Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by fripperies
... Well we're on holiday and I'm not going to sour the mood by arguing the toss with a grumpy lady but surely she was wrong. Wasn't she?
I use MAN regularly and have never had an issue with gaining access to Fast Track Security - even when using a Mobile BP. You and your wife were entitled to Fast Track based on your Gold Card (and again for travelling in CE). Send a complaint to BA, there are a very small number of security staff at MAN with a dreadful attitude (in fact I think I recognise the 'lady' in question here). If you complain CS will refer it back to MAN and staff can be reminded of the access rules for BA pax.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
The wiki currently says that that CPH does not offer priority boarding. I observed something different last week, but would be interested in the observations of others before I update the wiki.

Boarding was strictly segregated. The first call was for those needing assistance. The next for CE passengers, with the added "this means people sitting in rows 1-x only" (I can't recall the value of x on this flight.) Then rows 30-33, then 25 onwards, then 20 onwards, then finally general boarding. It was all being enforced as far as I could see. I was in row 11 so had the opportunity to observe it all. There was no priority boarding for Gold/silver etc cardholders.

The outbound flight from LHR used a similar process, although in this case Gold/Emeralds were invited to board along with CE passengers. So, there were two queues but they dealt with one completely before starting the second. The messages on the overhead screens backed this up. I don't think I've ever seen this process used at LHR before for shorthaul.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by paulwuk
If you'd gone to check in they should have given you fastlane stickers.
We had checked in and there were no ft stickers on our BPs though I only noticed that after the incident with the implacable maiden. Do you know if they are still using the green stickers or was it an oversight at the desk?

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Send a complaint to BA, there are a very small number of security staff at MAN with a dreadful attitude (in fact I think I recognise the 'lady' in question here). If you complain CS will refer it back to MAN and staff can be reminded of the access rules for BA pax.
Will do. No big deal, certainly didn't let it spoil my day but it'd be handy to know for the future. (The implacable maiden seemed to be saying the rules had changed and my info was out of date).
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by fripperies
... Will do. No big deal, certainly didn't let it spoil my day but it'd be handy to know for the future. (The implacable maiden seemed to be saying the rules had changed and my info was out of date).
There are no changes to policy for BA at MAN T3. Stickers are not necessary, the staff normally know Silver/Gold are permitted access. I only occasionally have a sticker even if I have a paper BP.

A report to BA at least lets them know there are still problems with the ground experience at MAN.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cziwkga
The wiki currently says that that CPH does not offer priority boarding. I observed something different last week, but would be interested in the observations of others before I update the wiki.

Boarding was strictly segregated. The first call was for those needing assistance. The next for CE passengers, with the added "this means people sitting in rows 1-x only" (I can't recall the value of x on this flight.) Then rows 30-33, then 25 onwards, then 20 onwards, then finally general boarding. It was all being enforced as far as I could see. I was in row 11 so had the opportunity to observe it all. There was no priority boarding for Gold/silver etc cardholders.

The outbound flight from LHR used a similar process, although in this case Gold/Emeralds were invited to board along with CE passengers. So, there were two queues but they dealt with one completely before starting the second. The messages on the overhead screens backed this up. I don't think I've ever seen this process used at LHR before for shorthaul.
I would find this totally unacceptable.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: ABBA
I've been on Cairo flights (ex lhr, before the downgrade) where they don't announce priority for shiny cards until prompted. Some gate agents just assume silvers and golds know when they can board.

If Yu invitee "silver card holders", some people with star-silver bag tags will try their luck.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:18 pm

Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:43 am

Fastrack at Dublin for BA silver

My (mobile) boarding pass doesn't say "Fastrack" should I still have access to FT security at Dublin for a BA flight?

LR
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by cziwkga

CPH offers all sorts of boarding options, most of them shambolic. They often call CE, Golds, Silvers, Bronze, etc first, but they very rarely check BPs so in general it is a mad scrum to board. Sometimes they make everyone queue up before BPs are scanned and board as per your queue position, so first-come, first-served. What they never do is stop people from bringing on too much hand luggage or over-sized bags.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by londonred
My (mobile) boarding pass doesn't say "Fastrack" should I still have access to FT security at Dublin for a BA flight?

LR
Welcome to Flyertalk londonred, welcome to the BA board, and it's good to see you here. We hope to be a welcoming space for new people to join us, and with that in mind, I do hope you can continue to participate actively in this forum. Welcome on board.

If you have status or are travelling CE, yes you can use Dublin Fast Track. The mobile and Online boarding passes only show "Fast Track" for Heathrow and Gatwick airports, though there is provision in many places elsewhere. Which partially explains the thread / wiki, since in some places it is not clear, hence this particular thread is useful in identifying the options.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent

Just wow. The lack of fast track at OSL still amazes me. DO NOT fly BA from OSL on a Friday or if you do get there 2hrs early. Queues snaking into the terminal. SAS is straight through queue of 5 with fast track. I switched.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:56 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:36 am
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by angatol
The wiki says SEA gets priority security, but I was refused today saying that BA doesn't participate. Usually I fly SEA-JFK-LHR rather than direct and get priority due to cabin and/or status for the AA flight to JFK.
I had priority security last December 1st from seatle, when traveling In first. Allowed skipping of the enourmous post thanksgiving line.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FrancisA
CTA, FCO, GOA, NAP, PSA, TRN, VCE, VRN - no fast track offered for anyone.

TRN definitely has dedicated fast track security and fast track at the gate.

LIN is problematic, as fast track at the gate means getting on the bus first - for the privilege of waiting in the stilling heat in the summer or the freezing cold in the winter - and then boarding the aircraft along with everyone else!
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Up In The Air
TRN definitely has dedicated fast track security and fast track at the gate.
It's relatively new, the security Fast Track at TRN is about 18 months old. The Wiki represents the current state of play.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.