Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend 3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend 1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of 1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of 3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the 10,000 (or 20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under 1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: 2,500
    • Refund protection: 300 (200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: 200 (0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): 750 (0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): 1,000 (0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: 250,000 (75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): 1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): 3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
    Originally Posted by Popinjay
    When using a ba Amex to buy travel money from travelmoneynow.com - is interest charged from the time of purchase?

Thank you
    It is treated as a purchase and earns Avios - even though the CSRs tell you otherwise. Although it does appear to refer to you daily cash limit which I have found an issue - ended up using my Amex Gold as Amex refused to raise my cash limit which I think was 250.
    Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:41 am

I've just applied and been approved for the BA Amex card - can anyone shed any light as to whether these cards have contactless technology?

Thanks
    Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
    Originally Posted by Wombler
    I've just applied and been approved for the BA Amex card - can anyone shed any light as to whether these cards have contactless technology?
    They do.
    Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
    They do.
    Fab - can't wait to ditch my oyster card and the auto top up system that I hate!
    Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
    Originally Posted by Wombler
    Fab - can't wait to ditch my oyster card and the auto top up system that I hate!
    As someone who doesn't go into London very often, and invariably entering at different points each time the top up on the oyster was one thing that soured it for me. Contactless payment is brilliant. And now with added Avios
    Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:42 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
    Originally Posted by Geo772
    Contactless payment is brilliant. And now with added Avios
    Is there an Avios bonus for using contactless on TfL?
    Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
    Not on the BA card. Amex gold would give you double points for travel.
    Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:46 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by parklife
    Not on the BA card. Amex gold would give you double points for travel.
    Would you get those by topping up your Oyster as well as using it as contactless payment?
    Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: Yes please
    There is a spend-ten-quid-contactless-with-LT-get-five-back promo that applies to all Amex cards.
    Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
    Would you get those by topping up your Oyster as well as using it as contactless payment?
    Yes My monthly travelcard is double points on Gold
    Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:25 am

Yes I always get double. I still prefer the topping up option as it means you won't lose the odd point here an there!
    Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:30 am

New American Express Offers

I have just noticed a set of new "Spend xx, get xx back" offers on my account from a range of retailers including Debenhams, Argos, Fenwicks, HoF and a few others. Could be useful for buying Gift Cards for later use.
    Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:48 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SouthOxon
    There is a spend-ten-quid-contactless-with-LT-get-five-back promo that applies to all Amex cards.
    Thank you for this - I will have to give it a go.
    Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:08 am

Thank you for this - I will have to give it a go.
    I am sure you know this but....add it to your card first! Either by my offers on your Amex account or http://www.cardmemberoffers.co.uk/
    Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:58 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by parklife
    I am sure you know this but....add it to your card first! Either by my offers on your Amex account or http://www.cardmemberoffers.co.uk/
    Thank you! I'd discovered that I needed to register, but the offers are not in my Amex account - so that link has been very useful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.