Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
321 = Airbus A321
32Q = Airbus A321neo

UPDATE: Initial posts are now largely outdated but the seat plans and descriptions in post #1 are up-to-date and reflect the densified cabin layouts of both the CEO and NEO aircraft. Below is the basic summary from the WIKI on the "Densified A321" Thread

All BA's existing A321ceo aircraft have now been densified from 205 to 218 seats.
New A321neo aicraft are being added, these start with registration G-NEOP and onwards. These have 220 seats, with Row 9 having 6 seats rather than 4 seats.
There are no A321 205 seat aircraft now in service.
The first A321neo entered service on 30th November 2018.

A321ceo (CY218):
Seats with extra knee space are in rows 1, 10, 23 (pairs of 2 seats) and 24 (A and F only).
Seats in row 37 (back row) have no window view.
They have Pinnacle seats throughout.
There are middle seat tables in CE.
See this post from @CWS for some photos
AeroLOPA seat plan: Click here

The following elevation diagrams of the A321 CEO (type 21V) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

A321neo (CY220):
Extra Legroom seats are in rows 1, 16 and 27
Seats in roww 37 (back row) have no window view.
Rows 1-14 have Pinnacle Seats. Rows 15-37 feature Slimline Recaro Seats with no recline.
There are NO middle seat tables in CE.
AeroLOPA seat plan: Click here

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A321 NEO (type 32Q). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A321 short haul

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Where do you see a 21A map on this thread? Row 20 does exist. 21F exists. 22F is crew.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 6:44 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
I have a domestic A321 coming up between LHR and EDI and at first the seat map made no sense, but turns out it's a mid haul A321,judging by the CE layout on expert flyer.
I'm down the back in coach. Is there any merit in the pair of seats in row 19, or is exit row 20 much better? We are flying as 2 of us, both GCH.

I appreciate this config on this route could easily change, so keeping a close eye on it, but not too worried as a short-ish domestic hop, just interested in any opinions, thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:49 am

ok pretty clear by now that rows 9 and 23 have extra legroom but nobody seems to mention the width of these seats......which for a guy like me with a 44 inch waist matters so much more than extra leg room. what's your experience with the width of the exit rows vs. standard rows on the A321? I typically fly in the standard seats (right hand side of the plane - aisle seat) and then when there's an empty middle seat i lift the armrest between the seats and position my right foot towards it. This way I have plenty of space - both width wise and legroom wise. So is it worth changing to row 9/23 for that extra incremental legroom or not? What's the best seat from a width perspective?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You won't be able to do that in 9/23. Usable space width is reduced by perhaps 1 inch on each side below the armrest.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Just booked 9A outbound and 23A return. Which is better or the same? 23A available both legs so I can change outbound if required. And is F better than A?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by benjai
Just booked 9A outbound and 23A return. Which is better or the same? 23A available both legs so I can change outbound if required.
23A, particularly if you have status, theoretical seating is more likely to keep the seat empty. 9A if you want a window, though it's not that good a view, there's virtually none at 23A.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
23A, particularly if you have status, theoretical seating is more likely to keep the seat empty. 9A if you want a window, though it's not that good a view, there's virtually none at 23A.
Ah, thanks. I'll keep both then to try them out. I managed to pick them both at no cost as Silver; is that correct? I thought there was a charge for exit seats even with status.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:55 pm

I'll be on one of these for an OSL-LHR leg in a couple of weeks, with rows 13 back available to me on MMB. I'm Silver, but travelling with a non-status companion. I'm assuming that putting myself in 23B, and my travelling companion in 23A, is the best move here (TS, with any luck, blocking out 23C if it's not actively chosen by someone else/too busy)?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Why don't you pop yourself in 23A your companion in 23C thus perhaps reducing temptation for any other pax popping into the middle seat by choice. More likely to take the C seat if you are in A and B. Maybe if loads light enough, they may block out 23B for you . Probably unlikely, but if someone occupies the B seat they are often if not always please when you offer the C seat to them after boarding etc. As a Gold card holder very rarely do we have the seat blocked, but it has happened..
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by squawk
I'll be on one of these for an OSL-LHR leg in a couple of weeks, with rows 13 back available to me on MMB. I'm Silver, but travelling with a non-status companion. I'm assuming that putting myself in 23B, and my travelling companion in 23A, is the best move here (TS, with any luck, blocking out 23C if it's not actively chosen by someone else/too busy)?
Yes, this is the best way to get a TS block on to the third seat. If you do A and C the risk (a) you get one of the tiny minority of people who prefer, in fact need, middle seats and (b) there are some anecdotes in the TS main thread that the system is aware of A+C blocking, and handles it differently to A+B (e.g. removing the TS block and/or seat shifting for groups with children). However for any late booking tall single status passenger, unless CE is cut back then row 23 is going to look attractive, whatever seat is going.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:25 am

Thank you nivsy and c-w-s, both very helpful. A shame row 9 isn't available, as 23 doesn't have a window. I'll leave it as 23 A/B, and keep an eye on the booking - is it typically the case that the CE curtain situation becomes clearer closer in to T-72, and row 9 might suddenly become available? Or is it pretty much 'as good as it gets' now?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by squawk
Thank you nivsy and c-w-s, both very helpful. A shame row 9 isn't available, as 23 doesn't have a window. I'll leave it as 23 A/B, and keep an eye on the booking - is it typically the case that the CE curtain situation becomes clearer closer in to T-72, and row 9 might suddenly become available? Or is it pretty much 'as good as it gets' now?
If there are CE travellers already in row 9 then it is unlikely to change. If there are not, then the CE curtain may well move forward. Or indeed back.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:52 am

Great, thanks again c-w-s!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Unusual configuration

Anyone know what type of A321 this is: 35 rows with no row 13? Showing business class below for its distinctive layout, but I need to choose a seat in economy.

Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by nbevan
Anyone know what type of A321 this is: 35 rows with no row 13? Showing business class below for its distinctive layout, but I need to choose a seat in economy.
I can't explain the row 13 unless it's an EF glitch - is it also missing on BA.com? If so it's likely to be an ex BMI, but not the mid hauls since they look very different and their exit row is 7. If it's showing on BA.com then I suspect it's just the curtain division being incorrectly picked up.

It looks nearest this sort:
British Airways A321 CY205 Seat Map

Either way, if you want a lot of leg room it's row 23 (?) but there's no window, or whatever seat is near enough the front but which takes you out of curtain roulette, row 15 or 17.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.