Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dylanks
All British Airways Elemis Travel Spas are indefinitely closed due to covid and are unlikely to return in their previous form.

Elemis Travel Spas are to be found at London Heathrow Terminals 3 and 5, as well as New York JFK Terminal 7.

Eligibility
The travel spas can be used by those travelling longhaul only, departing on BA metal flights. You need to be travelling in Club World, First or a BA Gold cardholder. Arriving eligible longhaul passengers can use the arrivals spa, or airside spas if connecting. There are no facilities for arriving passengers at JFK.

Opening Times

London Heathrow
Terminal 5 - Departures A Gates (airside), South Lounges complex, between the Galleries First lounge and Concorde Room: 07:00-21:00
Terminal 5 - Departures B Gates (airside), within Galleries Club lounge: 07:00-21:00
Terminal 5 - Arrivals (landside): 06:00-14:00
Terminal 3 - Departures (airside), Lounge D complex, between the Galleries First and Galleries Club lounges: 07:00-21:00.

JFK
Terminal 7 - Departures (airside), within Galleries Club lounge: 16:00-22:00

Reservations
Reservations are taken on the day, sometimes the next available appointment maybe several hours away, particularly mid morning and early afternoon. First passengers (revenue, upgrades and Avios tickets) can reserve treatments (LHR departures only) up to 4 weeks in advance by contacting YouFirst:

UK YouFirst: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d=youfirstform
US YouFirst: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...youfirstformna

BA.com Page
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mis-travel-spa

Print Wikipost

Elemis Travel Spa - master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Report on the new wet shave service can be found here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post22528211
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
LHR Reservations

How far in advance of your flight can you make reservations when flying in First?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by holocker
How far in advance of your flight can you make reservations when flying in First?
One month (it's in the wiki, but I guess you're using the App!).
Old Mar 21, 2014, 9:40 am

Would flying in BA F on the 08:55 to DME (BA233) qualify for a spa treatment? This route seems to be an oddball, in that it's the only shorthaul with F.

If it helps, I'm flying in on QF9 from Melbourne in F as well.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tng11
Would flying in BA F on the 08:55 to DME (BA233) qualify for a spa treatment? This route seems to be an oddball, in that it's the only shorthaul with F.

If it helps, I'm flying in on QF9 from Melbourne in F as well.
It's not regarded as a shorthaul, so you should be OK, other than perhaps the time in the morning. So I'd contact You First and get your slot booked. The Qantas flight makes no difference one way or the other.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:03 pm

Can anyone tell me if the pre booking service is still working for f passengers please?

Edit- from above it looks like you can only book a month in advance

Last edited by kitbag1984; Mar 21, 2014 at 3:29 pm
Old Mar 22, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors
YouFirst quoted 28 days in advance when I enquired.

Phoned up exactly 28 days before our SFO flights and had no problem getting reservations.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:17 am

It's worth noting the 28 day mark. I phoned the week before and was told I was too early.

Phoned back about a week later - around 24 days out and was told I was too late as there were no appointments left. I expressed my disappointment politely, and was told to ask on the day as they hold some walk-in slots for F pax.

So I did. And despite having 4 hours at T5, they couldn't offer us anything then either.

So in future, I think I will make a note to call exactly 28 days out.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:08 pm

Does anyone know if any of the following are 'real' massages by an actual person, or do they all use those armchairs?

Muscle-Ease Power Back Massage
For the ultimate journey! Feel recharged and energised as we knead away tired, aching muscles from the back, neck and shoulders.

Dream Flight Back Massage
Take flight! Feel stress-less and rejuvenated as we ease away muscle tension and stiffness from the back, neck and shoulders.

Pre-Flight Reviver - Neck & Shoulder
Loosen up! Melt away tension in the neck and shoulders to help alleviate stress and leave you feeling revitalised.

Deep Relax Scalp Massage
The pressure’s on! Help release tension headaches and feel travel-ready with an intensely relaxing scalp massage.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's not regarded as a shorthaul, so you should be OK, other than perhaps the time in the morning. So I'd contact You First and get your slot booked. The Qantas flight makes no difference one way or the other.
Called 28 days out - appointment booked, no problem for 7am. The cherry on top after almost 24 hours of flying QF F.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:21 am

Can anyone comment on walk-in availability earlier in the morning? I'm on 0053 to SEA later this month in CW. Was thinking maybe get there close to 7, book a wet shave or a massage (both if I have time), grab a bite, and board.

Am I competing with a number of other flights early in the morning?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Club Carlson Gold,
Does anyone know if any of the following are 'real' massages by an actual person, or do they all use those armchairs?
Pre-Flight Reviver - Neck & Shoulder - I had this treatment recently and it was the chair plus a person doing the massage. I am pretty sure all four treatments you listed are the same. Duration of treatment is 15 minutes.
Old May 23, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club
I am trying in BA028 from HKG to LHR in Club World, How could I book the spa?
As I read the post, people who are travelling in F could book the spa in advance, how about J?

another OT question is, is there any bathing facilitates in the arrival lounge?
Thank you very MUCH
Old May 23, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Tony Ng
I am trying in BA028 from HKG to LHR in Club World, How could I book the spa?
As I read the post, people who are travelling in F could book the spa in advance, how about J?

another OT question is, is there any bathing facilitates in the arrival lounge?
Thank you very MUCH
Hello Tony Ng, and welcome to FT!

Unfortunately, you will not be able to book a treatment in advance, which is restricted to F passengers. It is worth trying to see if there is an appointment when you arrive at T5 and if your flight is from B gates, there too.

There are showers in the departure lounge complex and also in the arrivals lounge.
Old May 23, 2014, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Welcome Tony Ng

Originally Posted by Tony Ng
Thank you very MUCH
And thank you very much for your question Tony Ng, welcome to Flyertalk, and welcome to the British Airways board. It's good to see you here, please stick around and continue to post.

The spa is first come, first served in CW. Pre-reservation is a First perk for departing passengers, and it's not the most reliable one either. So all you can do is turn up in good time and check. For arrivals, there are showers in the Arrival lounge for CW passengers, which is landside, and baths for First passengers, and this is alongside but separately operate from the Arrivals travel spa. Because of the HKG flight times you apparently have a better chance that other passengers, you kind of avoid the peaks, if you can get landside quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.