Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2014 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Last night I dreamt that I was in GC and saw Roger Federer, does that count?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Joely
Last night I dreamt that I was in GC and saw Roger Federer, does that count?
In GC??? No way
Old Feb 9, 2014, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Polomarc
In GC??? No way
I know, I mean as a GCH, why would I go into that slum
Old Feb 9, 2014, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
There is so much auto tune on his voice on his recordings, all you can hear is a metallic noise, no quality of voice at all in my view. There's so much of it on there that it sounds nasal. Call me old fashioned if you will but the use of auto tube for effect leaves me cold and shuddering.
I believe you'll be struggling to find ANY record now that has no auto tune (even with the best singers). At least when I've seen him sing live (on youtube or TV, not in real life) he seems to have a nice natural voice unless they can auto tune live performances as well.

Doesn't change my opinion of him though.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AMEX Plat and all that comes with it.
Spotted courtesy of the Daily Mail! Our new Prince + mother, both in First. Interesting that the media were there waiting down route in time to take the pic, wonder if they have permission or was a tip off.

Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by FLT001
Spotted courtesy of the Daily Mail! Our new Prince + mother, both in First. Interesting that the media were there waiting down route in time to take the pic, wonder if they have permission or was a tip off.
More likely they were told to be there by the Royal Family. They're desperately trying to build up Prince William and Kate's profile as the Queen isn't getting any younger and noone cares about any of the others.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:40 pm

According to Daily Mail, the 777 landed in St Vincent...usual rubbish. Although I can't actually recall any Daily Mail article about BA that has got its facts right!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:53 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gkyip
I believe you'll be struggling to find ANY record now that has no auto tune (even with the best singers). At least when I've seen him sing live (on youtube or TV, not in real life) he seems to have a nice natural voice unless they can auto tune live performances as well.

Doesn't change my opinion of him though.

I'm talking more about the over use of it rather than the use of it. Like photoshop or their like in photography, there is a use for the tool, but when it's the first thing yu notice, it's too much.

Autotune can indeed be made to work with live vocals.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Bullswood
According to Daily Mail, the 777 landed in St Vincent...usual rubbish. Although I can't actually recall any Daily Mail article about BA that has got its facts right!
The flight is 8500 miles too apparently - that's impressive going to arrive in only 9 hours. Average speed of 1500km/h!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Autotune can indeed be made to work with live vocals.
This depresses me
Old Feb 10, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Pierce Brosnan was in the row behind me from LHR-TXL on BA982 on Saturday, jetting in for a film premiere at Berlinale. He was in 5F and I think he was travelling with his mum. He remembered his sunglasses, put on a very smart hat after landing and doled out an autograph. All in all a very polite chap...but then again he was travelling with his mum (probably).
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver Hilton Diamond
Pains me to put this on a celeb thread but Alex salmond in t5 galleries just now
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IceInTheCider
Pierce Brosnan was in the row behind me from LHR-TXL on BA982 on Saturday, jetting in for a film premiere at Berlinale. He was in 5F and I think he was travelling with his mum. He remembered his sunglasses, put on a very smart hat after landing and doled out an autograph. All in all a very polite chap...but then again he was travelling with his mum (probably).
That may be his wife. We sat at the next table at a small restaurant in Chelsea a few years back. She's not whom you would picture him with.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by seacow
Pains me to put this on a celeb thread but Alex salmond in t5 galleries just now
I would have thought flying BRITISH airways would be against his religion (or some such)
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by Joely
I would have thought flying BRITISH airways would be against his religion (or some such)
Absolutely ! If ever there was a case to be made for live vivisection, Alex "The Fat Fish" Salmond is it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.