Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend Ł3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend Ł1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of Ł1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of Ł3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the Ł10,000 (or Ł20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under Ł1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: Ł2,500
    • Refund protection: Ł300 (Ł200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: Ł200 (Ł0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): Ł750 (Ł0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): Ł1,000 (Ł0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: Ł250,000 (Ł75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): Ł1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): Ł3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:09 pm
    Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
    Thanks again for these threads Prospero! ^
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:40 pm

Recently got a BA PP card my account says earned avios 2,000 but I can't see how I go about releasing them to my BAEC account. Can someone explain how to get them out or are they scheduled and will automatically transfer at some point? Truth be told I don't remember adding my BAEC number during application but it's quite possible that I did
    Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
    They get transferred automatically on a monthly basis.
    Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:20 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
    Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
    Originally Posted by cstorrie
    Can someone explain how to get them out or are they scheduled and will automatically transfer at some point?
    They get transferred automatically on a monthly basis.
    And for anyone wondering about when that is, there is a cut-off date that's five or six days before your statement date. The Avios accumulated up to that point should be in your BAEC account one or two days after that. Any Avios accumulated between the cut-off date and the statement date will be carried over into the following month's transfer.
    Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:38 am

BA AMEX PP Avios transfer

For the SPG, I had to activate my SPG account online, then called amex with my number and they linked it.
    Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:46 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nux
    It should transfer automatically around your statement date.
    Originally Posted by KARFA
    Mine usually goes once a month around statement time. Avios show on my account withing a day or two.
    There's a cut-off date that's five or six days before the statement date. The Avios accumulated up to that point should be automatically transferred to your BAEC account, and should appear one or two days after the cut-off date. Any Avios accumulated between the cut-off date and the statement date will be carried over into the following month's transfer.

If stevieg999's been through two statement cycles without an automatic transfer, then something would seem to have gone wrong.
    Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
    And for anyone wondering about when that is, there is a cut-off date that's five or six days before your statement date. The Avios accumulated up to that point should be in your BAEC account one or two days after that. Any Avios accumulated between the cut-off date and the statement date will be carried over into the following month's transfer.
    Very helpful. When is statement date or any idea how to check? Checked back through my monthly emails but there seems to be little pattern about when I'm emailed
    Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:02 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cstorrie
    When is statement date or any idea how to check?
    Go to your online account. At the end of the "Pay Bill" section, there's a link for "Download PDF statements". That will take you to a page which will list your statements, showing the date of each. It's almost always the same day of the month.

Alternatively, go to the transactions page. Under "Processed Transactions" the page identifies the first day of the current statement period. Obviously, the statement date is the day before.
    Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
    I seem to remember it being paid one month in arrears, so you should get your first transfer at the end of the second month.
    Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
    Originally Posted by stevieg999
    Hi All,

Anyone know if the avios from the card posts themselves and when? Ive had 30k on my Amex webpage for about 1.5 months now and am waiting for them to post over. Will this happen automatically or do I need to transfer them?

Thanks
    Does your address match on both accounts? That might be the holdup.
    Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:37 pm

Hi Guys. recently moved to London and would like to signup for BA Amex card. I am wondering if current 25K Avios is a good option to sign up. Or does better offers pop up during the year and i better wait for that?
    thanks.
    Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by hkhexpat
    Hi Guys. recently moved to London and would like to signup for BA Amex card. I am wondering if current 25K Avios is a good option to sign up. Or does better offers pop up during the year and i better wait for that?
    thanks.
    Hi, this seems to be the best deal. If you get referred though, it's 26,000. As I mentioned earlier, always happy to refer, just PM me your email address!

Seriously though, I've not seen it higher. It'll drop down to 18,000 soon.
    Old Feb 16, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
    Second that, it will drop down on 21 May so I would get before then for the 25k or 26k through a referral, as above I am happy and grateful to refer!
    Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
    Not sure how new this is, but you can now use AMEX on the DVLA website to pay for a car tax disc. Certainly new since September last year when I taxed the other motor. Just earned 750 avios, which almost sweetened the pill of having to pay so much for the roads not to be fixed and for the Highways Agency to swan around in fancy motors.
    Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
    Originally Posted by nobbyclark
    Not sure how new this is, but you can now use AMEX on the DVLA website to pay for a car tax disc. Certainly new since September last year when I taxed the other motor. Just earned 750 avios, which almost sweetened the pill of having to pay so much for the roads not to be fixed and for the Highways Agency to swan around in fancy motors.
    I thought you'd been able to use the Amex for a while, but the the pence per Avios made it even more expensive than buying from BA for me. I guess it might be worth it for the more expensive bands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.