Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Golds using the Galleries Club Lounges - Is it common?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Golds using the Galleries Club Lounges - Is it common?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
I have noticed several times that when I have been in T5A GC South there have been a few folks here and there with Gold luggage tags within, no more than say 5-6. The same with GC North on a few occasions.

1) I was just curious if some GCH's use the GC lounges for a change now and again?

2) Or is it more convenience depending where your flight is leaving from?

3) Maybe they were GCH's previously but just can't bear to let go and change their Gold Car tag?

4) Any other reasons?

Humorous replies always welcome

Pete
It's very common in fact and Nanny would never have approved. Rather like all the people on here who keep referring to serviettes and demanding bread plates. Leave them alone to enjoy their tea and buns I say.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BotB
What about all the gold card holders that are incognito PETER01? I for one swap my tags to poo coloured ones before going into any Club lounges

Yes, get back to your own Lounge

I've gone in a few times when travelling with more than one person and therefore not able to guest them all into the Flounge.

Besides, it's always good to see how the lower folk get on, I like to think of it as charity work, spreading a smile and a wave here and there before returning to civilisation

I'm surprised you could spot such things actually as you are usually being pampered in the CCR!

You're probably right there!
PS: I hope you're back on here more!

Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
I know this is odd: but I like the slightly more "busier" feel, a buzz if you will, of GC. And I think the eye candy can be much better, and lets face it people watching is a part of lounge going, isn't it? Granted, if I found GC too busy then I probably would retreat to FL.

But then there's always something deep inside me that is saying I'm not really a FL kind of guy. If that translated to cabins, I think my spiritual home on board is somewhere in between WTP and CW. And no, I don't mean a loo.
@ my bolding: I never thought of that....... (officially ) but I have noticed that the FLounge/CCR seems to be far more occupied by males.

Anyhow, all yee Golds.......get back to your own Lounge and stop cluttering up GC Lounges, no wonder it is crowded (joke!)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I thought all the lounges opened at the same time now.

When T5 first opened I think one of the lounge opened half an hour earlier than the other.

Regards

TBS
You're spot on. North use to open at 5am with south opening at 5.30am.

Everything now opens up at 5am.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angatol
Ice cream
Silly question time for me. Why is there no Ice Cream in the FLounge then?

Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
You're spot on. North use to open at 5am with south opening at 5.30am.

Everything now opens up at 5am.
Thanks for that.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Some of the people with Gold baggage tags are perhaps now Silver - and have just 'forgotten' to change their bag tags.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Once while travelling in F I went to GC South because I only had about 20 minutes to spare and just wanted a quick drink and knew it would be at least half an hour before I'd get anything in the CCR. The lounge agent didn't understand why I was doing this
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
Some of the people with Gold baggage tags are perhaps now Silver - and have just 'forgotten' to change their bag tags.
Probably. Have you 'forgotten' to change yours?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Once while travelling in F I went to GC South because I only had about 20 minutes to spare and just wanted a quick drink and knew it would be at least half an hour before I'd get anything in the CCR. The lounge agent didn't understand why I was doing this
I had that once when I had a very long layover and went straight to the FLounge instead of the CCR. The FLounge lady was bemused that I wanted to go in there and not the CCR, which I did later on.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looks can be deceptive........the wife and I both had Gold bag tags on when we went through GC South this year.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Looks can be deceptive........the wife and I both had Gold bag tags on when we went through GC South this year.
Indeed they can. Wouldn't surprise me if there were a few very rich folks who travel in Y. I'm sure I read an article on that years ago but I can't remember where.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Indeed they can. Wouldn't surprise me if there were a few very rich folks who travel in Y. I'm sure I read an article on that years ago but I can't remember where.
I know one very wealthy gentleman here who flies to London on BA. When I asked him what he thought of the Club World product he replied "I don't know I always fly economy".
I was quite taken aback but my wife told me he has always been a right stingy.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Originally Posted by Genius1
I actually still see a good scattering of the old bag tags on passengers luggage. Tags from a few years ago before the last BAEC revamp.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Pete

I go up there to remind myself why I do TP runs

And they do a quiche at lunch which is nicer than the rubbish in the GF lounge!

aks120
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:23 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others

I am new to Silver so you are saying GC South opens before GC North? I didn't know that, thanks.
Greetings - how's the head? You finally ditched the photo spoiling muddy brown card did you then? Well done!

I've been in GC twice in my life. Once when there was a group going of us going skiing and I sat with all my unwashed mates and assorted wives, mistresses, girlfriends and floozies, the other when a client was already ensconced in GC North - I thought best not tell him what he was missing elsewhere!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Ach, those luggage tags.

I always seem to risk life and limb when entering any BA lounge with my LH branded Rimowa with an LH SEN tag... travelling is an adventure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.