Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Last week, 7.50 am LCY-AMS ET breakfast was a filled brioche with bacon and egg mayo (more mayo that anything else!), a small muffin and a cuplet of orange juice. Can't comment on the brioche because it looked too gloopy for me to tolerate; the muffin was just 'ok'.

I asked about a meat free version and was told it was egg mayo, so didnt bother to change
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:37 pm

Is (general) consensus that on CE brunch/extended breakfast flights, you may still be best off ordering a special meal? I'm thinking the 11:00 LIS-LHR flight that arrives at 13:35… and thinking the seafood special.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:39 pm

BA 377 TLS-LHR 8:10am departure Jan 14

BA 377
Toulouse to Heathrow
8:10am departure
Euro Traveler

Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Is (general) consensus that on CE brunch/extended breakfast flights, you may still be best off ordering a special meal? I'm thinking the 11:00 LIS-LHR flight that arrives at 13:35… and thinking the seafood special.
This was brunch LGW-DBV (Band 3)

This was seafood special meal on LHR-MUC (afternoon tea, Band 2, so not quite the same as LIS)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by shefgab
This was brunch LGW-DBV (Band 3)

This was seafood special meal on LHR-MUC (afternoon tea, Band 2, so not quite the same as LIS)
That top photo is a Brunch not Lunch surely. (although of course it is often served at lunch time because Brunch is ridiculously served up to an 11.59 departure time).
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: Diamond Club, Krisflyer, BA Exec
Originally Posted by Carfield
BA 377
Toulouse to Heathrow
8:10am departure
Euro Traveler

Serving out of date food now? Is nothing safe with cost cutting?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by gordies
Serving out of date food now? Is nothing safe with cost cutting?
What do you mean, out of date food?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
What do you mean, out of date food?
I noticed that too - the flight is reported to have been on Jan 14 and the "use by" date on the croissant is Jan 13.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I noticed that too - the flight is reported to have been on Jan 14 and the "use by" date on the croissant is Jan 13.
OK, I see now, hopefully the OP got his flight date, one day out.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
OK, I see now, hopefully the OP got his flight date, one day out.
Or it could have been "Jan 14" as in "January 2014" ...
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Jordan D
That is unlikely. This product will deteriorate rapidly and even if refrigerated, will only have a safe life of a matter of days.

More likely is that BA conducted extensive customer research. This may have highlighted that customers are unhappy, that with so many starving people on the planet, it is immoral to discard out of date product that may well be good enough to eat. Therefore, in order to enhance the on brand trust measure, use-by dates on fresh produce will no longer be utilised meaning no food will be wasted. More importantly, customers benefiting from the additional flavouring and other side effects of these products will be able to do so at no extra cost!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Jordan D
Hopefully the OP will clarify.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
That is unlikely. This product will deteriorate rapidly and even if refrigerated, will only have a safe life of a matter of days.
I think they meant maybe the title of the thread meant Jan 2014 rather than Jan 14th as opposed to the labelling which gives the full date.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by makin'miles
I got something very similar to shefgab's seafood dish on an 11am LHR-PRG flight in late November. Less greens and more protein variety, in fact. And again on an 11:20am LHR-PSA just before Christmas. I'd pick that over any brunch offering any day, based on the pics we're seeing here. Other than the slight irritant of being served a partially hydrogenated spread it still looks like a far superior tray of food.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Prospero

Band 4 routes (flight time 180 mins and over)
ACE, ATH, CMN, IST, KBP, LCA, LED, LPA, MLA, OTP, PFO, PRN, RAK, SOF, TFS, TIA, and TIP
c-w-s rightly pointed out that SKG is missing in the B4 list. Would it be possible to update the first post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.