BA T5 Arrivals Lounge

Old May 18, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks MPH1980
Old May 18, 2015, 8:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MPH1980
After. You go through customs, come out - head slightly left (assuming an international arrival) and up in the lifts to the first floor.
Oh, it is floor 1 rather than 2? Sorry if I got it wrong - could have sworn it was marked as floor 2 in the lift.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Oh, it is floor 1 rather than 2? Sorry if I got it wrong - could have sworn it was marked as floor 2 in the lift.
:-) You had me go look it up as I wasn't certain when I saw your post - but ...

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...rivals-lounges

First floor apparently.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:59 am

:-) You had me go look it up as I wasn't certain when I saw your post - but ...

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...rivals-lounges

First floor apparently.
I am there on Thursday evening and I am going to check now. If don't post again after my check you can assume that I am wrong by my silence
Old May 18, 2015, 9:06 am

I am there on Thursday evening and I am going to check now. If don't post again after my check you can assume that I am wrong by my silence
Trying to get into the arrivals lounge after 2pm might prove a fruitless task.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:11 am

Trying to get into the arrivals lounge after 2pm might prove a fruitless task.
Don't worry, I am just checking what is on the label in the lift before heading to my hotel
Old May 18, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Fortunately, on my BA26 from HKG is one of the first LHR flights of the day. And with a UK passport, immigration should be a doddle. It is just baggage handling from T5C that'll prove slow.

Either way, best chance of getting a shower, full English, and a Elemis Spa in a full sitting.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
First floor apparently.
Allow me:

And, perhaps more usefully, this is the sign you need to look for when getting into the landside arrivals after baggage reclaim and Customs:

Old May 18, 2015, 11:43 am

BA T5 Arrivals Lounge

Thanks cws. I suspect I thought it was 2 since whenever I am in the lift there are usually a few ba staff so we normally on stop at 2 before going to 4. You have saved me from my excursion on Thursday to have a look.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:48 am

Easiest way to find the Arrivals lounge is to exit formalities and then look for the bright orange section of the building superstructure in the arrivals area. Head for that and take the lifts therein.

You can just about see the orange posts to the right and centre in the photo above.
Old May 18, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Allow me:

And, perhaps more usefully, this is the sign you need to look for when getting into the landside arrivals after baggage reclaim and Customs:

Thanks cws. I suspect I thought it was 2 since whenever I am in the lift there are usually a few ba staff so we normally on stop at 2 before going to 4. You have saved me from my excursion on Thursday to have a look.
For us "Americans", the ground floor is 1, and the 2nd floor is what in the UK is considered the "1st" floor.. So we can all be right!
Old May 18, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
For us "Americans", the ground floor is 1, and the 2nd floor is what in the UK is considered the "1st" floor.. So we can all be right!
Thanks for trying to make me feel better. Unfortunately I am not an American so can't try that as an excuse for my error
Old May 19, 2015, 2:00 pm

Post Is it worth visiting?

I am flying from SEA-LHR in July and land around 07:30 I believe, in F on a reward booking.

Am I allowed into the hallowed arrivals lounge?

And if so is it worth the time to visit?
Old May 19, 2015, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Rubyruby1
I am flying from SEA-LHR in July and land around 07:30 I believe, in F on a reward booking.

Yes, and you can have breakfast in the Concorde Club breakfast room.

Whether it is worth your time to visit is up to you. Are you heading into London or are you connecting to another flight? Would you like a shower and breakfast (you can get this at another lounge if you are connecting)?
Old May 19, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Rubyruby1

F & J arrivals into T5 who go land side have access when the lounge is open. It does a good breakfast, has showers, and a spa. I believe that in F you can book the spa, otherwise it tends to be a long wait. It's also quieter than the departure lounges but you could only reach them if connecting anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.