Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dylanks
All British Airways Elemis Travel Spas are indefinitely closed due to covid and are unlikely to return in their previous form.

Elemis Travel Spas are to be found at London Heathrow Terminals 3 and 5, as well as New York JFK Terminal 7.

Eligibility
The travel spas can be used by those travelling longhaul only, departing on BA metal flights. You need to be travelling in Club World, First or a BA Gold cardholder. Arriving eligible longhaul passengers can use the arrivals spa, or airside spas if connecting. There are no facilities for arriving passengers at JFK.

Opening Times

London Heathrow
Terminal 5 - Departures A Gates (airside), South Lounges complex, between the Galleries First lounge and Concorde Room: 07:00-21:00
Terminal 5 - Departures B Gates (airside), within Galleries Club lounge: 07:00-21:00
Terminal 5 - Arrivals (landside): 06:00-14:00
Terminal 3 - Departures (airside), Lounge D complex, between the Galleries First and Galleries Club lounges: 07:00-21:00.

JFK
Terminal 7 - Departures (airside), within Galleries Club lounge: 16:00-22:00

Reservations
Reservations are taken on the day, sometimes the next available appointment maybe several hours away, particularly mid morning and early afternoon. First passengers (revenue, upgrades and Avios tickets) can reserve treatments (LHR departures only) up to 4 weeks in advance by contacting YouFirst:

UK YouFirst: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d=youfirstform
US YouFirst: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...youfirstformna

BA.com Page
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mis-travel-spa

Print Wikipost

Elemis Travel Spa - master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:45 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,
I will be arriving in First and without any connecting flights so I can only use the Arrivals Lounge - I was just wondering - how's the wait for Spa treatments at Arrivals around 6am in the morning?
Is it still not possible to make a reservation via YouFirst for the Arrivals Spa?

Cheers!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
I tried looking in the Wiki as well as thread and did not see if there was any age restrictions for using the Spa.
I have 10 and 15 year old daughters and they would be delighted to have a Spa adventure (Pedicure/Manicure for the 10 year old and Facial for the 15 year old)
In the past the AMEX Platinum Lounge in DFW used to allow kids, but then they stopped. So was wondering, if there was any such restrictions at the Elemis spa?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
I tried looking in the Wiki as well as thread and did not see if there was any age restrictions for using the Spa.
I have 10 and 15 year old daughters and they would be delighted to have a Spa adventure (Pedicure/Manicure for the 10 year old and Facial for the 15 year old)
In the past the AMEX Platinum Lounge in DFW used to allow kids, but then they stopped. So was wondering, if there was any such restrictions at the Elemis spa?
Never mind. Just found out that the minimum age for Spa Treatments at Elemis Spa is 18
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I recently upfared my existing CW LHR-SAN flight to F for my return flight home on Jan 7 next year. I typically fly back on a Sunday to start work again on the Monday, but the Tuesday fare was so much cheaper this go around that I opted to stay a few extra days. I’m going to try once more for the elusive power shave at the Spa on the Tuesday as I’m oh-fer on my requests on Sundays.

The best best part about the upfare was that it was only $353 more for F vs J for the return flight.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by nldogbert
I will be arriving in First and without any connecting flights so I can only use the Arrivals Lounge - I was just wondering - how's the wait for Spa treatments at Arrivals around 6am in the morning?
IIRC, the spa staff don't arrive until about 6 am, so based on my experience if you make the spa desk your first stop when you get there, you should have a good chance of getting a decent slot.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Just managed to book 2 slots (for 2 travellers) but they could only be consecutive not concurrent - is that standard? They cant be limited to a single therapist or booth can they?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Just managed to book 2 slots (for 2 travellers) but they could only be consecutive not concurrent - is that standard? They cant be limited to a single therapist or booth can they?
we too have consecutive appointments, on the upside it means we don't have to store our hand luggage!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
There are multiple therapists and multiple treatment rooms

Availability will depends what treatments you are looking for and who is available at the time. not all the people working can perform all the treatments.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Doing LHR-JFK in June in F. Has the Spa menu at LHR been reduced? Looks like no grooming options - nails etc?

Also seen a message on BA website that the JFK Spa is closed for refurbishment - Does anyone know when the Elemis Spa re-opens there?

thanks!
J
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
YouFirst confirmed that JFK spa due to re-open today and that Menu on website does not show all options.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Newly Renovated LHR Elemis Spas

There is a bit of PR surrounding renovations of the Elemis Spas at LHR, so I thought I’d add this here.

The renovations we’re a collaboration with Kelly Hoppen, she handpicked the soft furnishings apparently.

Heres the BA link to more info:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mis-travel-spa

Here is the Instagram post.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
And a new treatment menu too. Revolves around either face or body, all treatments now have chargeable add-ons for £10. This is in Arrivals, not sure if it's the same story in Departures!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BA6501
And a new treatment menu too. Revolves around either face or body, all treatments now have chargeable add-ons for £10. This is in Arrivals, not sure if it's the same story in Departures!
Yes, it's the same at departures. The "adds on" sound very fancy (LED lighting, oxygen injection, whatever) but I'm not really keen on paying a supplement to add whatever additional goodie to a treatment which remains 15 minutes short anyway. I might consider paying if it made the treatment significantly longer instead.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:10 am

Unless they get more staff the add ons with just mean even less appointments. They seem to only have 2 people working for large parts of the day as it is.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Unless they get more staff the add ons with just mean even less appointments. They seem to only have 2 people working for large parts of the day as it is.
see my earlier post, if i understand correctly, the add ons don’t increase treatment time just add a ‘fancy element’ as part of the existing time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.