Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TP Run to LBA - have to re-clear security?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 5:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
I'm parking my car in Doncaster so not far from Leeds. Less than £5 on the train. No rush anyway as the whole weekend is free for me.

Travelling down to Kings Cross in the morning as Virgin East Coast are doing £5 standard class fares at present (£20 in first) again. Might be the same Leeds-London.

Was going to go somewhere in Europe but a lot of hotel prices are ££££ over the weekend. Some places that charge £60+ night usually want 130,000 Hilton points!
Ah ok, fair enough.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
All the same. Head out landside, turn right after exiting and follow the terminal building, use fast track security, upstairs after security, follow the signs through the duty free shop towards the gates. You should have plenty of time.

When are you considering doing it?
@KARFA I didn't need to make the trip in the end.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by twentyfourseven
@KARFA I didn't need to make the trip in the end.
But you still could do so? You would add 2 to the passenger numbers for May
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: BA GGL
Does anybody know what is the MCT at Leeds please? I have booked a multi city:
LHR-LBA
LBA-LHR
LHR-DUB

The first two are a back to back 45 mins connection at LBA. The BA phone agent and their supervisor initially refused to book it saying it breached MCT, and that the system would auto cancel it after a short while.

I asked them to humour me and book it anyway - they conferred some more, then came back and said ok but it’s my responsibility if I miss the return leg.

So I suspect it must be a legal booking and it was actually the buggy multi city 120 min restriction causing issues, but curious to hear people’s thoughts. Maybe they did me a favour.

Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by woglet86
Does anybody know what is the MCT at Leeds please? I have booked a multi city:
LHR-LBA
LBA-LHR
LHR-DUB

The first two are a back to back 45 mins connection at LBA. The BA phone agent and their supervisor initially refused to book it saying it breached MCT, and that the system would auto cancel it after a short while.

I asked them to humour me and book it anyway - they conferred some more, then came back and said ok but it’s my responsibility if I miss the return leg.

So I suspect it must be a legal booking and it was actually the buggy multi city 120 min restriction causing issues, but curious to hear people’s thoughts. Maybe they did me a favour.

Thanks
The agent is talking rubbish. MCT at LBA for this is 30 mins Scheduled turnaround at LBA is usually 40-45 mins. If something is below MCT it wouldn't be bookable to start with, never mind bookable and then gets cancelled later.

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .30 .45 .45 1.00
OFFLINE .30 .45 .45 1.00
** OR * ARE ALL
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by woglet86
It's 30 minutes at LBA. NCL is the best airport for this sort of thing, since while the MCT there is also 30 minutes, there is more chance that your aircraft has a crew swap over from night stops (which puts more time on the turnaround), plus it's the easiest way to do it, you are decanted right by the gate, right by the lounge.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:34 am

@allturnleft just a bit more information based on your question in your thread Is a turnaround possIble at LBA?

If you are trying this in the next few weeks be aware you will probably not be using the jetbridge - both are currently out of action. You'll be bussed to the domestic passenger entrance at the far side of the terminal. Other than that it is the same so out through the baggage claim area, right, and down to security (use fast track) and upstairs, through duty free, and to the gate. Boarding at the moment is from the gates on the ground floor so gates 6 upwards.
allturnleft likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
With apologies for a further resurrection of this thread, I have a different question. We have a B2B booked purely for the sake of earning TPs, arriving at LBA from LHR at 10:25, departing for LHR at 11:20, booked at expedia to allow shorter connection.

One of us needs wheelchair assistance at LHR to get to the gate. What's the situation at LBA? Would the wheelchair person take us from arrival, through the controls and back to the plane? I had thought that even slowly, we could manage the walk, but now I'm not so sure.

Also, we're in ET with seats in the middle of the cabin. I can't upgrade using Avios (to reduce the time from seat to door) as it's a TA booking. Any thoughts as to how to smooth the transfer off the plane and back to the plane?

Many thanks for your help.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Is there any chance this could be moved to NCL? It would be significantly easier. There's no need to book via Expedia, though BA.com has a 2 hour minima, the actual minima (MCT) is less than the turnaround time for almost all domestic flights, so they can be booked via the Contact Centre.
Roger likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Roger
With apologies for a further resurrection of this thread, I have a different question. We have a B2B booked purely for the sake of earning TPs, arriving at LBA from LHR at 10:25, departing for LHR at 11:20, booked at expedia to allow shorter connection.

One of us needs wheelchair assistance at LHR to get to the gate. What's the situation at LBA? Would the wheelchair person take us from arrival, through the controls and back to the plane? I had thought that even slowly, we could manage the walk, but now I'm not so sure.

Also, we're in ET with seats in the middle of the cabin. I can't upgrade using Avios (to reduce the time from seat to door) as it's a TA booking. Any thoughts as to how to smooth the transfer off the plane and back to the plane?

Many thanks for your help.
i think this is the type of situation where some direct communication beforehand with lba may be very valuable. Special assistance at lba is done by the airport themselves fortunately so I think that will help you quite a bit. If you are happy to do so please send me a pm with your flight details and I can speak with someone at LBA who I know who may be able to help. Alternatively contact them using the details on the airport website and explain your situation so at least they are able to prepare.
Roger likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Is there any chance this could be moved to NCL?.
Thanks. I don't think so, unfortunately. I've already booked. Should the need arise again, I'll remember your advice.
Originally Posted by KARFA
If you are happy to do so please send me a pm with your flight details and I can speak with someone at LBA who I know who may be able to help.
What an incredibly kind offer. Thank you very much!

I have PM'ed you.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
LBA is struck through with a line on the Wikipost 'Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations' Grading Table.
As this is now a temporary BA destination does anyone know if a 35 minute turnaround is good to go please?

In fact, the journey is LCY/BHD/LBA/BHD/LCY on the same E90 throughout with 35 minutes on each of the 3 changes, but LBA is the only unknown for me here.
It wouldn't matter if the connection were missed in LBA as my mate and I would just hop onto a train back to London, but would of course rather complete the journey for the CE TP's.

Needs to be booked as two one-ways by the looks of it LCY/BHD/LBA and LBA/BHD/LCY as multi-city rejects the whole itinerary.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 9:23 am

So the previous advice still applies, so you will need to go landside and back through security. The BACF turnaround will make things a bit tightener, but the airport is so quite atm that you should be ok and get around in time.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Ok, Thank you KARFA. That's good to know and sounds possible under the circumstances but I understand the risk. Probably worth mentioning to cabin crew on disembarkation too as they may correspond with the gate to close the aircraft door on-time as opposed to, say, 5 minutes early.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bluekjp
Ok, Thank you KARFA. That's good to know and sounds possible under the circumstances but I understand the risk. Probably worth mentioning to cabin crew on disembarkation too as they may correspond with the gate to close the aircraft door on-time as opposed to, say, 5 minutes early.
I think the only difference compared to the notes is that after security atm they are letting you straight through in to the ground floor airside departures, and then as you will probably go from gate 3/4 that means just going up the escalator. This is much shorter than the normal route, so usually after security you would go upstairs, along the corridor, and through duty free before you reached the gate area. May save you a minute or two if that is still the arrangement when you do it.
Bluekjp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.