Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight Safety Briefing - Who Pays Attention?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Safety Briefing - Who Pays Attention?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
The main problem with the safety video is that it starts with the most obvious, well-known thing: the belt. They might as well have it start with bears' woodland bathroom behaviour.

If it started with "this is an A321, this is what's different", then people would pay more attention.

Better still, make it a customised, interactive thing on the seatback screen. "Hi Mr B. You're in Seat 23K, these are your nearest exits. Please press Next to confirm you've seen the cabin map"
Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
For me its just a case of common courtesy.

You have the cabin crew in front of you highlighting procedures aimed at your safety.
I don't care if you have seen it all before, or even more than once in the same day!

Are people really that busy they can't take 3 minutes to pay attention?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
A Eurofleet CSD on an Istanbul flight a couple of years ago now in addition to asking people to watch the video said "as safety is a shared responsibility, if at any point during the flight you notice anything unusual or you're not comfortable with, however small, please speak to a member of crew as we are primarily here for your and everybody else's safety".

I thought that was excellent - it reminds people to speak up if they are unsure about something and creates a safety culture where everybody is communicating. I've occasionally seen things and hesitated to say anything in case I just get laughed at but would have felt very happy to mention things to him, based on that announcement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.