Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Cathay's policy would apply, but I believe OWS allows access there.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
Cathay's policy would apply, but I believe OWS allows access there.
I think Cathay follows oneworld rules which is emerald only for fast track. But I haven't tried it in T3 yet.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:51 am

Thanks for the info. I didn’t try in the end as I always feel awkward when I’m wrong. Why are things like Fast Track never that clear? This forum resource is so much better than BA’s own info.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
BUD update - 25/11/18

Fast Track - I hadn't pre-checked this thread so found out about BA not paying for fast track the hard way. The chap at the entry to fast track said yes, but the lady on the scanner said no. However, since the queue for normal security snaked the full length of the check-in area and halfway back, we decided that 1500HUF pp for fast track was money well spent - there is a ticket machine at the fast track line. Inevitably, the person ahead of us appeared to have never been through security before and ended up with about 5 trays of stuff, and had a bottle of water.

Boarding - The gate area was a bit of a melee as the departure boards only updated the departure delay after a lot of the pax (presumably those without the App) had started congregating at the gate, for an aircraft that still hadn't landed from the inbound flight. This was despite us being aware of the delay, from the app, before arriving at the airport. Eventual boarding was grouped into 1/2/3 and 4/5 but was strictly enforced with people being turned away if in the wrong group.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
GVA update; app boarding passes still don’t get you fast track access if you are status in Y. (Confirmed today, 26/11, GCH in Y to LHR.) This despite being labelled “FAST TRACK”. You’ll still need to go to the check in counter for a printed BP.

They do now work if you are in club. Even on BACF to LCY.

In brighter news, GVA seems to have sped up its passport processing. And the new computers-in scanners are only available in slow-track security.

ON
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Update for IST,

In addition to Club Europe passengers, fast track cards for OWE & OWS ( Exec Silv & Gold ) are given at the check-in counter upon request. Also for IST arrivals, it is possible to get a arrivals fast track immigration from the crew onboard after showing your OW card while leaving the aircraft ( mobile card worked ), but if there is more than 7-8 rows in Club Europe, the regular line could be quicker as only one employee serves FT passengers.

For the first time, this week boarding groups were respected while boarding by bus. Boarding started with groups 1&2&3 at the same time and the first bus left the terminal without having any group 4&5 passengers ( except those eligible for preboarding ). For this flight Club Europe was 9 rows and there were many OWS & OWE members onboard.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Really chaotic boarding at FCO today. No signs indicating where groups were meant to board from, SA was called first but some passengers thought that priority passengers were also being called, people in group 5 were queuing to board first, no calls were made through the speakerphone.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Interesting experience at T5 Fast Track North this morning. Security person insists I remove my laptop from its bag sleeve (in addition to being generally overly precious with everything). Is this an actual new rule, or (as I suspect), this person might have been pulled off the MAN security team?

Last edited by Mordac; Dec 27, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Mordac
Interesting experience at T5 Fast Track North this morning. Security person insists I remove my laptop from its bag (in addition to being generally overly precious with everything). Is this an actual new rule, or (as I suspect), this person might have been pulled off the MAN security team?
standard practice around the world from my experience.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
standard practice around the world from my experience.
Hold on, let me clarify. I was a bit unclear. I did not mean like a rucksack or a manbag. I meant a sleeve like this:

Will edit the post, sorry, tired after my 5am start today.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:09 pm

DUS is listed as "Fast track: Yes" but that isn't officially the case, even though it seems to be on the digital boarding passes now. If you try to use the fast track gates they'll show a red cross, obviously that doesn't stop you from just using a normal gate and then moving to the fast track lane. No one checks this since airberlin are gone though...
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:09 am
Suspended

Anyone got info on CGN?

As a BA Silver, I was denied priority security and boarding. (Priority security exists in CGN T2.) Was that correct?

I have myself to blame that I jumped on one of those EUR 12 fares CGN-LGW. The whole experience is horrible so far. No OLCI. The check-in at the terminal did open two hours prior to departure without a business/priority lane. I was also forced to check my trolley upon checkin (despite being one of the first to check-in).

Of course, my trolley and personal item conform to BA regulations. I feel they could have at least waited until I arrive at the gate before forcing me to check the bag.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ryanp
Anyone got info on CGN?As a BA Silver, I was denied priority security and boarding. (Priority security exists in CGN T2.) Was that correct?
I got priority security, but I did have to flash my non-shiny card to get it. I'm under the impression that it is not programmed into the boarding pass, but if travelling Club then you should get it. However it was a big mistake since it took much, much longer than normal security, with all the ode to joyless overtones of FRA. Hopefully you were not delayed too much. I doubt that I got Priority Boarding (I target being last to board) since it was a bus transfer. My HBO bag caused no problems at check-in, but as previously noted by me and other users, there is a strange cloak of invisibility that surrounds it.

For your information this is reply I got from the airport, a few hours after my complaint was submitted.

Originally Posted by CGN Airport Complaints Department

Dear Herr Doktor Corporate Wage-Slave

We are very sorry that you had reason to complain about our fast lane which obviously wasn’t a fast one at all. After investigating it seems that you are right. Therefore we would like to thank you for your comment - we will check our process regarding the distribution of the passengers.

We hope that next time the fast lane will actually be one.

Kind regards
(Agent name)
Köln Bonn Airport
Previously on the topic of CGN handling:
Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations

You didn't ask about the lounge, but here is my previous post on it:
BA Lounge Database | Europe
FlyerTalker78341 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:46 am

Update for OPO,

Was refused entry to fast track security as BAEC silver with mobile boarding pass. Perhaps I needed a paper pass?

Priority boarding all fine but it was a bus to the plane although our bus did leave well before it was full so maybe it was a priority bus?

PS had to show physical card to gain lounge access. The lady on the desk needed the BAEC number so not sure if the app would have sufficed?

​​​​​​
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
For Paris CDG, do I need to get an Acces No 1 voucher from the check-in desk or my mobile boarding pass with Group 2 would be fine. I would have no checked baggage so I am not planning to stop by the check-in desks. However, I've heard that Paris CDG immigration and security lines could be long at sometimes so I really appreciate your help.

By the way,
This morning, the Acces No 1 lane was closed in Terminal 2A arrivals so no immigration officer was in the Acces No 1 booth so I had used the regular lane.
and
Yesterday, in IAD due to the K9 dog baggage inspection, the priority lane at TSA document check was closed so all passengers were directed to the regular lane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.