Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways Flyertalk Do's - 2014 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nufnuf77
List of upcoming proposed / Confirmed Do's for 2014/15.

2014:

Aberdeen/Lossiemouth/Inverness Do - 5-7 December. Host: Jamier45

London Christmas Do - 17 December. Hosts: KARFA/Chris1979

2015:

Oxford Do - dates being voted on, 6/7/13/14/20/21/27/28 February. Host: OxfordBlue

Potential Southampton Do - February/March - exact date to be decided, dedicated thread coming soon. Hosts: BotB/BA0197

Edinburgh Do - dates being voted on, 9/16/30 May. Host: PETER01

Milan Do - 29/30May or 5/6June after EXPO 2015 starts. Thread coming soon to explain the proposal. Host: themapelligroup

Potential Leeds Do - June??? - please indicate interest by posting in this thread. Host: KARFA

Jersey Do - 11 July. Host: T8191

Potential Manchester Do - Summer?? - please indicate interest by posting in this thread. Host: DYKWIA

Potential Mykonos Do - Summer?? - please indicate interest by posting in this thread. Host: chris1979

Others? (please post them here!)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

On behalf of chris1979, corporate-wage-slave, PETER01 and T8191 (probably).

There has been some discussion recently about holding a BA Flyertalk Do, and some PMs going to and fro, but it's probably about time to test the waters and see what the assembled congregation here favours.

If you haven't been to a Do then we would strongly recommend them, they are great places to meet some of the characters, have a friendly banter and make new friends. Newbies, old hands, spouses - all are welcome.

Suggested ideas for dates / locations in 2014

London - March/April
Jersey - July, TBC with iWife
New York - September
London/Edinburgh/Aberdeen TBC - End of November/beginning of December?

Recent Do's have been in London (multiple times), Hong Kong, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Manchester and Leeds. There hasn't been a recent BA do in Belfast, Dublin (yes I know that's not the UK!), Isle of Man or Aberdeen. Or indeed mainland Europe.

Questions:

1) Any thoughts on the above dates and timings? We are not after a roll call just yet.

2) We need a host for each location. Past experience has suggested the best approach is for the host to find a pub, bar or restaurant happy to have us, and let Flyertalkers buy their own food directly from the establishment concerned. So the host needs to arrange a venue and ideally maintain a rollcall here from time to time, to keep a check on numbers.

3) We have suggested New York, simply because it's there and pretty much no other reason. An international venue is a good idea, Hong Kong was an obvious one, but we are open to ideas, especially outside the school holidays.

4) A Do does not need to attract loads of participants, so 3 Flyertalkers is a Do! So if you think you can host a Do in your vicinity there please let it be known. Doesn't matter if you are in Burma or Bognor Regis.

5) Any other ideas? If you have some sort of access to an airport or other flying facility then there are a few people here who are mildly interested in such things....

As this thread develops and plans firm up, I will put up a Wiki with updated data.

(With apologies to Stifle, we know there shouldn't be an apostrophe, but it now looks silly without one).
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Reserved for future use

Reserved for future use.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

With loads of flights - great bars - great temperature I'd go back to basics and organise a Do in the South of France ( Nice : Cannes : Monaco )

I offer myself as a half host as I live in Italy ( close by but I'm not directly there )

September ideal month
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
^

Do's are good fun indeed!

Here are some links to 2013's Do's for those wanting to have a look what it's like.

"Trip Report" on the London Do: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...do-2013-a.html

"Trip Report" on the Jersey Do: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...do-2013-a.html

Links to other fun 2013 Do's:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ch-2013-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...23-august.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...june-sarf.html

Though might seem daunting at first (and it was for me), we are mostly a very friendly, normal, non-anorak (nothing wrong with that though!) bunch of people and as CWS says, partners, spouses, children and friends have been along and enjoyed these sort of get-togethers.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Executive, Virgin FC
I'd be interested - given enough planning, I might actually get to one ... Although abroad might be stretching it for me but UK would be good enough for some TP runs...
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Executive, Virgin FC
Or what the inaugural 380 run into IAD?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
London - March/April
Jersey - July, TBC with iWife
New York - September
London/Edinburgh/Aberdeen TBC
I can probably attend a London Do in late March/early April, or towards the end of the year (last week Nov/first week Dec?), depending on timings and luck with regards to the needs of the business.

No Cornwall Do planned?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
JER. Probably 26 Jul 14, being a Saturday and with a chance of decent weather. Need to consult with the Manager at The Bar (same location seems sensible) but that will have to wait until after we have (*cough*) taken our Caribbean winter break.

I will, of course, start a separate DO thread once things are clearer.

40 TPs e/w in CW ... Just saying. Quick and easy for a 40 minute sector

BTW, C-W-S ... if you capitalise DO, then DOs don't look aberrant and are proper English Innit

Last edited by T8191; Dec 30, 2013 at 11:22 am
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
FWIW I'd enjoy JER ^
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I missed the JER do and MAN do this year unfortunately. I would love to come to the JER next year. Also either Edinburgh or Aberdeen sound good for a November/December do.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I can host one in GCM no problem, I am very familiar with the bars here! I know joejet is up for it, and if 3 is considered a do I am sure I can find another person or two (although I may need to search the aa board for posters there with ba status since aa is the typical airline from here for OW). I know it is too far for everyone, but I'll throw it out there again just incase anyone is passing through on business/visiting family/TP runners.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by jcm9000
I can host one in GCM no problem, I am very familiar with the bars here! I know joejet is up for it, and if 3 is considered a do I am sure I can find another person or two (although I may need to search the aa board for posters there with ba status since aa is the typical airline from here for OW). I know it is too far for everyone, but I'll throw it out there again just incase anyone is passing through on business/visiting family/TP runners.
I have an old RAF ATC mate over there, who might help make up numbers. If you want a chat about Air Navigation Services and that sort of thing. PM me if you think he would be acceptable.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
NYC over the Labor Day weekend would be good (for no other reason than I'm going to be there then)
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Perhaps a Las Vegas 'Do' might be popular?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How about a BA to BA Do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.