Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
I as very impressed with fast track boarding at MAN gate 142 last month.

After passing through the gates across the corridor, the passengers in the boarding queues were facing towards me. The regular line was nearest the window and not yet boarding. The line for fast track was along side it and very short. With only a brief stop to scan my boarding card I walked straight onto the aircraft.

I have never seen FT boarding even attempted at MAN before, except at gate 141. (Or maybe it was the check out line for Boots!) There have been announcements for it at the other gates, but not before it was nigh on impossible to get through the scrum leading up to the gate.

If fast track boarding can be done so well at these MAN gates, it can be done anywhere!

Well done, BA!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
At DUS on Wednesday there was no fast track boarding. Last time I was there Fast Track was announced. A change in policy or a one-off?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:32 am

For priority security, ICN / Seoul can be updated to an emphatic No now that First is no longer operated on that route. There is nothing by way of priority for Club World (now the highest cabin operated on that route) and it is often an absolute zoo there - 30min + to get through, followed by a ride on the congested transit train from hell to reach the Asiana lounge which BA uses. Now need to arrive 3 hours before departure time to be safe.

Last edited by visit14; Apr 20, 2015 at 9:43 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Not sure about the ORY entry - I use multiple times a year and priority boarding has always been announced and enforced. Priority security is also available but I rarely need to use it at the time i travel.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
At DUS on Wednesday there was no fast track boarding. Last time I was there Fast Track was announced. A change in policy or a one-off?
Been through DUS a couple of times since your post and they had fast track boarding both times.

The problem with DUS is that virtually everyone seems to join the Fast track lane!
Old May 1, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
At Budapest yesterday, I tried to use Fast Track security but was told BA don't pay for it anymore, so went through normal track to find there was no normal track scanner open, so went to the Fast Track scanner where there were no people queuing.

Also, Fast Track boarding was non-existent as it was announced at the same time as general boarding and there seemed to be no policing of who joined which queue.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
At Budapest yesterday, I tried to use Fast Track security but was told BA don't pay for it anymore, so went through normal track to find there was no normal track scanner open, so went to the Fast Track scanner where there were no people queuing.

Also, Fast Track boarding was non-existent as it was announced at the same time as general boarding and there seemed to be no policing of who joined which queue.
Annoyingly, the fast track has not been available to BA status or Club passengers for quite a while.

Fast track boarding is plainly idiotic at Budapest. They board Club and status passengers at the same time as the back rows of the plane.

BA need to get a grip on being consistent - At BUD there is usually now a BA employee at the gate as well as the (useless) Celebi staff, so there should be no excuse.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SukiB
At BUD there is usually now a BA employee at the gate as well as the (useless) Celebi staff, so there should be no excuse.
I doubt they are actually BA staff at the gate, rather contract staff in BA uniform.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:32 pm

I'm flying from NCL on Tuesday (school holidays start this week up here). I've never felt the need to use fast track security before, but as our flight to Lhr is at the same time as the New York flight plus I expect a number of charters/LCC I was wondering about eligibility. We have a separate revenue flight connecting to avios CW/F BA flights. I have Marco Polo gold. It would be good to get through security as quickly as possible with the kids in tow!
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by trvllvr123
. We have a separate revenue flight connecting to avios CW/F BA flights. I have Marco Polo gold. It would be good to get through security as quickly as possible with the kids in tow!
Unless you are Business UK (ie an expensive flexible ticket), I can't see the NCL staff recognising the Cathay status or the unconnected flights. No issue with BA status there if someone in your group is Silver or above. You could pay using the machines right at the start of the security entrance area, but if you allowed an extra 15 minutes you probably wouldn't need all of it. Even when the queue in the main hall snakes around it does move quite quickly.

Fast Track is also available online for 3 a head from the airport's website.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: BA
'Fast' track at IST last week was truly awful. Provided by 'partner' TAV, they have only one person on the passport desk (and three people on the desk to count the fast track tickets - honestly, three people who count them again and again, shuffle and count again). Electronic visas seem to have slowed everything down. Took 1 hour 10mins of queuing before the first CE passenger went through. In the meantime thee entire ET cabin had passed through the normal gates!

TK's business class queue was much better serviced and was quick.

Exactly the same experience on the way back - one operative and four to count the cards - you would think I would have learned.

'Fast track' at IST is not a perk, it is punitive. My advice would be that if there is more than four people waiting in the TAV fast track line, bin it and just join the other punters.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Anyone used it in RAK?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Anyone used it in RAK?
I don't recall Fast Track there. Definitely not for arrival (reasonably slow), don't recall it for departures (reasonably fast), and boarding is by bus so irrelevant.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I've added a widget to the forum dashboard in case anyone needs to locate this fantastic resource thread in a hurry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.