Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Mordac
Interesting experience at T5 Fast Track North this morning. Security person insists I remove my laptop from its bag sleeve (in addition to being generally overly precious with everything). Is this an actual new rule, or (as I suspect), this person might have been pulled off the MAN security team?

Hmmm LHR never asks me to remove the sleeve. MAN always does. Although as there were so many trays on the conveyor in MAN waiting to be collected by screened passengers, my laptop was under the scanner for absolutely ages. I am surprised it wasn't fried
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:35 am

I've been asked to remove my laptop from its sleeve at LHR. Tedious.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Anyone know if GGLs have the ability to take two additional non-status pax through Fast Track at LHR T5 or is it just one as per standard Golds?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Anyone know if GGLs have the ability to take two additional non-status pax through Fast Track at LHR T5 or is it just one as per standard Golds?
GGL can guest two people to the First Class lounge, so they can take 2 pax through the First wing. Not sure about regular fast track facilities.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Gothenburg GOT airport. BA Business class passengers can use fast track. (Tested today)

can someone please update the info wiki thing?

thank you
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:49 am

If travelling HBO from T3, how should I get my partner through fast track as my +1? Do I need to go to the BA check in desk and ask for a print out?

Her boarding card on app doesn't say fast track... mine does.... both group 1 tho
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Sailbot3310
If travelling HBO from T3, how should I get my partner through fast track as my +1? Do I need to go to the BA check in desk and ask for a print out?

Her boarding card on app doesn't say fast track... mine does.... both group 1 tho
You should just be able to present them together to the person manning fast track.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: QF Gold
Should the Wiki differentiate between BA and other OneWorld status for Fast Track Security? For example at GVA on the weekend travelling in Y, I am QF Sapphire but confirmed with the agent I was not eligible for Fast Track Security (and entry was denied upon scanning). BA Sapphire are of course eligible and have "FAST TRACK" printed at the top of the BP now.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:55 am

OPO

My silver boarding pass for economy in Porto OPO wouldn’t work at fast track security. Tried talking to staff who didn’t seem interested. It’s not a green channel now it’s listed as fast track to the left of the main one.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
Was refused fastrack at T3 flight connections security. Was this correct? Am gold and was travelling WT+ from ABZ (where I got fastrack) to LHR T5 and then bus to T3 flight connections where I was told not eligible. Boarding pass for ABZ>LHR had fastrack security printed on it, whilst LHR>DEN didn’t but had TSA pre printed on it. Was told by agent that fastrack only available at T5. Never had this issue before in 20 plus trips.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Keystone
Was refused fastrack at T3 flight connections security. Was this correct? Am gold and was travelling WT+ from ABZ (where I got fastrack) to LHR T5 and then bus to T3 flight connections where I was told not eligible. Boarding pass for ABZ>LHR had fastrack security printed on it, whilst LHR>DEN didn’t but had TSA pre printed on it. Was told by agent that fastrack only available at T5. Never had this issue before in 20 plus trips.
Yes I agree, never had that issue issue either. Sounds like an agent making up their own rules!

BA Gold and OWE equivalents do get fast track at connections security in T3 - there is a large sign at the entrance to fast track which includes OWE so you get access regardless of cabin. Was your BA gold number in the booking and shown on the bp for your LHR-DEN flight?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes I agree, never had that issue issue either. Sounds like an agent making up their own rules!

BA Gold and OWE equivalents do get fast track at connections security in T3 - there is a large sign at the entrance to fast track which includes OWE so you get access regardless of cabin. Was your BA gold number in the booking and shown on the bp for your LHR-DEN flight?
Yes - bhp was a checkin agent issued one so stays clearly shown.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I can't see it listed in the wiki for arrivals, does anyone know if BA hand out fast track vouchers for arrivals in F at Tokyo Narita?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by nordic
Of course BA Gold gives fast track for AY flights as an OWE. BA does not pay for the service. The combo of CE flight and BA Gold somehow makes the trick (several times).
Actually it shouldn't give that. AY limits the Premium Security only to AY business class and its own AY+ Silver (OWR), Gold (OWS) and Platinum (OWE) members, no other OW FFPs. It's easy to check from the Finnair website.

I'm sceptical about the current wiki listing for HEL, but haven't changed it. Will have to see myself what the situation is before my next BA CE flight. As I also have AMEX Platinum, there won't be the awkward moment that I would have to turn back and have a walk of shame, being refused fast track access.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
I'm sceptical about the current wiki listing for HEL, but haven't changed it. Will have to see myself what the situation is before my next BA CE flight.
I've flown from HEL to LHR twice this year, both times on BA in CE, and on both occasions my boarding pass was accepted by the gates at fast-track security. I wasn't aware that it shouldn't work, and I would probably not have tried if I had been aware, but nevertheless it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.