Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Full Score
    My wife and I live half the year in the UK and the rest in the US (homes and bank accounts in each country).
    I am registered in the BA UK Exec programme and am the primary holder of a UK AMEX PP. I would like my wife to apply for a UK AMEX PP based on her UK ties, but it would be more practical for her to retain her US registration as a BA US Exec.
    AMEX can't tell us if the Avios she would earn will automatically post to her US BA account, given that the card will be tied to her UK address, and the BA account to her US one.
    Does anyone know if the two addresses need to be identical, please?
    There's no point in having the card issued with the high fee, only to find that the Avios won't post.
    No they won’t post to a US account your wife would need a UK postcode linked to the BA exec club account.
    Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:53 am

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...p-bonus-rules/

Game changer for many. AMEX ends multi-sign up bonuses with immediate effect.
    Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:02 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
    Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
    https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...p-bonus-rules/

Game changer for many. AMEX ends multi-sign up bonuses with immediate effect.
    Hallelujah!
    Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
    Originally Posted by Globaliser
    Hallelujah!
    Why? Is it just about the suspicion the people doing this reduce redemption opportunity?
    Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
    Game over for many people who churn cards regularly to use their 2-4-1 vouchers. Unless you're earning plenty of Avios from flights or other sources, trying to build up a pot large enough for J or F redemptions frequently will become really difficult.
    Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
    Originally Posted by Crofton138
    Game over for many people who churn cards regularly to use their 2-4-1 vouchers. Unless you're earning plenty of Avios from flights or other sources, trying to build up a pot large enough for J or F redemptions frequently will become really difficult.
    The only people benefitting from the F/J now will be those that fly regularly at their employer's expense. For the average person on the street, the Tesco travellers, it will put such travel out of their reach. Soon about to have my J/F trip to HKG courtesy of the 241 and sign-up bonuses. Getting another 241 wont be a problem, getting the amount of avios required will! When I let my friends know how we got to Australia in business/first class then I might be inundated with requests for Amex referrals but I wont hold my breath!
    Ancient Observer likes this.
    Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
    As a Lemonia Life Time Gold, but a BA Blue, I suspect that FEMW is spot on.

Different tricks with different cards are required - perhaps a Marketing opportunity for Visa/Mastercard?
    Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
    Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
    As a Lemonia Life Time Gold, but a BA Blue, I suspect that FEMW is spot on.

Different tricks with different cards are required - perhaps a Marketing opportunity for Visa/Mastercard?
    I'm curious as to what Lemonia is!
    Ancient Observer likes this.
    Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
    Er, rather off the thread topic, for which I hope I might be forgiven.
    AA Gill described Lemonia as the best Greek restaurant in the UK. His mum told him that he had to write that. And The Times published it. And it is true.
    Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
    Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
    Er, rather off the thread topic, for which I hope I might be forgiven.
    AA Gill described Lemonia as the best Greek restaurant in the UK. His mum told him that he had to write that. And The Times published it. And it is true.
    Well OPSO is better but yes, lemonia is the best old school greek
    Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
    Sorry if this has been covered (I am sure it has, I just can't find it!).
    I have the blue card, and am 10 days away from the end of the collection year - I am well over the £10k of spend. If I upgrade to the black premium plus card, I know that the existing spend will trigger the 2-4-1 voucher, but how long does it take to trigger the voucher after you upgrade the card? Given that they will take the fee pretty quickly, I don't fancy paying and then missing it by a day - particularly with there being several public holidays am concerned it might take longer than normal.
    Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
    Originally Posted by jamespi
    Sorry if this has been covered (I am sure it has, I just can't find it!).
    I have the blue card, and am 10 days away from the end of the collection year - I am well over the £10k of spend. If I upgrade to the black premium plus card, I know that the existing spend will trigger the 2-4-1 voucher, but how long does it take to trigger the voucher after you upgrade the card? Given that they will take the fee pretty quickly, I don't fancy paying and then missing it by a day - particularly with there being several public holidays am concerned it might take longer than normal.
    It took a couple of days when I did it.

The fee is refundable pro-rata, so the risk is only that you'd lose a tenner or so (you can downgrade to blue again afterwards).

I'd go for it now - I reckon you'll be fine.
    Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:50 am

Refund on blue card can I use to part pay black?

Due to BA flight issues and having to cancel Air Mauritius flights originally booked on the blue card I now have a credit.

Can I use that to reduce balance on black card?
    Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
    Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
    Due to BA flight issues and having to cancel Air Mauritius flights originally booked on the blue card I now have a credit.

Sure, can be done via chat or over the phone.
    Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
    Originally Posted by Jerseylily2

I'm surprised you have both - I thought the black card replaced the blue one, but on the same card account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.