Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Tim_T
Just done a shortfall ET and got the "doorstep" ham hock n cheese sandwich. It is pretty tasty but boy is it unhealthy ! at 7.8gms of sat fat, one sandwich gives 39% of an adults daily allowance. 1.9gms of salt is not much better at 32%. I hope the crew are good at CPR!
Haha I noticed this when eating it and opted for the pasta on return!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by paul4040
I'm travelling LHR to LCA on Friday and will be picking up a car on arrival. So, this means no alcohol for me whatsoever on the flight.

Does anyone have an up to date list of soft and non-alcoholic drinks which are available on board?
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Slimline Tonic Water, Sparkling Water, Mineral Water, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, Tomato Juice, 5 Alive, Tea and Coffee.

In addition Club Europe has Cranberry Juice, Bitter Lemon, Fanta Orange, Earl Grey Tea, Pepermint Tea, Camonile Tea, and Green Tea all flights plus Hot Chocolate on Band 4 flights

Last edited by Littlegirl; Apr 23, 2015 at 1:12 pm Reason: Added Tomato Juice
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Slimline Tonic Water, Sparkling Water, Mineral Water, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, 5 Alive, Tea and Coffee.

In addition Club Europe has Cranberry Juice, Bitter Lemon and Fanta Orange plus Hot Chocolate on Band 4 flights.
Tomato juice???
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by ENTP
Tomato juice???
Yes, tomato juice too.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Slimline Tonic Water, Sparkling Water, Mineral Water, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, Tomato Juice, 5 Alive, Tea and Coffee.

In addition Club Europe has Cranberry Juice, Bitter Lemon, Fanta Orange, Earl Grey Tea, Pepermint Tea, Camonile Tea, and Green Tea all flights plus Hot Chocolate on Band 4 flights
Thanks for a very comprehensive answer. ^
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
No tomato juice from Gatwick ....... It was enhanced many years ago....
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
No tomato juice from Gatwick ....... It was enhanced many years ago....
Tomato was removed from some breakfast services for a while at both LHR and LGW but was then reinstated because the conversations explaining we did not have it took as long as serving it in the first place.

At LGW for some reason, some LGW crews, still seem to think they don't have to serve it on the shorter sectors. Which is not correct. It is loaded on the flights and should be available if requested.

Service standards are the same for LGW and LHR.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:22 am

Hot Breakfast time changed?

Just flown ABZ - LHR on BA1305 dep 0930. I last took this flight exactly 4 weeks ago and that time as per previous departures a hot breakfast was offered. Today though just the basket with the usual crisp/biscuit. I queried this with the cabin crew who said hot breakfast not served after 0830. Not seen this enhancement mentioned elsewhere - is it correct? I'll take earlier flight next time

H
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Data Dad
Just flown ABZ - LHR on BA1305 dep 0930. I last took this flight exactly 4 weeks ago and that time as per previous departures a hot breakfast was offered. Today though just the basket with the usual crisp/biscuit. I queried this with the cabin crew who said hot breakfast not served after 0830. Not seen this enhancement mentioned elsewhere - is it correct? I'll take earlier flight next time

H
Hot breakfast stops at 09.29.
Flights that take off at 09.30 get the snack basket.

My guess is that the Summer schedule may be 5 mins later than your last sector in the winter time table. Have you checked the exact time of your last ABZ flight.

It is really annoying though that just a couple of mins can make so much difference. If you catch the flight before the 09.30 one, you will get breakfast though.

These timings have been like this for quite a long time now.

Breakfast up until 09.29 on domestics and then snack basket rest of day.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:45 am

Breakfast up until 09.29 on domestics and then snack basket rest of day.
Thank you - yes just checked, the last flight was slightly earlier on winter TT. The '0830' comment though was incorrect which was my main feeling.

Have to remember that for next time
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
I'm flying LCY-IBZ departing 09:10 and IBZ-LCY departing 13:30, all in ET. Poking around on FlyerTalk I'm having trouble working out just how different the CityFlyer catering is to mainline BA, with some seemingly receiving a hot breakfast and even a hot lunch/dinner on similar flights. Can anyone be kind enough to elighten me as to what I might receive?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by zappomatic
I'm flying LCY-IBZ departing 09:10 and IBZ-LCY departing 13:30, all in ET. Poking around on FlyerTalk I'm having trouble working out just how different the CityFlyer catering is to mainline BA, with some seemingly receiving a hot breakfast and even a hot lunch/dinner on similar flights. Can anyone be kind enough to elighten me as to what I might receive?
On my last flights LCY to PMI, very similar times though; hot breakfast on the way out (bacon, sausage, etc.) and couscous chicken salad on the return.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by ReadystEDIgo
On my last flights LCY to PMI, very similar times though; hot breakfast on the way out (bacon, sausage, etc.) and couscous chicken salad on the return.
Thank you ReadystEDIgo.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Data Dad
Thank you - yes just checked, the last flight was slightly earlier on winter TT. The '0830' comment though was incorrect which was my main feeling.

Have to remember that for next time
Yes, the 08.30 comment was wrong. Some SCCMs don't choose to do the domestic earlies (I love them) and so he may have got a bit mixed up.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by shefgab
On my past few CE flights (JER/FCO/MUC/ZAG, so bands 1, 2 & 3 during Nov/Dec/Jan), Cointreau and Southern Comfort were not available, and I was told that they had been removed.
So i'm happy to report that some band 4 flights from LGW do still have Cointreau. The purser was as suprised as I was to find it in the trolley Perfect for a digestif watching the scenery!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.