Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by nordic
Officially BA has no fast track security at Helsinki. However, I have several times had the Amex platinum ready for access but the e-boarding pass with BA Gold and a BA CE ticket has always opened the automatic gates before swiping the AX card.
What is the relevance there of the Amex Platinum?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
What is the relevance there of the Amex Platinum?
amex platinum gives also access. I had the card ready because BA Gold should not give access when flying BA. I was prepared to scan the boarding card first and Then swipe the card. Of course BA Gold gives fast track for AY flights as an OWE. BA does not pay for the service. The combo of CE flight and BA Gold somehow makes the trick (several times).

Last edited by nordic; Aug 31, 2018 at 10:00 am
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
Just came through Zagreb airport, all new and shiny, air bridges in place and priority boarding. No fast track as far as I could see though.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Just checked in for a flight from LGW with 3 of us on same booking, made by me and flying in ET. All are OWE, me via BA and the other two via QF. Everyone’s FF status is appearing on their BPs, but only mine has Fast Track on it.

My understanding is that all should have fast track security access at LGW, based on status, is this correct? The others’ FF numbers were added after the initial booking was made, but well before check in date. Would this be a reason? I guess I can try to rectify at LGW check in, since one of us will check a bag anyway.

FWIW, Group 1 Boarding appeared for all on the BPs, so that part worked ok.

Last edited by Oaxaca; Sep 11, 2018 at 5:12 am
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:22 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Just checked in for a flight from LGW with 3 of us on same booking, made by me and flying in ET. All are OWE, me via BA and the other two via QF. Everyone’s FF status is appearing on their BPs, but only mine has Fast Track on it.

My understanding is that all should have fast track security access at LGW, based on status, is this correct? The others’ FF numbers were added after the initial booking was made, but well before check in date. Would this be a reason? I guess I can try to rectify at LGW check in, since one of us will check a bag anyway.

FWIW, Group 1 Boarding appeared for all on the BPs, so that part worked ok.
I have the same problem with using QF (Emerald) status on BA. The boarding pass shows Group 1, but doesn't show Fast Track. If I print a boarding pass it will show Emerald, but if I use a mobile boarding pass it doesn't.

At Heathrow it has never caused any problems for Fast Track (or lounges), but at some other airports it has. I've not tried using my QF status at Gatwick, so unfortunately I haven't any personal experience of there. When turned away from Fast Track at another airport I was told in the BA lounge that security should have recognised that Group 1 is eligible for Fast Track. As Gatwick has a lot of BA flights I would expect security staff there to know that, so would hope you wouldn't encounter any problems there.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ECR
I have the same problem with using QF (Emerald) status on BA. The boarding pass shows Group 1, but doesn't show Fast Track. If I print a boarding pass it will show Emerald, but if I use a mobile boarding pass it doesn't.

At Heathrow it has never caused any problems for Fast Track (or lounges), but at some other airports it has. I've not tried using my QF status at Gatwick, so unfortunately I haven't any personal experience of there. When turned away from Fast Track at another airport I was told in the BA lounge that security should have recognised that Group 1 is eligible for Fast Track. As Gatwick has a lot of BA flights I would expect security staff there to know that, so would hope you wouldn't encounter any problems there.
I used to get a "premium line" sticker when boarding pass failed to include "fast track" - e.g. flying Iberia Express as OWE.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, Eurobonus
Maybe I'm just terrible at reading the wiki, but hopefully it won't hurt too much if I ask: I'm flying from TLV next week in WTP and am now in possession of a Silver card (in the app at least, I've never received any physical card of any kind, be it Brown or Grey). Will I have access to security fast track? (The post-check-in one, that is?) (In my experience the existence of fast track and the enforcement of the rules are both highly variable, I might note for other readers.)

And, for what it's worth, Priority Boarding was aggressively enforced a few months ago when I last flew from TLV with BA.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Why do so many airports persist in calling Groups 1, 2 and 3 together? Really annoying as results in a needless huddle
It happens at LHR as well. My last T3 departure to LIS was a complete shambles- groups 1-3 called together, which completely defeated the object, as that accounted for around 75% of pax. This is exactly what happened with the previous system of boarding Gold, silver and bronze together, which is why I thought they introduced Group boarding in the first place. Why the hell is it so hard to get right? Can someone humour me?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Wondering if anyone can help with a question please. I'm hoping to guest my brother in at MAD fast track security. I'm BA gold, we're both on the same Iberia flight (economy) but on different bookings. Will that be ok? Just don't want to take him there and him have the ignominy of being sent packing! Thanks for any clarification.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Ajm1987
Wondering if anyone can help with a question please. I'm hoping to guest my brother in at MAD fast track security. I'm BA gold, we're both on the same Iberia flight (economy) but on different bookings. Will that be ok? Just don't want to take him there and him have the ignominy of being sent packing! Thanks for any clarification.
I was NOT allowed to fast track a non status ( elderly ) family member at MAD recently. It was about 7:30 am and not exactly busy. I am gold, we on the same booking.

I had to take them through slow track.

Speaking Spanish cut no ice either..I was less than chuffed.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I was NOT allowed to fast track a non status ( elderly ) family member at MAD recently. It was about 7:30 am and not exactly busy. I am gold, we on the same booking.

Thanks! Will just settle with slow track then, and the food and drink voucher . So much for showing my brother what travelling can be like...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur

It happens at LHR as well. My last T3 departure to LIS was a complete shambles- groups 1-3 called together, which completely defeated the object, as that accounted for around 75% of pax. This is exactly what happened with the previous system of boarding Gold, silver and bronze together, which is why I thought they introduced Group boarding in the first place. Why the hell is it so hard to get right? Can someone humour me?
Motivation and management: The ground agents have targets for on-time departure performance and none (or certainly softer ones) for enforcing priority boarding. The consequences of this are that anyone with half a brain makes sure the gate closes on time (=tick in the box, counts towards bonus etc.) and only thinks about Group Boarding as a nice-to-have. They are inadequately supervised and poorly led so the corporate policy does not get enforced. It's the sort of thing you'd hope a world-class operation would have a handle on, but...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ajm1987
From my experience - yes, you can. In order to do so you need to visit a check-in desk and get the printed boarding pass with "FAST TRACK" stamp. Otherwise they won't let you in through the fast track.

Originally Posted by sunshinebob

Security in MAD is very strict in requiring a "FAST TRACK" sign on your boarding pass - whenever traveling on IB flight as OWE I get no "fast track", so visit to the check-in desk is required to get the damn stamp.

It amuses me that modern airport like MAD can't get it done through automatic check of status/ticketing class. I was once sent back to the check in traveling in Iberia's business...
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
Inverness has a sign posted fast track security now, with a signpost on the entrance showing the normal BA eligibility criteria. It's also combined with special assistance access. It was open when passing through today and had dedicated use of the right hand security lane.
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:29 am

I’m confused what the arrangement is if I’m flying Cathay from LHR T3 as BA Silver. Am I ok to use fast track security or would I need to be BA Gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.