Club World with infant seating questions

Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
There is the option of using the seat (which does recline) instead of the cot although this may not be ideal if your little one doesn't like sleeping on their back.
Apologies if I'm being dozy (highly likely!) do you mean the car seat or the airline seat - if the latter (which I think you do), why can't they sleep in a position other than on their back ? I had been planning on trying to use the baby seat belt attachment to somehow fasten our little one (16 months) to the main seatbelt so she doesn't go walkies in the night then she'd be able to wriggle round and sleep in the usual bum up head down position - is there a fatal flaw in my plan ?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The seat I'm referring to is the one in the link I posted above. It's the Britax seat which should be readily available inboard and it is secured onto the same "shelf" that the cot goes on.

In our experience it only works for back sleeping as it is a hammock of sorts and front or side sleeping would be pretty uncomfortable. Master Steve ZA prefers front sleeping so the seat isn't brilliant, because of this I normally try and find and empty seat close by so that he can sleep on my seat. Also turbulence is basically guaranteed on the route we fly most often so we need to get him out of the seat in the middle of the night which is suboptimal.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:09 am

Hi Steve ZA,

What would your best advise for a active tummy sleeper 20 month old? Flying from Vancouver to London (9.5 hrs).

Does your son sleep on you?

Does the seat recline all the way?

Many Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by shetland
Hi Steve ZA,

What would your best advise for a active tummy sleeper 20 month old? Flying from Vancouver to London (9.5 hrs).

Does your son sleep on you?

Does the seat recline all the way?

Many Thanks
Hi shetland (and welcome to FT)

The seat doesn't recline flat so tummy sleeping is not an option. In all but one of the flights we took with him before he turned 2, I managed to find a seat elsewhere so that he could lie on my seat.

The last flight (JNB-LHR) was full and we managed to get him to sleep across the EF pair. If you didn't know already sleeping in the floor isn't allowed for safety reasons but this would be the ideal solution if it were possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.