Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HND-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:28 am

Although somewhat unrelated to the OP's question it is worth mentioning that from March 31st the ba008 departure from HND will move from 0635 to 0850, this will likely make things easier when looking from transport from central Tokyo.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
What is the usual delay for this flight? I got around 5hrs connecting time in LHR on a 2nd ticket departing at T1 and I hope it's enough.
Appears to be mostly on time or slightly early, see flightaware.

In any case 5 hours should make for an extremely comfortable connection, if a rather long journey...
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Leibniz
Although somewhat unrelated to the OP's question it is worth mentioning that from March 31st the ba008 departure from HND will move from 0635 to 0850, this will likely make things easier when looking from transport from central Tokyo.
That's good news. The 0635 departure is painfully early.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Leibniz
phew - was just checking this thread for this exact transport problem, and now notice my April HND-LHR has indeed had a time change to a 08:50 departure. Much happier with that.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Is some of this just because UK changes it clocks to BST while Japan stays on the same time all year? It will probably revert to 7.50am in October.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver, Miles & Bonus Gold, BD Diamond Blue
onboard service comparison for Haneda and Narita flights in F

Would like to pick the brains of the flyers on these routes.

We are booked on LHR-HND and NRT-LHR in F

How would you compare the on board service, bearing in mind that the HND crew are MF and NRT are legacy?
Also are there a big difference with the IFE between 300ERs and the older 200s?

Been scanning some TRs, BA doesnt seem to offer specific japanese meals on these sectors which is a same. Do they ever stock sake/ plum wines?

Many thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Is some of this just because UK changes it clocks to BST while Japan stays on the same time all year? It will probably revert to 7.50am in October.
It depends...
Currently the long haul international flights from HND can only arrive/depart overnight. Between 2200 and 0700 I believe. These restrictions (allowing day time long hauls) are due to be lessened when the international terminal extension opens, which is due the end of March.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Usually there is a Japanese style option of food in all the cabins on these routes.

I am afraid I don't know if the service is better or worse on either route but all crew work to exactly the same service standards, so it should be the same on either route.

Why don't you come back after the trip and let us know what the flights were like and if you enjoyed the food.

I know LTNPhobia flies this route a lot, she may be able to help when she reads this post.

Originally Posted by vieri_c
Would like to pick the brains of the flyers on these routes.

We are booked on LHR-HND and NRT-LHR in F

How would you compare the on board service, bearing in mind that the HND crew are MF and NRT are legacy?
Also are there a big difference with the IFE between 300ERs and the older 200s?

Been scanning some TRs, BA doesnt seem to offer specific japanese meals on these sectors which is a same. Do they ever stock sake/ plum wines?

Many thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver, Miles & Bonus Gold, BD Diamond Blue
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Usually there is a Japanese style option of food in all the cabins on these routes.

I am afraid I don't know if the service is better or worse on either route but all crew work to exactly the same service standards, so it should be the same on either route.

Why don't you come back after the trip and let us know what the flights were like and if you enjoyed the food.

I know LTNPhobia flies this route a lot, she may be able to help when she reads this post.
Thanks! Will try and do a trip report, have been threatening to write 1 for years haha
Looking forward to going back to japan, we went with TG and lost our F virginity with them a few years back, unfortunately lost all our holiday pics when our house got broken into, so we are looking to re trace our last trip and get those holiday snaps again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.