Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Caciucco
Thanks Jerry. Have not been to the States for 20 years so I suspect that it is a quirk of the website as all of the family members are requested to enter it.
I haven't booked through the Iberia website in some time but I have not been prompted to enter a redress number on ba.com or any other airline website; it has always been an optional entry. You might think about logging out and trying in. Also, check to make sure in the personal details of your account that you haven't inadvertently entered something incorrectly.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, BAPP
Thanks again. I tried again after logging in and out, with Chrome and Safari and in English and Spanish. The redress number request only appears for US flights, either way, so will give them a call later in the week.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Upgrading from Club World to First, additional cash charge

I've got a ticket with ClubWorld (R) form LHR-CPT-CPT issued as a joint fare by AC (TATL flights on AC, also in business). The fare class appears to conform with required fare class for upgrading with Avios (of which I have about 35K which can be topped up). I would only be upgrading one-way. However, I can't figure out what the cash portion would be given the fuel surcharge would increase. Is there a way to determine this additional cost?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:56 pm

I've used Avios many times to fly AA short haul flights in the US. The last few days, however, I have been unable to pull up the same Milesaaver flights that are visible in AA.com via the BA website. BA is only displaying just the earliest 2 or 3 flights per day. I thought it was a browser glitch but I have tried it via many platforms/browsers. Anyone have any problems like this recently?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I've got a ticket with ClubWorld (R) form LHR-CPT-CPT issued as a joint fare by AC (TATL flights on AC, also in business).
When you say "issued ... by AC", does the ticket number start 014, or does it start 125?
Originally Posted by Shareholder
However, I can't figure out what the cash portion would be given the fuel surcharge would increase. Is there a way to determine this additional cost?
If, despite what you've said about your ticket, it is eligible for upgrading using Avios, then here's one of the more reliable ways of estimating that additional cost in advance.

Using ITA, price a LHR-CPT-LHR round-trip in business class (any fare will do). Note the amounts of the taxes, fees and charges. Do the same thing for LHR-CPT-LHR in first class. Most of the TFC will be the same, if not all. And I think you may find that there is no change if you UuA from Club to First.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat
Has anyone had issues with taxes on usa-asia AA codeshares? On the BA website it shows the mileage + $5(same as AA), for DFW--NRT, but then on the next screen it adds taxes making the total $350. Just wanted to make sure they do indeed charge taxes on ex-us flights even not transiting through Europe. Or should I call to complete the booking?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:27 pm

Are UuA transferable?

Can I use my Avios to upgrade someone else who booked an upgrade-eligible fare?

This seems like such a basic question but I don't see it mentioned anywhere either here or in the BA T&C. Apparently it's obvious to BA and everyone else that this is either an outrageous suggestion and out of the question or perfectly normal and not even worth worrying about. But I can't tell which.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Can I use my Avios to upgrade someone else who booked an upgrade-eligible fare?

This seems like such a basic question but I don't see it mentioned anywhere either here or in the BA T&C. Apparently it's obvious to BA and everyone else that this is either an outrageous suggestion and out of the question or perfectly normal and not even worth worrying about. But I can't tell which.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ng-myself.html
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: 2015 kettle
Originally Posted by charles
I've used Avios many times to fly AA short haul flights in the US. The last few days, however, I have been unable to pull up the same Milesaaver flights that are visible in AA.com via the BA website. BA is only displaying just the earliest 2 or 3 flights per day. I thought it was a browser glitch but I have tried it via many platforms/browsers. Anyone have any problems like this recently?
I am having the exact same problem. Not sure what the story is. Anyone?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:21 am

The wait time to talk to someone from BA was "over an hour" yesterday as well
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
GGL fee-free cancellation of RFS?

I've done a search but the thread I was looking for isn't coming up.

Can I cancel a RSF booking as GGL free of charge? I seem to recall Nicci saying somewhere that the cancellation / change fee that was introduced for Golds doesnt apply for GGL?

TIA.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:09 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by chris1979
I've done a search but the thread I was looking for isn't coming up.

Can I cancel a RSF booking as GGL free of charge? I seem to recall Nicci saying somewhere that the cancellation / change fee that was introduced for Golds doesnt apply for GGL?

TIA.
Correct.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:33 pm

Sometimes when I search for flights to redeem avios, I can get a month view of dates that flights are available. (usually on international flights, not domestic) Other times, I have to click on each day of the weekly view to see them.

Any idea how I can always see a long term chart for my domestic flights? This would make it easier because I'm happy planning out a vacation long in advance, but would prefer to not search one day at a time.

Edit: For the record, their reward flights map seems unusable to those of us doing US based domestic flights, right? The only airport I see if JFK.

Last edited by ankitgu; Jul 6, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Has something changed recently re: Avios availability / class?

On 29/08 there are 4 x G class seats on LGW-PSA BA 2602, but not showing on Avios.com (1 x CE showing).

I thought redemptions via BA Exec Club booked into X, but Avios could access G class. Has something changed?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:24 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Has something changed recently re: Avios availability / class?

On 29/08 there are 4 x G class seats on LGW-PSA BA 2602, but not showing on Avios.com (1 x CE showing).

I thought redemptions via BA Exec Club booked into X, but Avios could access G class. Has something changed?
I believe it's V class that Avios.com can access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.