Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
Update on LGW CE bars Band4 flights:

No Port, actually very few liqueurs Baileys, Martini Bianco, Cointreau, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria, Drambuie.

Sorry about the rather small selection.
I asked yesterday on IST-LHR (band 4) in Club, and was told they didn't do Cointreau anymore (I did get them to check, but none).

Also no slimline tonic available (although I did managed to get some on Monday in ET going to OSL )
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, , HH Diamond, Radisson Platinum
Thank you Haasha, for the veggie update. The pasta salad, although really good on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd occasion, is getting rather repetitious now. Looking forward to trying the veggie flatbread. If served on the Lhr-Arn late afternoon flights.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Those filled flatbreads are pretty pathetic. With so much bread, the filling is usually dry. I prefer Urban Eat wraps they offered last year in Band 3.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by techie
Those filled flatbreads are pretty pathetic. With so much bread, the filling is usually dry. I prefer Urban Eat wraps they offered last year in Band 3.
I don't. They still serve the wraps on LGW flights and I am really tired of them. I find them a rather poor alternative (even though slightly better since they have replaced all forms of lettuce by spinach, which works better!) The bacon wrap, full of disgusting mayonnaise, is a particularly revolting specimen. The harissa chicken is the only good one.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
[QUOTE=Mini Indi;22221311]Thank you Haasha, for the veggie update. The pasta salad, although really good on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd occasion, is getting rather repetitious now. QUOTE]

Might I suggest "jazzing it up" a little, by adding chorizo, or spicy chicken ???
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I don't. They still serve the wraps on LGW flights and I am really tired of them. I find them a rather poor alternative (even though slightly better since they have replaced all forms of lettuce by spinach, which works better!) The bacon wrap, full of disgusting mayonnaise, is a particularly revolting specimen. The harissa chicken is the only good one.
Fair enough. With flatbreads, it's mostly bread. With wraps, on the other hand, the tortilla is pretty thin and there is more filling. Since the flatbread is so dry, I also end up drinking more than I otherwise would to wash it down.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by orbitmic
The chicken cæsar was good but seems to have died a death.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by techie
Fair enough. With flatbreads, it's mostly bread. With wraps, on the other hand, the tortilla is pretty thin and there is more filling. Since the flatbread is so dry, I also end up drinking more than I otherwise would to wash it down.
I actually found the tortillas to have more "floury" taste than the flatbread, though I understand your point. So far I have been lucky and the bread was pretty tasty and not too dry.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
My problem with the wraps was/is the propensity towards only serving those which had been soaked in mayonnaise
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

UK Domestic Continental Breakfast (GLA-LHR)

A pleasant enough change this morning from the usual omelette with cheese and mushroom sauce. Strict vegetarians may wish to give the conti option a wide berth but I was happy enough to separate the unwanted ahem from the cheese slices.

Old Feb 4, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Virgin FC
Flew LHR-BUD return this weekend in CE, and I must say, the fish curry sounded awful, but it tasted very very good...my friend i flew with is used to his mum's homemade curry, and commented on how nice the fish curry was too ^

The outbound service was excellent...the purser and the crew did everything slickly and how I feel it should have been done...the return only the purser looking after us, and tried doing everything in one go...less slick...

but overall the food was excellent in both directions....huge noticeable improvement
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Prospero
A pleasant enough change this morning from the usual omelette with cheese and mushroom sauce. Strict vegetarians may wish to give the conti option a wide berth but I was happy enough to separate the unwanted ahem from the cheese slices.

To be honest, that looks awful. Truly awful.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
Looks okay (until you open the box).
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
+1
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Afternoon Tea vs Special Meal

My next flight is a band 3 CE during the rather poor afternoon tea service.

It is worth ordering a special meal instead. I was thinking maybe asian vegetarian.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.