Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dylanks
All British Airways Elemis Travel Spas are indefinitely closed due to covid and are unlikely to return in their previous form.

Elemis Travel Spas are to be found at London Heathrow Terminals 3 and 5, as well as New York JFK Terminal 7.

Eligibility
The travel spas can be used by those travelling longhaul only, departing on BA metal flights. You need to be travelling in Club World, First or a BA Gold cardholder. Arriving eligible longhaul passengers can use the arrivals spa, or airside spas if connecting. There are no facilities for arriving passengers at JFK.

Opening Times

London Heathrow
Terminal 5 - Departures A Gates (airside), South Lounges complex, between the Galleries First lounge and Concorde Room: 07:00-21:00
Terminal 5 - Departures B Gates (airside), within Galleries Club lounge: 07:00-21:00
Terminal 5 - Arrivals (landside): 06:00-14:00
Terminal 3 - Departures (airside), Lounge D complex, between the Galleries First and Galleries Club lounges: 07:00-21:00.

JFK
Terminal 7 - Departures (airside), within Galleries Club lounge: 16:00-22:00

Reservations
Reservations are taken on the day, sometimes the next available appointment maybe several hours away, particularly mid morning and early afternoon. First passengers (revenue, upgrades and Avios tickets) can reserve treatments (LHR departures only) up to 4 weeks in advance by contacting YouFirst:

UK YouFirst: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d=youfirstform
US YouFirst: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...youfirstformna

BA.com Page
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mis-travel-spa

Print Wikipost

Elemis Travel Spa - master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And thank you very much for your question Tony Ng, welcome to Flyertalk, and welcome to the British Airways board. It's good to see you here, please stick around and continue to post.

The spa is first come, first served in CW. Pre-reservation is a First perk for departing passengers, and it's not the most reliable one either. So all you can do is turn up in good time and check. For arrivals, there are showers in the Arrival lounge for CW passengers, which is landside, and baths for First passengers, and this is alongside but separately operate from the Arrivals travel spa. Because of the HKG flight times you apparently have a better chance that other passengers, you kind of avoid the peaks, if you can get landside quickly.
For landside, is that mean after the immigration process ?
Old May 24, 2014, 5:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tony Ng
For landside, is that mean after the immigration process ?
Yes, in the airport's public area. So you first go through the UK Border and get your passport dealt with, then collect any luggage you may have, through Customs (if you notice it, it's similar to HKG!) and then out in to the public arrivals area, usually greeting by taxi drivers waving signs. Look for the nearest lift, ahead and slightly to the left, and use that to go up one level to the BA Arrivals lounge for both the shower and travel spa areas. It's clearly signposted.
Old May 24, 2014, 11:15 am

Yes, in the airport's public area. So you first go through the UK Border and get your passport dealt with, then collect any luggage you may have, through Customs (if you notice it, it's similar to HKG!) and then out in to the public arrivals area, usually greeting by taxi drivers waving signs. Look for the nearest lift, ahead and slightly to the left, and use that to go up one level to the BA Arrivals lounge for both the shower and travel spa areas. It's clearly signposted.
Thank you very much, your instruction is so clear
Looking forward to having bath there haha

by the way, I will take BA as well when leaving UK to Munich on BA948 (Club Europe) departing 0700am

For the checkin and baggage checkin, I need to arrive to T5 at 0500, so I decided not to book any hotel that night and stay overnight in the T5, is there any where I could take the bath after my checkin?
When is the earliest time I could drop my baggage ( I suppose is 0500) and which lounge I could access for a bath in the morning.

Thank you again
Old May 24, 2014, 11:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
When is the earliest time I could drop my baggage ( I suppose is 0500) and which lounge I could access for a bath in the morning.

Thank you again
Just for clarification: is the MUC trip immediately after your arrival from HKG? Or is it on a separate day? Different scenarios apply depending on the answer.

You only need to check-in at 06 hrs (or even a little later) for MUC. You best get a hotel if it is another day since you cannot easily stay in T5, it does close overnight, apart from a small and uncomfortable area around arrivals. But there are showers airside too, which you can access if flying CE. Baths are only landside, and strictly speaking reserved for First passengers, but you may be able to charm them into letting you have one, though I don't think your chances are good.
Old May 24, 2014, 12:05 pm

Just for clarification: is the MUC trip immediately after your arrival from HKG? Or is it on a separate day? Different scenarios apply depending on the answer.

You only need to check-in at 06 hrs (or even a little later) for MUC. You best get a hotel if it is another day since you cannot easily stay in T5, it does close overnight, apart from a small and uncomfortable area around arrivals. But there are showers airside too, which you can access if flying CE. Baths are only landside, and strictly speaking reserved for First passengers, but you may be able to charm them into letting you have one, though I don't think your chances are good.
About a week after the arrival from HKG, I think shower would fit me, I think I should be there at 5, once it is available for check baggages, then I could go for shower and Breakfast haha
Old May 24, 2014, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

About a week after the arrival from HKG, I think shower would fit me, I think I should be there at 5, once it is available for check baggages, then I could go for shower and Breakfast haha
Yes, that's fine, you would then be able to use the showers, and have breakfast in the Galleries Club lounges airside, for which South Lounges would be the best choice, but if the SIN and HKG arrivals beat you through security there can be queues there, so your second option would be North Lounges, which tends not to be so popular. You can't use the travel spa on short haul trips, but the showers are available.
Old May 24, 2014, 12:18 pm

Yes, that's fine, you would then be able to use the showers, and have breakfast in the Galleries Club lounges airside, for which South Lounges would be the best choice, but if the SIN and HKG arrivals beat you through security there can be queues there, so your second option would be North Lounges, which tends not to be so popular. You can't use the travel spa on short haul trips, but the showers are available.
why SIN/HKG arrival will beat me through, arent they use the arrival lounge in landside and I will use airside lounge ( Galleries Club ? )
Old May 24, 2014, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

why SIN/HKG arrival will beat me through, arent they use the arrival lounge in landside and I will use airside lounge ( Galleries Club ? )
Over a quarter of those passengers transfer on to another flight, into airside, with you.
Old May 24, 2014, 1:21 pm

Over a quarter of those passengers transfer on to another flight, into airside, with you.
oic thank you for answering my stupid questions.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

oic thank you for answering my stupid questions.
As they say, the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked - well there may be a few exceptions, but your questions will benefit others: we all had to start from somewhere. Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
recently tried a power back and neck massage in T5 arrivals lounge, after an overnight flight from YYZ in F. Very relaxing, quite short but did the trick.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I had the Aviator facial earlier this month before my flight at T5. As ever, short but sweet.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 7Forty7
recently tried a power back and neck massage in T5 arrivals lounge, after an overnight flight from YYZ in F. Very relaxing, quite short but did the trick.
Hello 7Forty7. Welcome to FT!

I was in YYZ a few days ago - flew back on Monday night.

Hope you had a good flight and will stick around to share your experiences.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Hello 7Forty7. Welcome to FT!

I was in YYZ a few days ago - flew back on Monday night.

Hope you had a good flight and will stick around to share your experiences.
Thanks TF

I generally go to YYZ every three months, tend to fly out on the Sat and return mid week as I get a couple of days to look around and the flight is £2k rather than £5k!!!

Last time I flew, some birds hit the 6pm BA flight so it was cancelled and everyone tried to get on my 9pm flight! Mayhem, but they bumped me to F, which was nice on a 747, seat 2K, actually got 4 hours sleep!

Last edited by 7Forty7; May 24, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Old May 24, 2014, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by 7Forty7
I generally go to YYZ every three months, tend to fly out on the Sat and return mid week as I get a couple of days to look around and the flight is £2k rather than £5k!!!

Last time I flew, some birds hit the 6pm BA flight so it was cancelled and everyone tried to get on my 9pm flight! Mayhem, but they bumped me to F, which was nice on a 747, seat 2K, actually got 4 hours sleep!
Great.

Toronto is a good place, except not in the winter!

Good to get £2k J fares.

I enjoy the YYZ lounge - had a good meal in the F lounge and find the manager and staff really good.

Well done on the OpUp - had a good sleep back in 1A on my recent flight on the BA96 - not used to leaving YYZ at 11pm, but good for sleeping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.