FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   FlyBe Codeshare MAN-HEL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1528797-flybe-codeshare-man-hel.html)

DYKWIA Dec 8, 2013 5:13 am

FlyBe Codeshare MAN-HEL

I've just noticed that I can book a MAN-HEL flight on the BA website. It's operated by FlyBe, and shows as :-

BA6004 - FlyBe For Finnair

Would I have any issues getting into the BA lounge with a CX Gold Card, as it's booked on a BA flight number?

Also, I assume this would be 20 TPs each way?

Ta!

corporate-wage-slave Dec 8, 2013 5:19 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 21925218)
I've just noticed that I can book a MAN-HEL flight on the BA website. It's operated by FlyBe, and shows as :-

BA6004 - FlyBe For Finnair

Would I have any issues getting into the BA lounge with a CX Gold Card, as it's booked on a BA flight number?

Also, I assume this would be 20 TPs each way?

You won't get into the BA lounge since the Finnair departure is from Terminal 1, not terminal 3. I think there is a Servisair-style arrangement with the upstairs Escape lounge instead, which is probably a good idea since there is at least one member of the BA lounge in Manchester who would find an excellent reason for keeping you out!

As for the TPs (I presume this is cheapo Y), theoretically you don't get TPs, since it's Flybe operated, but I believe in reality you do get them.

DYKWIA Dec 8, 2013 5:56 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 21925230)
You won't get into the BA lounge since the Finnair departure is from Terminal 1, not terminal 3. I think there is a Servisair-style arrangement with the upstairs Escape lounge instead, which is probably a good idea since there is at least one member of the BA lounge in Manchester who would find an excellent reason for keeping you out!

As for the TPs (I presume this is cheapo Y), theoretically you don't get TPs, since it's Flybe operated, but I believe in reality you do get them.

Ta! I thought FlyBe were in T3?

corporate-wage-slave Dec 8, 2013 6:26 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 21925327)
Ta! I thought FlyBe were in T3?

Yes, you are correct, Flybe is in T3; but this is Finnair, with Flybe as aircraft operator, and strictly speaking a different JV company to Flybe UK. A quick look at the flight departures screen on Manchester Airport's website confirms this flight departs from T1.

Chandler Bing Dec 8, 2013 7:13 am

I fly this route semi-regularly, and it is indeed operated by FlyBE Nordic for Finnair. This is just another cost cutting operation by AY (FlyBE Nordic also operate most of the intra-Finland routes for AY).They operate from T1 as per when they still used AY metal on the route. I can also confirm that you do earn TP's.

kaerast Dec 8, 2013 7:27 am

They do indeed fly from T1. I earned 20 tier points and 282 avios each way when I did it a couple of months ago, booked in Y through a travel agent as part of a group tour. Helsinki's a really nice airport from the brief time I had there.

03-Oct-13 Flights HEL MAN 20 282
03-Oct-13 Flights TLL HEL 10 125
26-Sep-13 Flights HEL VNO 10 125
26-Sep-13 Flights MAN HEL 20 282

Andriyko Dec 8, 2013 9:34 am

TPs and Avios are always awarded as long as the flight is booked under BA code. It does not matter which airline is operating the flight.

db7 Dec 8, 2013 2:14 pm

All AY2XXX flights get tp and avios. Normally take 4-5 days to post

paulwuk Dec 8, 2013 3:15 pm

I was looking at this flight for New Years. Economy tickets are currently £700 return (out B, return in business in D). Why aren't Ba on this route?!

No rfs options. There is availability on the days I'm interested in, but it's in business.

The plane is an e190, so 2-2 throughout, no benefit to business other than a £5 microwave meal.

And as its not RFS there's lots of tax and fuel to pay for.

But it's a 3 Hour flight rather than 7 hours via heathrow.

cornishsimon Dec 8, 2013 5:48 pm

Have always wondered why BA cityflyer don't look at doing some scheduled flights ex EDI, GLA, MAN etc.

They even have bases at EDI and GLA so why not fit in a EDI-JER etc during any down time or weekends Etc

cs

mayodave Dec 8, 2013 8:55 pm

Good luck trying to explain your BA perks with the flymaybe groundstaff, like why you think you dont have to pay for luggage or the fact your hand luggage is way to big for a flymaybe coke can of a plane.

Tohe Dec 9, 2013 12:21 pm

The thing with FlyBe for Finnair is just principled. In practic it's just a Finnair flight. No change to avios or tiers or what so ever. The E190's used to belong to Finnair, but now FlyBe Nordic operates them. Nothing has changed except the little sticker on the fuselage. They still welcome you to a Finnair flight, no words about FlyBe. Helsinki is a nice place, I live here :D !

-T

DYKWIA Dec 9, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks, looks like I may be there for a few months starting very soon!

patgarrett Mar 26, 2015 1:34 pm

I used Avios to book MAN-MXP on FlyBe - will I have access to the BA lounge in T3?
Thanks!

Flythe96flag Mar 26, 2015 1:38 pm

Lounge access is given on the FlyBe codeshares MAN-HEL, only because they are operated by FlyBe nordic which is a OneWorld affiliate, being owned partly by Finnair. Keep in mind this is a separate entity from FlyBe UK, and thus your flight is not subject to the same agreement.

Whether or not BA has a separate lounge policy with FlyBe, I am unaware.

(Unless you are doing MAN-HEL-MXP on an AY-coded ticket, in which case you would have lounge access.)