Quick economy seat question on a 747

Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Quick economy seat question on a 747

Hello chaps,

Happy Holidays to all of you, and wishing you a safe new year ahead.

My partner is traveling on IAH-LHR on BA flight 194. The aircraft type is a 74G which is the 747-400 version 2 on seatguru.

Does anyone know if 39H is a regular exit row aisle seat, which usually has plenty of leg room, or not?

Would you recommend that for a solo traveler as opposed to a regular aisle seat further back?

Thank you lads,
Andrew
Old Dec 26, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I was in 39K a few months ago and didn't like that seat / row. Didn't have any extra space and wall in front meant couldn't stretch out. Felt a bit claustrophobic.

I am lucky not to travel Y long haul very often so don't have much experience but personally will not proactively chose that row again.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, HHonors
As a Y traveller on the 744 I prefer the mini-cabin formed of rows 33-36. I normally take an aisle seat so can't comment on the K seats but I like the general feel of the smaller cabin.

Beware that row 33 (and 39) being bulkhead rows are often used by families with babies.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Hello chaps,

Thank you for your reply. I was a bit concerned that 39 would be a bulkhead row as opposed to an exit row, so I will ask my partner to avoid it.

Thank you lads,
Andrew

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.