Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Elemis Spa T5 has been redone and is adding new treatments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

I just went in for a facial and saw that the layout has changed completely and they have new massage chairs. They said they are adding several new treatments including nails, eyebrows, lashes, and a Gentlemen's Shave! Can't wait to try that out next time.

The new treatments are rolling out over the next few days.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:11 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Now they just need to give GGLs book-ability.

Sounds like a good new menu. I wonder how many day's chin growth they can accommodate.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA ExecPlat, TK Elite
It's great to see Elemis adding new services, I just hope they add more therapists as well.
Every single time I want an appointment during a layover, the next available timeslot is always ~4 hours away, which naturally is longer than the average layover time.
No doubt F class pax take advantage of being able to pre-book services, leaving CW and gol card holders with little chances of getting an appointment. BA should maybe think of opening a separate facility and divide F and CW/Gold pax, by maybe offering a different menu on the F side, like TG in BKK or QF in SYD/MEL.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LX64A332
It's great to see Elemis adding new services, I just hope they add more therapists as well.
Every single time I want an appointment during a layover, the next available timeslot is always ~4 hours away,
I had a good long layover of 3+ hours today, but when I arrive just before noon they gave me a 2pm slot. And it was quite busy in the lounges today.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Many thanks to stimpy for pointing out the new menu.

Full details are on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stimpy
They said they are adding several new treatments including nails, eyebrows, lashes, and a Gentlemen's Shave! Can't wait to try that out next time.

The new treatments are rolling out over the next few days.
The lashes treatment can't be for men?

It would seem very odd if it is.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel ŕ PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by HIDDY
The lashes treatment can't be for men?

It would seem very odd if it is.
You'd be surprised HIDDY - as a doctor who dabbles in private practice, cosmetic surgery in men is growing very fast indeed. Eye lifts in particular from what I've seen. Amazing given the cost - I though men were usually more 'grounded'
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:08 pm

Are any of their massages by a real person, or is it massage chairs only? I'm flying F soon and looking to pre-book something but don't think that a massage chair will feel like I'm getting the most from my money.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AllTheNines
Are any of their massages by a real person, or is it massage chairs only? I'm flying F soon and looking to pre-book something but don't think that a massage chair will feel like I'm getting the most from my money.
No humans. That's what we are saying above about the MB spa. We used to get a nice lass to rub us down. Probably some harridan complained and now it's all done by machines.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by stimpy
No humans. That's what we are saying above about the MB spa. We used to get a nice lass to rub us down. Probably some harridan complained and now it's all done by machines.
I've had 'proper' back/neck/shoulder massages in T5 though they have tended to be a bit disappointing.

Curious about the shave- has anyone experienced this?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:56 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
Curious about the shave- has anyone experienced this?
I wanted to try the shave this morning, but they told me the girls/guys for that are still in training so I had to take the shoulder/neck massage, which is performed by a human. You'll be seated in a massage chair for the rest though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.