Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
    Originally Posted by BrianDromey
    Same for me. Quite a lot of detail on the PDF statement really, which is great for reconciling various trips to various accounts.
    Same here - not that much appears on the online account but when the statement is raised it seems to have a lot more detail - including the route details. Didn't help when I was buying a surprise trip - all well initially but the cat was out of the bag once the statement was raised! Always been separate line per person for us too.
    Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
    Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue
    My Avios haven't transferred into my BA EC account yet this month. They show as "leaving" my BA AMEX PP account on 13th January. Normally they credit within 24 hours and show on my BA account on around 14th - 15th of each month. As of this morning (19th) they still hadn't credited to my BA EC account so I had an online live chat with Amex customer services. Very quick and very helpful. Apparently there is currently a known issue with BAs systems "accepting" Avios being transferred from Amex. The assistant informed me they are working with BA to resolve this. He couldn't give me a timescale but has forwarded my query to the relevant dept. and informed me they should show in my account in the next few days.
    Same for me, nearly a week late now!

Have yours appeared now? If so I might have to hassle them myself...
    alex67500 likes this.
    Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
    It might not be new - but I've only just noticed it. My BA Premium has a £300+ for 3000 avios offer on BA spend on it. Expires 16th Feb. Handy as I have a holiday booking so a bit of motivation to chip away at it :-)
    alex67500 likes this.
    Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
    Originally Posted by TraumaDoc

No, nothing yet. They usually post overnight and appear on 14/15th of the month. The assistant I had the web chat with did say he’d escalate my issue. Given that it’s a generic problem affecting most/all cardholders I’m assuming my Avios will not post until they’ve fixed the issue for everyone. They did say on the chat not to worry, they are aware of the problem and my Avios will be credited to my account (but no timescales).

I’d assume the more people start hassling them, the more urgency they’ll place on fixing it so it’s probably worth contacting them.
    Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar

Same here, stuck in the ether somewhere. If I'm not alone I'll let their IT sort it out, they probably know about it right now.

Originally Posted by Sprodo
    It might not be new - but I've only just noticed it. My BA Premium has a £300+ for 3000 avios offer on BA spend on it. Expires 16th Feb. Handy as I have a holiday booking so a bit of motivation to chip away at it :-)
    Same here, got it this morning. Now all I need are a 20% of Heathrow Express (my carnet is running out) and a 200 back on 600 with Amex Travel. They were usually January offers...
    Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)

They finally posted this morning and the transaction is dated 21/01. No idea if it’s related to the fix they have apparently been working on or if it’s just a coincidence however a couple of e-store transactions that have been sitting as “pending” for several months have also posted on my BAEC account this morning.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Jan 21, 2020 at 11:33 am
    Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
    Yup, but mine say "Transaction date Jan 13", and "Posted Jan 21". I have a feeling this had something to do with the Bonus Avios per each 4 pounds spent that was running in December, because they posted at the same time under AMEX RETAIL BONUS AVIOS.
    Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: BA silver,
    Mine through today as well
    Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
    Mine through as well.

Normal service to be resumed...
    Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
    Hi all, apologies if this is already covered. Have the introductory bonus conditions changed yet again so that you only get the bonus if you haven’t had any personal Amex in last 24 months rather than any BA Amex? My referral t&cs still say you only need not have had a BA Amex but the general website ones now seem to indicate you can’t have had any Amex?

Grateful for any confirmation one way or the other as looking to refer a friend who has recently had the Gold Amex.
    Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:27 am

Is that 3000 Avios for £300 spend cumulative? I need to make two bookings that total £300, but neither (obviously) are £300 on their own.
    Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
    Originally Posted by gliderpilot
    Hi all, apologies if this is already covered. Have the introductory bonus conditions changed yet again so that you only get the bonus if you haven’t had any personal Amex in last 24 months rather than any BA Amex? My referral t&cs still say you only need not have had a BA Amex but the general website ones now seem to indicate you can’t have had any Amex?

Grateful for any confirmation one way or the other as looking to refer a friend who has recently had the Gold Amex.
    My recent data point suggests they are now looking across the Membership Rewards, BA and Marriott card products - and if you take out a card and have had ANY type of product with them in the last 2 years, they will not give you the bonus. I recently went from BAPP to the SPG/Marriott card and my bonus was not awarded. I was sure I'd seen Raffles say you could go from BA to SPG and get the welcome bonus, but apparently no longer (although I may have been reading an old HFP article).

And it does indeed say in the referral T&Cs that are shown to me on my SPG card that the welcome points will not be given to my friend if they have held ANY American Express product in the last 24 months.
    gliderpilot likes this.
    Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
    Originally Posted by James91
    Is that 3000 Avios for £300 spend cumulative? I need to make two bookings that total £300, but neither (obviously) are £300 on their own.
    Yes, its cumulative (multiple transactions within the promotion period should trigger the bonus points as long as they =>£300)
    James91 likes this.
    Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Magic01273
    Yes, its cumulative (multiple transactions within the promotion period should trigger the bonus points as long as they =>£300)
    Thanks , that's a solid offer then.
    Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:28 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
    Originally Posted by Magic01273
    My recent data point suggests they are now looking across the Membership Rewards, BA and Marriott card products - and if you take out a card and have had ANY type of product with them in the last 2 years, they will not give you the bonus. I recently went from BAPP to the SPG/Marriott card and my bonus was not awarded. I was sure I'd seen Raffles say you could go from BA to SPG and get the welcome bonus, but apparently no longer (although I may have been reading an old HFP article).

And it does indeed say in the referral T&Cs that are shown to me on my SPG card that the welcome points will not be given to my friend if they have held ANY American Express product in the last 24 months.
    Free BA Amex - rule is no personal Amex cards AT ALL for 24 months

BAPP - rule is no BA Amex for the last 24 months, but no problem with Gold, Plat, SPG, Nectar etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.