Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HND-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Meh
Thanks all that replied very helpful. The magic of FT.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:16 pm

All night, all you can drink Karaoke, then stumble to the airport.
Good times.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:46 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by stevie
I normally get the NRT-LHR flight but the price has spiked the day I travel. Looking at the HND flight and the Indian-esque departure time of 6.30am. Has anybody got this flight in CW? What meals are served? What time does one have to leave for the airport - I will be staying in Shinjuku and plan to get the bus.
I did this flight roughly a year ago. I stayed the night at Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyo (this is in Terminal 2). Arrived pretty late and had sushi + plus a few beers in the terminal. Then early shuttle to the International Terminal, some breakfast at the Sakura Lounge, then even more breakfast immediately after take-off, followed by three more hours of sleep. Worked for me.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:58 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
What is the usual delay for this flight? I got around 5hrs connecting time in LHR on a 2nd ticket departing at T1 and I hope it's enough.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:52 pm
sbw

I will be arriving at HND then leaving from NRT and hotel in Shinjuku. planning to take limo bus (1 hr) from HND then taxi from hotel to NRT as Limo bus would take 2hrs. any suggestion of taxi firms?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Silver, Accor Silver, FB Ivory, Miles&More
A taxi from Tokyo to Narita will cost you between 25000 & 30000 JPY (around 150 to 180 GBP). I would strongly recommend the train: the "normal" commuter train costs 1300 JPY, and the Narita Express IIRC 2850 JPY. I've spent a week/month in Japan in the last 12 months, and honestly find the normal commuter train very convenient. The hardest part is finding the schedules. For this, and all other JP train schedules, the best I have found for myself is the website hyperdia.com.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by sbw
I will be arriving at HND then leaving from NRT and hotel in Shinjuku. planning to take limo bus (1 hr) from HND then taxi from hotel to NRT as Limo bus would take 2hrs. any suggestion of taxi firms?
From Shinjuku just take N'Ex (Narita Express) gets you there in an hour for sub-3000Y. Taxi can take longer, depending on traffic.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by frdv
A taxi from Tokyo to Narita will cost you between 25000 & 30000 JPY (around 150 to 180 GBP). I would strongly recommend the train: the "normal" commuter train costs 1300 JPY, and the Narita Express IIRC 2850 JPY. I've spent a week/month in Japan in the last 12 months, and honestly find the normal commuter train very convenient. The hardest part is finding the schedules. For this, and all other JP train schedules, the best I have found for myself is the website hyperdia.com.
If traveling by train anywhere in Japan this site is invaluable
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/
Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by enjoyingit
If traveling by train anywhere in Japan this site is invaluable
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/
Also have a look at http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

This gives you a few more options and you can set it so it only shows trains you can use with the JR Pass. It does take a little bit of getting used to though. Video of how to use it here:
http://www.japan-rail-pass.com/japan-by-rail/hyperdia

(Yes, I do work for them but it is not a sales promo, just info!)Ed
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yellow_peril
Also have a look at http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

This gives you a few more options and you can set it so it only shows trains you can use with the JR Pass. It does take a little bit of getting used to though. Video of how to use it here:
http://www.japan-rail-pass.com/japan-by-rail/hyperdia

(Yes, I do work for them but it is not a sales promo, just info!)Ed
I second that - Hyperdia is invaluable for planning train travel around Japan - incredibly useful resource (And I definitely don't work for them :-)
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
I second that - Hyperdia is invaluable for planning train travel around Japan - incredibly useful resource (And I definitely don't work for them :-)
how long has this site been around? its fantastic
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not sure exactly but I've been using it for a few years. When planning trips where there are very many different routes (e.g. HND-NRT) it can be a little erratic. It does lack information on some of the long-distance coaches out of NRT, however in general it's an excellent resource.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Late nineties I think, very useful tool but really annoyed they have started to charge for the apps...
I have to use it all day everyday dealing with people travelling around Japan and it takes some getting used to but, once you know how to make it purr, it does just what you need!
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:25 pm
sbw

thx for the advice! I don't think that I could carry all the suitcases and with a pregnant wife on a train. I found a taxi firm for 18,000 plus toll. reasonable?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by sbw
thx for the advice! I don't think that I could carry all the suitcases and with a pregnant wife on a train. I found a taxi firm for 18,000 plus toll. reasonable?
yes thats a very good price, tolls should be around 2700

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.