Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 1:25 am
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
    Originally Posted by HHarry
    Thanks GG,

I normally do do it all online, but I've just ended up being paid in cash, and rather than pay it in to my Business account and getting charged 1% for the pleasure, I thought I'd just settle my bill. Just short of a giro slip!
    Ah ok.

I know that you always used to be able to do it manually in a bank.

Just need the sort code, bank account number and reference (your card number)

Worth giving it a try
    Old May 10, 2017, 1:28 am
    Hilton Contributor Badge

http://americanexpress-uk.custhelp.c.../detail/a_id/8

Says not available to paperless customers.

However I would perhaps try manually doing £10 in the bank.

The sort code is also on this page.
    Old May 10, 2017, 1:37 am

Thanks GG,

I normally do do it all online, but I've just ended up being paid in cash, and rather than pay it in to my Business account and getting charged 1% for the pleasure, I thought I'd just settle my bill. Just short of a giro slip!
    If you give me your address, I can send you one of my giro slips and you can pay in using that.
    Old May 10, 2017, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
    Ah ok.

I know that you always used to be able to do it manually in a bank.

Just need the sort code, bank account number and reference (your card number)

Worth giving it a try
    I messaged Amex about this asking for their bank details, they replied giving me them and saying I could pay directly into the bank.

I was given the run-around by three different banks, and none said it was possible (a special type of sort code, I think?).

I messaged Amex about this and got an apology and 5k MR points for the inconvenience.

So, an easy 5k. But your issue is still there.
    Old May 10, 2017, 3:42 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
    Am I right in thinking that by going paperless I've lost the opportunity to settle my bill over the counter at the bank - with cash or cheque?

I've printed the PDF of the statement but there's no giro slip included.

Thanks, HH.
    I wasn't able to pay into Amex with their sort code and acc number for some reason. Had to switch back to manual statements as sometimes its easier to just put the cash straight in rather then route it through a business account.
    Old May 10, 2017, 3:52 am
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by onlysuites
    I wasn't able to pay into Amex with their sort code and acc number for some reason. Had to switch back to manual statements as sometimes its easier to just put the cash straight in rather then route it through a business account.
    Odd - I'm using

30-00-00, Account number: 00200476

for my BAPP from my bank (halifax)
    Old May 16, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
    Sorry if this is already answered somewhere in the thread (a search of cumulative revealed nothing), but on the Offers promos - spend £X at Y and receive a credit of £Z - can anyone state definitively whether the spend has to be all in one go, or can it be cumulative throughout the offer period ? If cumulative, is this the case with all the offers ?
    Old May 16, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
    I have paid in at a lloyds bank before using their account number, sort code and my card number as the reference. They didn't charge a fee for this.
    Old May 16, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
    Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
    Sorry if this is already answered somewhere in the thread (a search of cumulative revealed nothing), but on the Offers promos - spend £X at Y and receive a credit of £Z - can anyone state definitively whether the spend has to be all in one go, or can it be cumulative throughout the offer period ? If cumulative, is this the case with all the offers ?
    The British Airways offer works fine with cumulative spend, not sure about other offers. Some are definitely valid in one go only.
    Old May 16, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
    Revolut

Has anyone managed to link a BA Amex card to the U.K. Bank account details of the Revolut service?
    Old May 26, 2017, 3:44 am
    rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
    BA 241 plus Lloyds voucher for family of 4

All,

Finally got my 241 and my Lloyds Avios upgrade voucher.
    Intending to use them qhilst travelling as a four incl two adults, one infant and one child.

Obviously the two adults will be on the 241 ticket, plus infant. Am I able to book the child as part of the upgrade voucher?

Reason I ask is that the ticket won't be in the voucher holder's name and the person travelling will be under 18. Will they allow the child on that ticket? It will be a bit of a saving in avios this way and the flights are the same for both vouchers and all passengers.

Also, I'm guessing the Lloyds voucher/child will have to pay to sit with us, as we get free seat selection with the infant.

Hope I'm not over-complicating things, so appreciate any help.
    Old May 30, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
    Question AMEX travel inconvenience cover

Just off the phone with Amex and they say they will not pay out for claims related to the IT meltdown this weekend because BA have offered to compensate passengers directly.

Does anyone know if the same payout levels apply from BA directly please?

£750 after 6 hours and an additional £1000 after 48 hours
    Old May 30, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
    Originally Posted by rum
    All,

Finally got my 241 and my Lloyds Avios upgrade voucher.
    Intending to use them qhilst travelling as a four incl two adults, one infant and one child.

Obviously the two adults will be on the 241 ticket, plus infant. Am I able to book the child as part of the upgrade voucher?

Reason I ask is that the ticket won't be in the voucher holder's name and the person travelling will be under 18. Will they allow the child on that ticket? It will be a bit of a saving in avios this way and the flights are the same for both vouchers and all passengers.

Also, I'm guessing the Lloyds voucher/child will have to pay to sit with us, as we get free seat selection with the infant.

Hope I'm not over-complicating things, so appreciate any help.
    Are both vouchers in your name: the problem would then be that you have to be on both bookings. The ideal scenario is to have 241 in our name (used for you and the child) and a Lloyds voucher/booking for your partner.

You may be able to get around this by forming an avios.com household account with your partner: they may then be able to use your Lloyds voucher, attached to the household account, for themselves.
    Old May 30, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
    Originally Posted by ukflo
    Just off the phone with Amex and they say they will not pay out for claims related to the IT meltdown this weekend because BA have offered to compensate passengers directly.

Does anyone know if the same payout levels apply from BA directly please?

£750 after 6 hours and an additional £1000 after 48 hours
    Those amounts are for baggage delay, not for delayed/cancelled flights. You can only claim £200pp from Amex if you have actual travel/accommodation/refreshment costs which you have incurred, i.e. if BA have not provided for your needs.

If BA provided these things (which they should have) then it doesn't matter what BA spent on them. If they refused and you spent your own money I would think you must try and claim from BA. If BA refuse then you probably have a claim to make to Amex.
    Old May 30, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
    Originally Posted by pauldb
    Those amounts are for baggage delay, not for delayed/cancelled flights. You can only claim £200pp from Amex if you have actual travel/accommodation/refreshment costs which you have incurred, i.e. if BA have not provided for your needs.

If BA provided these things (which they should have) then it doesn't matter what BA spent on them. If they refused and you spent your own money I would think you must try and claim from BA. If BA refuse then you probably have a claim to make to Amex.
    Thanks for your reply. My question is about baggage delay. We arrived at our destination a day late but are still without our luggage now two days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.