Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
To answer my own question-now that I actually flew the trip- Yes, Fast Track through the connections center (where your boarding pass is scanned) is available and we were the only ones using it. After going through that we did land up in a separate line at the security screening point with about only 7-8 other passengers ahead of us. But this line had a sign saying "Test Security". I asked an employee monitoring the line if it was fast track and he said "no- but this line will be very quick". While initially there were signs saying remove shoes, remove laptops and all liquids" the guy monitoring the line kept shouting out "Don't remove your shoes and don't remove anything from your bags". So we wizzed right through security. I guess they are testing new equipment where nothing has to be removed. Hope the test works out well as it sure saves time and effort.
Surprised theyre still doing this trial, it was being done in mid Feb too.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Noticed today they have removed the group 1 seating area signage at NCL. Groups 1,2. & 3 (all lined up at door to gate) were beeped through directly onto aircraft. GCH and SCHs need to line up early now to guarantee overhead stowage.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: AF, AV, BA, BD, IB, VS
Fast-track security has been withdrawn at Amsterdam airport for B.A. Silver/Oneworld Sapphire members.

Last edited by Webby64; Oct 16, 2022 at 6:26 am Reason: Needs to be more precise
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: *G | OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Arriving next week on BA (Club World) from DEN connecting to BA (Club Europe) to VIE. Both arrive and depart from T5. Is Fast Track security available for T5 to T5 connections?
a tad too late - but yes, LHR T5-T5 has fast track security.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by ettrich
Travelling 10th of Aug.22 VIE-LHR in CE, there is a newer central security for D-Gates (in former times security was at the gate) with priority line and automated scan of bc, worked fine with us.
ettrich
i'll test this tomorrow and reconfirm
if it fails, maybe i can grt licky by showing my A3*G (although flying BA) :-D
Old Nov 15, 2022, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by pjso
i'll test this tomorrow and reconfirm
if it fails, maybe i can grt licky by showing my A3*G (although flying BA) :-D
Confirmed Fast Track foyer at C/D gates in T1
Old Nov 19, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador/IHG Platinum
Fast track at Thessaloniki

Whole family of 3 in club Europe flying out of thessaloniki in October 2022 - our boarding passes gave no access to fast track security.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I am pretty sure the answer is still "no" but wanted to check. Is Fast Track security for transfers still closed? Traveling through LHR on December 7 (SEA-LHR-AMS) with an approximate 4 hour layover gate info will not be available. (To use Terminal B security.) Thanks!!
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Klrduks
I am pretty sure the answer is still "no" but wanted to check. Is Fast Track security for transfers still closed? Traveling through LHR on December 7 (SEA-LHR-AMS) with an approximate 4 hour layover gate info will not be available. (To use Terminal B security.) Thanks!!
Heathrow T5 connections fast-track security is open since July 2022.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
That's great news. Thanks!!
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think it's only sporadically open. I usually go through immigration and then through Firt Wing security, but a couple of times in the last few months I've been worried about making conformance and gone through connections security. The Fast Track part was not in use. I asked anyway to the guy managing traffic and both times they lied and said fast track is upstairs, even when I asked if they were really sure. And obviously when I got upstairs, there was no fast track.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Heathrow T5 connections fast-track security is open since July 2022.
The connections fast track indeed is open, but security is not - it may look like it, but once you go up the escalator, you merge with non-fast track customers (or those who connect to domestics).
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
BA does not use the word "Priority" on their boarding passes. Group 1 or Group 2 would mean priority. I have seen the wording "Fast Track" on boarding passes out of London ( especially mobile boarding passes ), but never out of an outstation.
I've just got a boarding pass for NCE-LHR tomorrow with "Fast Track" printed on it. It's a route I fly regularly and it's the first time I've come across it. I suspect I'll get to the gate and find that Computer says 'no'

Perhaps it's a festive gift to all passengers over the holidays
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Is fast track security available for a BA Silver guest travelling on the same flight at LHR T3?
Old Jan 2, 2023, 9:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes that should be fine.
mclachlan4321 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.