Wiki Posts
Search

GGL partner card rules question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
Just to give you feedback from my side, I have now received a response from the GGL team apologising for the delay in responding and stating "..looking at your son's account, he will receive a new card for the year April 2014 until April 2015".

So it sounds as if the membership year should roll forward on 9 March (his membership year end) with the Gold status. We'll have to wait and see if that happens automatically on 9 March or not.

What's not clear to me, is whether this extension of his Gold status (to give the benefit of the minimum 12 months status) will mean I have used up my Gold referral for my next membership year, or not.
I would say with 99.99% certainty that this will not impact your next Gold referral. I don't think the system allows BA to work in any other way.

I think your son would have had a new Gold card issued for a further year upon renewal with no intervention your part.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Just to give you feedback from my side, I have now received a response from the GGL team apologising for the delay in responding and stating "..looking at your son's account, he will receive a new card for the year April 2014 until April 2015".

So it sounds as if the membership year should roll forward on 9 March (his membership year end) with the Gold status. We'll have to wait and see if that happens automatically on 9 March or not.

What's not clear to me, is whether this extension of his Gold status (to give the benefit of the minimum 12 months status) will mean I have used up my Gold referral for my next membership year, or not.
Good to hear. I will let you know what happens to my OH's account come Feb 9th...
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC

Originally Posted by arh1
Good to hear. I will let you know what happens to my OH's account come Feb 9th...

As promised by BA, her Gold status now shows an expiry of Feb 2015. So it does appear to roll over automatically. They also indicate that she should receive a new gold welcome packet (membership card etc) to show the updated validity.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: BA; SQ; Hyatt; Hilton
Gold partner card to existing gold partner card holder

Any idea what would happen with this one? My membership year begins and ends in July. Last membership year, under the old system, I nominated my OH for a gold partner card which was valid for the rest of her membership year (until October 2013) and all of her current membership year, so it expires in October this year. I would like to nominate her for this year's gold partner card, so as to extend her gold status to October 2015. I am not going to hit 3,000 TP this year, so figure I may as well schedule my travel to drop to silver and regain gold after July. Can I nominate her now (before my year ends in July), while she is already gold and using a partner gold card?

This is what the website FAQs say:

Q. If I nominate an existing Executive Club Member to receive a Gold or Silver Executive Club partner card - how long will their tier status be valid for?
A. When you successfully nominate an individual who is already a Member of the Executive Club, their account will be updated immediately and their new tier status will remain valid for the remainder of their current membership year, and the full membership year following.

Q. What happens if I nominate someone to receive a Silver or Gold Executive Club partner card and they have already been nominated by someone else?
A. If you nominate someone who is already currently using a partner card then your request will not be accepted and you will be unable to nominate someone else through your Executive Club account online. Please check with your nominee to ensure that they are not already using an Executive Club partner card.

Q. What happens if I nominate someone to receive a Silver or Gold partner card and have already earned and currently hold Silver or Gold tier status?
A. If you choose to nominate someone for Silver or Gold tier status and they currently hold the same level of tier status then they will not be downgraded at the end of their current membership year, even if they do not earn the required number of Tier Points. If you choose to nominate a Silver tier Executive Club member to receive a Gold Partner Card their account will be updated straight away and their new Gold tier status will remain valid for the remainder of their current membership year and the full 12 months following.
In the T&Cs themselves:

8.11. In the event that the Sponsor re-qualifies at Gold Guest List or retains their Premier Card, they may re-sponsor the Nominee from the beginning of their new membership year in which case the Member must re-apply and complete the online Nomination process.
I emailed the GGL people to clarify and confirm that I could nominate my OH and that her status would therefore continue until October 2015. Surprisingly and unhelpfully, they replied:

As you can see the new Partner Card proposition can be a little complicated as Executive Club members have different account tracking dates.
At present you can nominate 2 Gold Partner cards and 1 Silver partner card, irrespective that you had already nominated one in the system before Dec '13.

You will then be able to nominate again from your account tracking date from 9 Jul'14 if you remain a Gold Guest List member.
If a member you are thinking of nominating is already a Gold member then there is no point in nominating them again until nearer their own tracking month, and the system would no doubt reject the nomination stating that they were gold at present.
Does anyone have any experience?

Separately, I don't see anything in the terms and conditions which would prevent a GGL from nominating him/herself for a partner gold card, thus giving a soft landing to gold...?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Probably a silly question, but here goes:

If I nominate my 3 cards now, when my new membership year starts am I allowed nominate a different set of people (with the original 3 getting benefit of a possible 23 month window)

If I'm straying into controversial territory and post is inappropriate pls PM!

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2014, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

If I nominate my 3 cards now, when my new membership year starts am I allowed nominate a different set of people (with the original 3 getting benefit of a possible 23 month window)

Thanks
Yes you can.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Yes you can.
Thanks - good to hear
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Dia

Thanks
GGL hotline says yes you can but I couldn't for some reason. The team are investigating seems some glitch after the change.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GGL

Thanks
Much the same question from me, but just to clarify, by new membership year, do you mean GGL membership year or general BAEC membership year? Are these still different? Reason I ask is that I will hit 5k points about 5 weeks before the end of my current, BAEC membership year and that has thrown up a few questions...

1) Will I be GGL for 12 months from the date I pass 5,000 points or
2) Will I be GGL until the end of current BAEC year and then for the following year?
3) Will I get partner cards when I reach GGL and again when my BAEC year restarts or do I get a second lot when I hit 3,000 points in my new BAEC year?
4) Is the CCR card only valid for 12 months or is it valid until the end of my following membership year?

It's all very confusing. First world life is so tough!!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by waspsl
GGL hotline says yes you can but I couldn't for some reason. The team are investigating seems some glitch after the change.
I had a similar issue after pushing my old style gold referral but it was sorted out quickly.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
2) Will I be GGL until the end of current BAEC year and then for the following year?
3) Will I get partner cards when I reach GGL and again when my BAEC year restarts or do I get a second lot when I hit 3,000 points in my new BAEC year?
4) Is the CCR card only valid for 12 months or is it valid until the end of my following membership year?
1) No, see 2.
2) Yes.
3) The former.
4) The latter.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Much the same question from me, but just to clarify, by new membership year, do you mean GGL membership year or general BAEC membership year? Are these still different? Reason I ask is that I will hit 5k points about 5 weeks before the end of my current, BAEC membership year and that has thrown up a few questions...

It's all very confusing. First world life is so tough!!
As I understand it the concept of GGL year has fallen away so you get GGL and the CCR card for the duration of the membership year in which you earn it and the whole of the next year, you may get cards sent with the earlier expiry but they will be replaced in due course.

So:-

1) No
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) No as above for the remainder of current year and all of next.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:25 am

Thanks for the quick answers, guys. It sounds like the best of all worlds! So that means I'm going to have 4 Silver and 2 Gold partner cards to give out in the space of 5 weeks?! Both my daughters will qualify for silver within two weeks of our new membership year starting and my girlfriend has already re-qualified for Gold so I'm going to have a tough time deciding who to give them to!!
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the quick answers, guys. It sounds like the best of all worlds! So that means I'm going to have 4 Silver and 2 Gold partner cards to give out in the space of 5 weeks?! Both my daughters will qualify for silver within two weeks of our new membership year starting and my girlfriend has already re-qualified for Gold so I'm going to have a tough time deciding who to give them to!!
This will depend on the processing going through properly which isn't a given. Mrs LoM didn't show GGL for many weeks after hitting her 2nd annual 3k TPs and over a week after I had hit 5k for the first time I had nothing from BA to confirm it.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:40 am

Rest assured, I will be in full on pester mode as soon as those tier points hit from my trip to Vegas at the end of this month. That CCR card will make my late Friday evening trips to Glasgow far more enjoyable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.