Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by MPH1980
But do the middle ones go to one side or the other ... or is it smart enough to separate them up for demand?
They go almost directly downwards, quite some distance actually, and are served to passengers passing through security at AKL.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dakaix
These are just stacked in a cart obscured under the table aren't they? I'm sure I've seen one of the staff emptying it and redistributing the trays...
Exactly. The one in the middle island table is just a stack which doesn’t directly feed in to anywhere. Every so often the staff come and remove the stack, I think it is on rollers so they slide the stack out, and then put them back in to either machine manually.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by dakaix

These are just stacked in a cart obscured under the table aren't they? I'm sure I've seen one of the staff emptying it and redistributing the trays...

Originally Posted by KARFA

Exactly. The one in the middle island table is just a stack which doesn’t directly feed in to anywhere. Every so often the staff come and remove the stack, I think it is on rollers so they slide the stack out, and then put them back in to either machine manually.
Thank you both - I've never seen the emptying process - but then I never hang around long in the first wing ... and I have to admit - I thought I'd seen it go down a bit when I put a tray in there ...

Your version of events makes much more sense than my complex conveyor theory.

Originally Posted by armouredant
They go almost directly downwards, quite some distance actually, and are served to passengers passing through security at AKL.
But I really prefer this idea ...
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by MPH1980
I thought I'd seen it go down a bit when I put a tray in there ...
The cart is sprung so that the trays remain below the table-top, that's probably what you saw!
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And here is the CWS contribution to this vital issue.
T8191, MPH1980 and volar like this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:22 am

I make that 7 posts on the topic of a cart trolley. :-)

We must all be very bored.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Not sure who is best to answer this. A thread today about the IFE flight app showing a 23 hour flight time had a response suggesting that the IFE flight tracking data came from flight deck instruments. This has troubled me for a while, but does that mean that any passenger on AF 447 (pilots lose situational awareness and stall the aircraft right down into the Atlantic) who was watching the IFE saw this happening?

Then I started to think, would anyone have said anything during the 7 minute plunge to the ocean?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Not sure who is best to answer this. A thread today about the IFE flight app showing a 23 hour flight time had a response suggesting that the IFE flight tracking data came from flight deck instruments. This has troubled me for a while, but does that mean that any passenger on AF 447 (pilots lose situational awareness and stall the aircraft right down into the Atlantic) who was watching the IFE saw this happening?

Then I started to think, would anyone have said anything during the 7 minute plunge to the ocean?
I don't know the answer to your question but the cabin would have been a very unpleasant place. Stalling an aircraft like that causes massive vibrations and buffeting. They would have known they were in trouble.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68

The routing data comes from the “flight script” this is essentially a data load that is done for each flight. The routing you see on the flight overview (Thales) is generic and not from the Flight Management Computer. The details you see in terms of altitude, speed, OAT etc are ‘dumbed down’ data from ADS-B/C output. Not accurate but close enough for government work. The ETA does come from the FMC but is only accurate if the flight script set up is done correctly. Sometimes flights are not closed properly in the IFE system so as such you may be flying to Delhi with Washington as your destination listed. Most amusing I am sure.

As as for speed I believe it is ground speed that is used in KM/H or MPH, not true/calibrated or indicated airspeed.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Low bandwidth BA website access

Hello,

I often work on vessels far enough offshore that internet access is extremely limited, and bandwidth down to a trickle. For purchasing and changing flights I used to be able to use a low bandwidth portal on the BA website which allowed access with no adverts or large image pages. It was:

http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/www.b...n_jtt_redirect

It doesn't work now, is there an alternative link that would work for customers needing to access the BA website from limited bandwidth locations?

Many thanks

G50
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ginger50
Hello,

I often work on vessels far enough offshore that internet access is extremely limited, and bandwidth down to a trickle. For purchasing and changing flights I used to be able to use a low bandwidth portal on the BA website which allowed access with no adverts or large image pages. It was:

http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/www.b...n_jtt_redirect

It doesn't work now, is there an alternative link that would work for customers needing to access the BA website from limited bandwidth locations?

Many thanks

G50
Although you may get an answer within this thread, your question is an interesting one. I would recommend you ask a moderator to create a new thread for you as it will generate more traction and may get you the response you are after.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Thanks madfish, I will wait a day to see if this gets traction here, if not I will do as you suggest.

G50
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
What is a 'Cabin Crew Business Manager'?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by icegirl
https://careers.ba.com/heathrow-infl...siness-manager

At British Airways, we’re passionate about putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.

As an In-Flight Business Manager, you’ll drive a high-performance culture – leading, managing, coaching and inspiring your team of Customer Service Managers to deliver.

Mainly based on the ground – although some flying is required to lead your team to be the best it can be – you’ll ensure that your Customer Service Managers deliver a world-class, personalised service, even on the most demanding of days.

Your aim will be to establish and maintain the highest standards for service. So you’ll build a culture of mentoring, engagement and empowerment that recognises individual contributions and enables people to be the best they can be. As the industry continues to evolve, you’ll be expected to embrace change and all the new technologies to help your team put the customer first on every flight.

If you’ve proved you can mentor, manage, develop and engage others as a Customer Service Manager, this is your next step up and an opportunity to keep developing your management skills. You could find yourself managing 22 Customer Service Managers, who in turn manage 12 Cabin Crew – so directly and indirectly, you could potentially have 130 people under your wing!
icegirl likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by icegirl
An Inflight Business Manager (which I’m assuming is what you mean) manages a team of CSMs on the ground. They’re also involved in projects relating to general fleet management.
They do, however, fly every 3 ish months or so to maintain recency on aircraft types and to perform check flights on CSMs. They also fly as part of the crew complement during disruption.
PETER01 and icegirl like this.

Last edited by MFCC; Dec 13, 2018 at 4:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.