Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket Number yet to be issued

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Silver, Tesco, BA Amex, Kris Flyer

I booked a flight over 4 months ago and upgraded via Avios in early December. Whilst I have booked my seat and the flight is confirmed, via the BA App there is still no ticket number issued.

Should I be remotely concerned? I fly next week.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)

Yes - ring up today!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by the_seeker1977
I booked a flight over 4 months ago and upgraded via Avios in early December. Whilst I have booked my seat and the flight is confirmed, via the BA App there is still no ticket number issued.

Should I be remotely concerned? I fly next week.
I'd definitely contact BA, if only for peace of mind. Have the Avios from the upgrade been taken from your account?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:07 am

I had exactly the same thing recently and rang EC weekly to push the ticketing. They told me "don't worry, it's all in order, but there have been delays due to Xmas and the US bad weather etc".

It was finally ticketed with just under a week to go.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Silver, Tesco, BA Amex, Kris Flyer
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I'd definitely contact BA, if only for peace of mind. Have the Avios from the upgrade been taken from your account?
The miles and cash have both been taken - i'll call BA now then.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Emirates Skywards
Follow this up

I had a similar experience recently with the return leg of an Avios booking from BKK back to the UK.Before my outward leg I telephoned BAEC twice and was assured it would be ticketed, but it wasn't. I then e-mailed and was initially told that because the flight was Confirmed, then it was Ticketed (obviously totally wrong). In the end I sorted out at LHR airside on my outward leg and, even then, it took customer services quite a while to get it sorted. They confirmed that I could have been denied boarding at BKK if I hadn't persisted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.