Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
You could find yourself managing 22 Customer Service Managers, who in turn manage 12 Cabin Crew – so directly and indirectly, you could potentially have 130 people under your wing!
i can't for the life of me figure out the maths of this one!
sahajesh, PETER01, icegirl and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
286 by my count indeed
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
This shows the calibre of line management that we on the front line have to deal with. I still have no idea what my IBM does!
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
Hi all, how many cabin crew work on an A380 in the UD CW cabin?
Total of 22 crew.

UD - CW - 5
UD - WT/+ - 4
MD - First - 3
MD - CW - 4(+1)
MD - WT - 5
May I please ask: are these numbers still correct?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Well I had a question about whether LCY could be on eastleries when LHR was on westerlies and how much of a pain it is if it happens.

The first part of my question though has been answered today as I can down from MAN early this afternoon and landed on 09 at LCY when LHR was still on westerlies so it was interesting to see the LHR bound aircraft above us as we turned in to LCY. I still would like to know about the second part of the question tho, how much of a pain is it when this happens?
florens likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Well I had a question about whether LCY could be on eastleries when LHR was on westerlies and how much of a pain it is if it happens.

The first part of my question though has been answered today as I can down from MAN early this afternoon and landed on 09 at LCY when LHR was still on westerlies so it was interesting to see the LHR bound aircraft above us as we turned in to LCY. I still would like to know about the second part of the question tho, how much of a pain is it when this happens?
I live in East London, it means that we get the last turn of flights into LHR, and the final approach for LCY fly overhead. Not too much of a pain though, you get used to it.
(and it happens quite often, probably a third of the year -- LCY is quicker to "turn around", and more subject to wind with such a short runway)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
I live in East London, it means that we get the last turn of flights into LHR, and the final approach for LCY fly overhead. Not too much of a pain though, you get used to it.
(and it happens quite often, probably a third of the year -- LCY is quicker to "turn around", and more subject to wind with such a short runway)
Thanks. Yes that was my thought too that LCY is more wind sensitive.

I should have added, how much of a pain is it for the ATC folks when this happens? Is it not an issue at all or does it make the day a bit harder when you have this?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Globaliser
hi,

coming back on the a380 ba28 from hkg last week the captain said there was 22 crew on board

regards

tbs
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
coming back on the a380 ba28 from hkg last week the captain said there was 22 crew on board
Great - thanks!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver

I should have added, how much of a pain is it for the ATC folks when this happens? Is it not an issue at all or does it make the day a bit harder when you have this?
With the caveat that I stay in my ivory tower and am not affected by LCY being on easterlies while we’re still on westerlies, I don’t think it’s an issue. In fact, it could be argued that from a point of view it’s actually better, as you have LHR arrivals descending on top of LCY arrivals who are also descending, rather than us both being on westerlies where you have LHR arrivals descending on top of LCY departures that are climbing. This combination, allied to TCAS, has sometimes caused interesting situations, and a level bust by the LCY departure would be at a critical point, hence why I believe the LCY departure routes provide more than 1000ft separation under the LHR arrivals (this is off the top of my head without having checked AIP and MATS etc, hence the cagey language). Hopefully Scott will be along to correct me!
Steve_ZA, florens, KARFA and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Heathrow Tower; Dec 18, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I believe them to be. No one that I keep in touch with at BA has mentioned numbers increasing or decreasing onboard any aircraft.

What has made you question them? A recent experience?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
What has made you question them? A recent experience?
No, not questioning them at all - simply trying to keep up to date!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps

Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
With the caveat that I stay in my ivory tower and am not affected by LCY being on easterlies while we’re still on westerlies, I don’t think it’s an issue. In fact, it could be argued that from a point of view it’s actually better, as you have LHR arrivals descending on top of LCY arrivals who are also descending, rather than us both being on westerlies where you have LHR arrivals descending on top of LCY departures that are climbing. This combination, allied to TCAS, has sometimes caused interesting situations, and a level bust by the LCY departure would be at a critical point, hence why I believe the LCY departure routes provide more than 1000ft separation under the LHR arrivals (this is off the top of my head without having checked AIP and MATS etc, hence the cagey language). Hopefully Scott will be along to correct me!
Yes it is definitely possible as you have spotted, and from my understanding they are totally independent. LHR arrivals to the 27s must remain at or above 4000ft until both south of the LCY extended centerline and within 13 nautical miles of LHR, which keeps them separated from LCY departures which climb to 3000ft. At LCY a specific additional reminder of the initial stop altitude of the SID is given after the clearance after a number of level busts (no extra separation!). When LCY is landing 09 their arrivals come downwind at 2000ft which is because the DET and ULTIB departures of the LHR 09s have 3000ft or above climb restrictions at around 10 miles from departure. If LHR is on 27s and LCY on 09 then you get an additional 1000ft of separation between their arrivals, but I'm not sure if either side use this space tactically at all or they just continue with standard operations which keeps things routine.

Hope that made some sense!
florens, BoeBus, alex67500 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
Yes it is definitely possible as you have spotted, and from my understanding they are totally independent. LHR arrivals to the 27s must remain at or above 4000ft until both south of the LCY extended centerline and within 13 nautical miles of LHR, which keeps them separated from LCY departures which climb to 3000ft. At LCY a specific additional reminder of the initial stop altitude of the SID is given after the clearance after a number of level busts (no extra separation!). When LCY is landing 09 their arrivals come downwind at 2000ft which is because the DET and ULTIB departures of the LHR 09s have 3000ft or above climb restrictions at around 10 miles from departure. If LHR is on 27s and LCY on 09 then you get an additional 1000ft of separation between their arrivals, but I'm not sure if either side use this space tactically at all or they just continue with standard operations which keeps things routine.

Hope that made some sense!
This morning I was sitting by a window looking eastwards above Spitalfields market, I could see LHR flights coming out of hold, indeed a bit higher than LCY's climbing out, both on the 27s. They looked close from this angle They look much further apart when LCY turns to 09.

So both on 27s is probably the worst configuration, really.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
With the caveat that I stay in my ivory tower and am not affected by LCY being on easterlies while we’re still on westerlies....
Originally Posted by Airprox
Yes it is definitely possible as you have spotted...
Thanks both for your comments ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.