Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
321 = Airbus A321
32Q = Airbus A321neo

UPDATE: Initial posts are now largely outdated but the seat plans and descriptions in post #1 are up-to-date and reflect the densified cabin layouts of both the CEO and NEO aircraft. Below is the basic summary from the WIKI on the "Densified A321" Thread

All BA's existing A321ceo aircraft have now been densified from 205 to 218 seats.
New A321neo aicraft are being added, these start with registration G-NEOP and onwards. These have 220 seats, with Row 9 having 6 seats rather than 4 seats.
There are no A321 205 seat aircraft now in service.
The first A321neo entered service on 30th November 2018.

A321ceo (CY218):
Seats with extra knee space are in rows 1, 10, 23 (pairs of 2 seats) and 24 (A and F only).
Seats in row 37 (back row) have no window view.
They have Pinnacle seats throughout.
There are middle seat tables in CE.
See this post from @CWS for some photos
AeroLOPA seat plan: Click here

The following elevation diagrams of the A321 CEO (type 21V) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

A321neo (CY220):
Extra Legroom seats are in rows 1, 16 and 27
Seats in roww 37 (back row) have no window view.
Rows 1-14 have Pinnacle Seats. Rows 15-37 feature Slimline Recaro Seats with no recline.
There are NO middle seat tables in CE.
AeroLOPA seat plan: Click here

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A321 NEO (type 32Q). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A321 short haul

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Currently in 23A on BA990 (35row 321) - I can't remember having flown in ET in this aircraft before.
Exit rows are 22/23. Good enough seat to stretch out?

Return is a 319, exit row 10, and I have 10A which I remember well!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TPRun
Currently in 23A on BA990 (35row 321) - I can't remember having flown in ET in this aircraft before.
Exit rows are 22/23. Good enough seat to stretch out?
Row 23 has unlimited leg room, pretty much, the window is nearly useless if you wanted to look outside. Row 22 is a bit of a caution - it is an exit row for sure, but it seems extra cramped for some reason, and there is no recline. If you get it just for a single passenger and TS blocks it out, then it's not so bad, one can point legs sideways if necessay; and if a couple (and not too big a couple) then obviously you get the space for yourselves since it's a 2 seat block.
nivsy and TPRun like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Row 23 has unlimited leg room, pretty much, the window is nearly useless if you wanted to look outside. Row 22 is a bit of a caution - it is an exit row for sure, but it seems extra cramped for some reason, and there is no recline. If you get it just for a single passenger and TS blocks it out, then it's not so bad, one can point legs sideways if necessay; and if a couple (and not too big a couple) then obviously you get the space for yourselves since it's a 2 seat block.

I'll stay put then
Thank you
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Why does row 24 show as exit row on MMB? Definitely isn't.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:29 pm
HRE

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by c1223
Why does row 24 show as exit row on MMB? Definitely isn't.
It is!

On the densified aircraft
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:27 am

9a blocked?

Sorry if asked before but 9a is ''occupied' on two a321 flights I have booked. All other exits are open to me. Is it one of those reserved and used for lifejackets etc used by crew when doing demo unless flight is very booked and then later really occupied just like 10d is consistently is on the a319 I use most of the year.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
Sorry if asked before but 9a is ''occupied' on two a321 flights I have booked. All other exits are open to me. Is it one of those reserved and used for lifejackets etc used by crew when doing demo unless flight is very booked and then later really occupied just like 10d is consistently is on the a319 I use most of the year.
I don't know the answer to your question but why would they block a window seat for crew safety demo purposes rather than an aisle seat?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:36 am

Quite correct it should read 9c blocked sorry....
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Cant help with your question but 10D is where the Cabin Crew stand whilst boarding so I can only assume thats why its blocked for so long. When flying ET on a 319 with my wife I try to select 10E for me and 10F for her. As a gold I very rarely get someone in 10D.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:39 am

I concur about the 319 very rare that we get anyone in 10d (12 sectors this year) was hoping the 9c on the 321 was a similar situation if yes then I would go for 9a and b.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I concur about the 319 very rare that we get anyone in 10d (12 sectors this year) was hoping the 9c on the 321 was a similar situation if yes then I would go for 9a and b.
A321s are deployed on heavy usage routes, I don't think 9C is in the same category, and in any event 9C is a favourite seat for many flyers so it's rare to see it empty. 23A and B would be more likely to have the C seat left empty.

If looking at a flight a long way off and you are travelling in ET, note that row 9 may risk curtain roulette since it may end up being a CE row.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:42 am

Thanks for feedback. Interesting that frequent flyers choose 9c I just assumed first choice would be 9a.
​​​​​​
Is there anything in front of 9f these days? Photos show nothing in particular but older posts say crew seat?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:48 am

Is there anything in front of 9f these days? Photos show nothing in particular but older posts say crew seat?
It is a crew seat, and the crew member faces into 9F, but if it used it would be just for take off and landing. As soon as they can move (which is before the seat belt signs go off) they will be up and about. There is a plenty of space around the door, 9F isn't really hemmed in by the crew member.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:19 pm

Super CWS
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by HRE
Long time lurker, first time poster here... hi!

Just seen a seat map with 37 rows on the BA site (BA540 to Bologna if that helps) so the exit rows are now shifted back from all the discussion on this thread from rows 22/23 to 23/24.

Have any forum members flown this aircraft - are the back row of the two (ie. 24 in the new 37 row configuration) the additional legroom seats that we should book?

Thanks in advance!
hi... very late response I know.. so on the 37 row A321s, the rear row of 4 across is the big legroom row. I think that’s Row 23. In the 35 row A321s, the row of 4 (row 22?) has no extra legroom, but the row of 6 behind has the big legroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.