Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
321 = Airbus A321
32Q = Airbus A321neo

UPDATE: Initial posts are now largely outdated but the seat plans and descriptions in post #1 are up-to-date and reflect the densified cabin layouts of both the CEO and NEO aircraft. Below is the basic summary from the WIKI on the "Densified A321" Thread

All BA's existing A321ceo aircraft have now been densified from 205 to 218 seats.
New A321neo aicraft are being added, these start with registration G-NEOP and onwards. These have 220 seats, with Row 9 having 6 seats rather than 4 seats.
There are no A321 205 seat aircraft now in service.
The first A321neo entered service on 30th November 2018.

A321ceo (CY218):
Seats with extra knee space are in rows 1, 10, 23 (pairs of 2 seats) and 24 (A and F only).
Seats in row 37 (back row) have no window view.
They have Pinnacle seats throughout.
There are middle seat tables in CE.
See this post from @CWS for some photos
AeroLOPA seat plan: Click here

The following elevation diagrams of the A321 CEO (type 21V) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

A321neo (CY220):
Extra Legroom seats are in rows 1, 16 and 27
Seats in roww 37 (back row) have no window view.
Rows 1-14 have Pinnacle Seats. Rows 15-37 feature Slimline Recaro Seats with no recline.
There are NO middle seat tables in CE.
AeroLOPA seat plan: Click here

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A321 NEO (type 32Q). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A321 short haul

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

MMB and EF are correct, your in 22A which is a seat. Your on an A321ceo which have been densified.

Totally ignore SeatGuru as a reference as there are many seat maps well out of date there.

See this helpful post linked in the Wiki by CWS which has photos of 23 and 24 to give you an idea.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30459828-post76.html
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Pascoe
Am I on a non-existent seat? I have 22A on a 321. MMB seat map definitely doesn't look quite the same as FT or even Seat guru although it DOES tally with EF.

Hmmmmmm

Seat Guru is incorrect (almost always ) EF and MMB is correct.

Take ken a look at the BA source seat maps liked in the thread Wiki. For ceo is CY218 and CY220 for neo. These are the only two current correct seat maps.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Cheers. I'll stay put then I guess ;-)
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Can anyone explain this seat map for me?

Currently I have 9C and 9D selected, but I'm led to believe these aren't actually extra leg room seats and are only called exit row seats are they don't recline?

Presumably, except for bulkhead, the next best seat is row 10? But why does it only show two seats?!

Flight is BA0812 showing as "321" on the website.

This is CE by the way.

Last edited by c1223; Jul 29, 2019 at 10:20 am
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by c1223
Can anyone explain this seat map for me?

Currently I have 9C and 9D selected, but I'm led to believe these aren't actually extra leg room seats and are only called exit row seats are they don't recline?

Presumably, except for bulkhead, the next best seat is row 10? But why does it only show two seats?!

Flight is BA0812 showing as "321" on the website.

This is CE by the way.

If you're on a densified A321, then Row 9 doesn't have extra leg room. Row 10 does - it has shedloads of leg room!

I can't see whether you attached an image to your post as I can't see one, but in CE, as row 9 only has 2 actual seats each side of the aisle, then CE is only one seat either side of the aisle. Row 10 would have A,C, D,F as CE seats.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Weird, my image isn't showing up. I'll try a reupload:

Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:18 am

Can anyone explain why there are two 9C seats?!

Can anyone explain why there are two 9C seats ?!I
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
See the posts immediately above your post. It's a glitch on the App, and it may or may not be correctly visible on the full website version. The seating is correctly shown on thebasource.com. Essentially in CE on the Neo CEO seating there are 4 physical seats in row 9, only the aisle seats work for CE, 9C and 9D. In Row 10 it's the usual A, C, D and F.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 18, 2019 at 12:03 pm
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by northeastflyer

Can anyone explain why there are two 9C seats ?!I

I think you can chalk this up to BA.com demonstrating it's so called technology to the fullest! FWIW Row 9 are where there are 2 seats forward of the emergency exit. They aren't IN an emergency row as such and offer no additional leg room. Really annoys me they market this row as an exit seat when it blatantly isn't. When in Club config these comprise 9C/D with the adjacent seat blocked as a table in a typical Club Europe style - of effectively solo seats. What's more confusing in your screenshot is the lack of 10C and 10F - row 10 being the row at the emergency exit with the additional legroom - there are 3 seats either side of the aisle in this row (B/E seats blocked when in CE config). Where are they???
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Essentially in CE on the Neo seating there are 4 physical seats in row 9, only the aisle seats work for CE, 9C and 9D. In Row 10 it's the usual A, C, D and F.
Surely you mean the Ceo? On the Neo's the emergency exit is much further back.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
If you're on a densified A321
All the 321's (with the exception of the mid-haul configured ones that feature Club World) have now been densified.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Surely you mean the Ceo? On the Neo's the emergency exit is much further back.
Sorry yes, I meant the newly densified stock. The NEOs have 2 extra seats over CEOs and essentially they are the row 9 seats. So 218 seat aircraft have good seats for 10A and 10C, whereas on NEO 220 seaters row 9 is a full 6 seat row.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
Got 10F on G-EUXI last night. Acres of legroom when crew member not seated.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Update: Removed post about chances of having to gate check a roller bag while seated in the exit row tomorrow (on the GLA-LHR portion of GLA-LHR-BNA) since I'll also have a personal item, and I'm aware you have to place both in the overhead when seated in the exit row in the UK - not the case in the US. Long story short, changed out of the exit row to reduce the chances of gate check since I'm assuming my gate checked bag would be sent to bag claim, which in turn wouldn't be inside the security zone and I'm really trying to cut down on long security lines and other issues at LHR.* Had to gate check it last week on the 319 from LHR-GLA, even though to my eye the 319 is about the same size as many WN planes I've fit this bag on previously.

I figure if my personal item fits underneath the seat ahead they won't be as likely to target me for gate check since I'd be taking up too much overhead space.

*Had the BNA-LHR portion of the outbound trip cancelled on August 25. When BA rebooked me - which to be fair was a much smoother process than anticipated - I was given only a 90 minute turnaround in LHR before my flight to GLA which in my experience is not enough time. The CS agent on the phone assured me there'd be no security issues since "my bags were checked through." Long story short: Two passport control queues, then a LONG queue for liquids/electronics out of bags, X ray, the works. No help from surly LHR staff, which always shocks me a little given how lovely UK residents are in general. Came within minutes of missing my connection. I wonder why so many airlines can't seem to offer correct information on connections in larger airports - had a similar experience recently on Alitalia in CDG. I'm really starting to consider 180 minutes the minimum for these huge facilities once you factor in delays and security queues.

Last edited by divemistressofthedark; Sep 2, 2019 at 10:19 am
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:18 am

Was this because you wanted to have a cigarette or something? There is never a security check after. GLA services if using Flight Connections. There isn't space for it, it's just an escalator. 45 minutes is usually sufficient to make connections off domestic services

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.