operating your flight.

Screen shot of the seat map in MMB, indicating where you can find information about the aircraft type

MMB code 20A
BA's indigenous A320s are fitted with B/E Aerospace slimline leather upholstered seats with 4-way adjustable headrests and eye level magazine storage. Cabins are also fitted with LED lighting. Seating capacity is 168CM

Notes:
  • Seat pitch is approx 30” in standard rows. Pitch is the same in business class ("Club Europe") as it is in economy ("Euro Traveller" and "Domestic")
  • In business class ("Club Europe"), the unsold middle seat is converted into a shared space by way of a fold down console. Business class cabin sizes do vary depending on individual flight loads. While the cabin size is usually determined approx 72 hours ahead of departure, the seat map is still subject to further minor adjustments up to approx 24 hours before departure although rarely contracting or expanding by more than one row during this period. The maximum capacity in business class is 40C (rows 1 to 10)
  • Exit rows 11 and 12 offer greater leg room but caution may be given to rows 10 and 11, as these seats do not recline.
  • Seats fitted on BA mainline A320s do not have power sockets (subject to verification)
  • Rows 3, 6, and 9 are without overhead vent nozzles. There may be other rows aft of the exit rows without nozzles, subject to verification
  • There are twelve A320s fitted with IFE equipment, showing looped content on overhead screens
Applicable IFE equipped aircraft:
G-EUUA, G-EUUB, G-EUUC, G-EUUD, G-EUUE, G-EUUF, G-EUUG, G-EUUH, G-EUUI, G-EUUJ, G-TTOB, and G-TTOE

MMB code M0A
Former BD frames, configured 168CM with 28 rows offer an approx 30" seat pitch. Exit rows are 11 and 12. Seats in rows 10 and 11 have no recline. These aircraft are identifiable by their row numbers - last row is 29, and row number 13 is skipped. Beware of seat 01F which on G-MEDK has no windows
Applicable aircraft:
G-MEDK, G-MIDO, G-MIDS, G-MIDT, G-MIDX, and G-MIDY

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 29, 15, 7:15 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes row 13 is better if you want to recline.

I wouldn't count on having no-one else select the remaining exit row seats between you though.
Old Jul 29, 15, 7:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BA
However there might be an aircraft swap to MEDK, TTOB/E or one of the LHR 320s meaning row 13 won't be an exit row.
Old Jul 29, 15, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Oh dear... some poor sap is going to regret that they gleefully snagged an exit row seat!
Old Jul 29, 15, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by windowontheAside View Post
Oh dear... some poor sap is going to regret that they gleefully snagged an exit row seat!
Hopefully these guys are not too big, or they might get turfed out the exit row altogether!!
Old Jul 30, 15, 5:45 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Air Vent Nozzles

Originally Posted by wikipost
Rows 3, 6, and 9 are without overhead vent nozzles. There may be other rows aft of the exit rows without nozzles, subject to verification.
I had the misfortune to sit in row 6 on a hot sunny afternoon a few weeks ago ... very unpleasant hot sweaty experience !

Don't understand why seatguru etc. don't mark these seats in red ?
Old Jul 30, 15, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Andrew.Smith View Post
Don't understand why seatguru etc. don't mark these seats in red ?
seatguru is so inaccurate and out-of-date for BA that it should generally be ignored. That solves that problem.
Old Jul 30, 15, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
seatguru is so inaccurate and out-of-date for BA that it should generally be ignored. That solves that problem.
lol. an alternative is required to "solve" the problem !
Old Jul 31, 15, 1:31 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Andrew.Smith View Post
lol. an alternative is required to "solve" the problem !
This has all BA seat maps: http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps.html
Old Jul 31, 15, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by nux View Post
This has all BA seat maps: http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps.html
i didn't realise that theBAsource did seat maps ... but it looks like they don't highlight the lack of air vents either
Old Aug 7, 15, 6:42 pm

Programs: No status on anything anymore!
Flying LHR-EDI soon---my first time flying domestically on BA. My ticket is part of a redemption---class U. When I look at the seats available (to pay for, since more than 7 days out) there is nothing available until row 7. Is this because those seats are reserved for Gold? Will they possibly open up closer to flight time?

I know it's only a short flight. It is more a question of curiosity.
Old Aug 7, 15, 7:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
Yes, around 12:00 UK time 3 days before your flight.
Old Aug 7, 15, 7:22 pm

Programs: No status on anything anymore!
thanks so much!

Does U class on the ticket entitle one to use the lounge in EDI? My onward trip from LHR is only wt+.
Old Aug 30, 15, 2:47 am

Are there any rows without windows (or odd alignments) on LHR based A320's in rows 1-9? I'm also assuming that apart from row 1 there's no difference in seat pitch between any of these rows? Thanks.
Old Aug 30, 15, 2:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer View Post
Are there any rows without windows (or odd alignments) on LHR based A320's in rows 1-9? I'm also assuming that apart from row 1 there's no difference in seat pitch between any of these rows? Thanks.
There's no pitch difference on A320s except row 1, row 2DEF on G-GATx (you won't normally see them at LHR), emergency exit rows and the final row on board (which can be 0.5 cm more or less than the standard).

All the rows have reasonable window alignment, it's not like the rear emergency row on the A321. Some rows are slightly better aligned than others but 99% of passengers wouldn't notice. Some rows don't have air vents on certain configurations but it varies a lot (ex BMI don't have this issue, for example).
Old Aug 30, 15, 3:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges
Original Poster

Originally Posted by northeastflyer View Post
Questions about window alignments have come up many times over the years. Fortunately, the answers were collated and used to create the seat maps you can find in post 1 of this thread. When BA refitted the Airbus cabins, the new 20A seat maps were created using multiple photographic and “in-situ” survey notes to check for accuracy. I hope you find the seat maps as useful as I do - as far as I am aware there are no other maps available in the public domain that show window positions.

Search this Thread