Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by rum

Hmm that’s interesting. Where in the store do Superdrug have these gift cards? Is it by the tills? If so I need to go back and have a more thorough look around as this could work well!
    They were in a seperate display down an aisle far into the store in my local store, keep hunting.
    Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:26 am
    rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
    Originally Posted by Tilly71
    Bought £50 of GC's today, added another item In to make £51.95 & received amex confirmation £10 off email in mins.
    Morrison's 6% works on GC's & WH Smith £5 off £15.
    I never thought about doing that for Morrisons. Can't remember which decade I last set foot in their store. Would be good though as I plan on plenty of purchases from Amazon in the next few weeks.
    Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
    Originally Posted by GentleGiant
    They can't tell what you purchased. No issues.
    both Smiths and Superdrug tracked and notified within seconds. Is there any chance they will check later and stop the cashback?
    Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
    Just to confirm do addiitional card holders on the same account count as separate cards?
    Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:15 am
    rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
    Originally Posted by robiles
    both Smiths and Superdrug tracked and notified within seconds. Is there any chance they will check later and stop the cashback?
    Same here. Hoping there's no funny business so fingers crossed.
    Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:32 am

Amex can not tell what you bought from the shop so it will be fine
    Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
    I have an insurance question that I can't find answered in this thread, although apologies if it is.

Does the travel insurance on the BA Amex Premium Plus cover my family? Specifically looking at the £200 travel delay, is that £200 per person for a spouse and two dependents, ie: £800 to rearrange flights on the day if a flight is so delayed we need to book another to make a later connection?
    Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
    Some hopefully useful information for those living in west central Scotland.

I’ve always found that car dealerships universally don’t take Amex. This has been using a variety of places to either purchase a car (sadly not every often) or for servicing and repairs.

I’ve discovered recently that Parks of Hamilton accept Amex, and I would assume the rest of Parks Motor Group locations will also accept it. A good number of Avios to be had if you’ve got the credit limit and personal finances to put the purchase of a car on your credit card. Also a decent number of Avios to be earned if using them for servicing/repairs or even the deposit for a new car.

I completely appreciate there are far more factors than what card types are accepted that most of us will take into consideration when deciding where to buy a new or take a car to for servicing or repairs but I thight there maybe some posters who’d find this info useful.
    GGla and Bophopper like this.
    Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
    Used BA Amex at 2 Arnold Clark dealerships in Central Scotland this summer not known them to accept Amex before, earned a fair amount of Avios.
    argonath likes this.
    Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
    Used BA Amex at 2 Arnold Clark dealerships in Central Scotland this summer not known them to accept Amex before, earned a fair amount of Avios.
    Yep just paid for my servicing using my Amex as well, was surprised as had'nt accepted before as poster stated.
    Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
    Campervan hire Australia

Hi

Wondering if any of FT can help. We are heading for a big trip to Queensland, Australia in May 2019. Arriving into Cairns and planning to hire a campervan to drive to Brisbane. My research tells me the deposit is around $7500 AUD which is taken out of the account and reclaimed later. We’ve had the BAPP to get the 241 and cancelled it. My question is - if we take out another BAPP and use it to pay this deposit - will it count towards the £10k spend - even if it is refunded into the account a few weeks later?

Some of the Aussie campervan hire websites mention a non-refundable fee of 2.6% but given the ‘value’ of a 241 voucher, it may be a small price to pay.

Thanks
    Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:52 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
    My BAPP card year finishes on 6 Feb 2019.

I have to pay BA Holidays a balance of about £3,500 by 6 Feb 2019. It would be useful to start my 2019/20 year with this payment.

My question; if I pay on 6 Feb 2019, will this be enough to kick off 2019/20 with a smile? Many thanks for your insight.
    Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
    Originally Posted by Roger
    My BAPP card year finishes on 6 Feb 2019.

I have to pay BA Holidays a balance of about £3,500 by 6 Feb 2019. It would be useful to start my 2019/20 year with this payment.

My question; if I pay on 6 Feb 2019, will this be enough to kick off 2019/20 with a smile? Many thanks for your insight.
    You should be fine as it will take a couple of days to reach the account. I had a similar situation last year.
    Roger likes this.
    Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
    Originally Posted by FEMW
    Hi

Wondering if any of FT can help. We are heading for a big trip to Queensland, Australia in May 2019. Arriving into Cairns and planning to hire a campervan to drive to Brisbane. My research tells me the deposit is around $7500 AUD which is taken out of the account and reclaimed later. We’ve had the BAPP to get the 241 and cancelled it. My question is - if we take out another BAPP and use it to pay this deposit - will it count towards the £10k spend - even if it is refunded into the account a few weeks later?

Some of the Aussie campervan hire websites mention a non-refundable fee of 2.6% but given the ‘value’ of a 241 voucher, it may be a small price to pay.

Thanks
    Unless the rental agency marks it as a payment and not a hold / deposit it will not give you any benefits.
    Seeing as most agencies even have their own MCC then AMEX can correctly map it to a deposit / hold.
    Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:21 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
    Thanks, mike&co. I'm reassured by your experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.