Wiki Posts
Search

FlyBe Codeshare MAN-HEL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:39 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patgarrett
I used Avios to book MAN-MXP on FlyBe - will I have access to the BA lounge in T3?
Thanks!
I don't think so. FlyBe are not part of OneWorld.

FlyBe did have their own lounge until fairly recently. However, it's now an airport operated pay (or Priority Pass) lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

FlyBe did have their own lounge until fairly recently. However, it's now an airport operated pay (or Priority Pass) lounge.
Thanks DYKWIA.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

Actually FlyBe is a OneWorld affiliate airline so benefits should apply on the MAN-HEL route, unless I am reading this page incorrectly.

http://www.oneworld.com/member-airli...ine-affiliates

The difficulty with using the BA lounge is that it is my understanding that FlyBe uses T1 not T3.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
But Flybe aren't one of the BA affiliates in your link?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 3:53 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Actually FlyBe is a OneWorld affiliate airline so benefits should apply on the MAN-HEL route, unless I am reading this page incorrectly.

http://www.oneworld.com/member-airli...ine-affiliates

The difficulty with using the BA lounge is that it is my understanding that FlyBe uses T1 not T3.
Benefits do apply for MAN-HEL since it is an AY flight albeit operated by flybe. I don't think anyone suggested BA/oneworld status benefits wouldn't apply on that that route.

DYKWIA was stating benefits don't apply for a purely flybe routs such as MAN-MXP.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
FlyBe Codeshare MAN-HEL

But it's not operated by flybe as we know it. It's a plane with Finnair on the outside and Finnair service inside with Finnish crew including a hot meal in J. And no sign of purple anywhere.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
FlyBe Codeshare MAN-HEL

Man-HEL? It most certainly is operated by flybe. The plane and crew are flybe. It says as much on the ay site when booking. As you say the plane and crew are all in ay colours though.

EDIT: see screenshot from AY site.

I think quite a few HEL shorthaul services services to Europe and some Finland domestic services are operated by Flybe Nordic - the BRU-HEL one I was on a few months ago was for example. HEL-LHR is AY mainline though.

In fact, looking at wikipedia it seems it is now named Nordic Regional Airlines but was previsouly known as Flybe Nordic. Certainly for HEL to MAN and other shorthaul destinations you get normal oneworld benefits. The planes and crew are all in AY colours and the service conforms to AY's service.

Last edited by KARFA; Jun 26, 2015 at 1:36 am
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
FlyBe Codeshare MAN-HEL

You definitely get OneWorld benefits on this route.

I flew HEL-RIX on an AY flight operated by Flybe, with Flybe crew and a Flybe-painted aircraft. Got full OW benefits.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 4:58 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
Flybe Nordic took over the running of the Finncom routes for AY. They have now pulled out of the arrangement and flights are now operated by pulled out of the Finnair operations and the company Nordic Regional Airlines has been set up to run the routes. Flybe Nordic was separate from Flybe and apart from a few routes they run under there own name were eligible for OW benefits. There is a long discussion on the Finnair forum
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by db7
Flybe Nordic took over the running of the Finncom routes for AY. They have now pulled out of the arrangement and flights are now operated by pulled out of the Finnair operations and the company Nordic Regional Airlines has been set up to run the routes. Flybe Nordic was separate from Flybe and apart from a few routes they run under there own name were eligible for OW benefits. There is a long discussion on the Finnair forum
Indeed, abbreviated and stylised as 'Norra', for cabin announcements etc.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Booked on Finnair Website and got 20 TP's each way.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Just to follow up on this as it was bumped...

I did indeed become regular on this route for a few months, and I still make the journey every couple of months.

The Finnair/FlyBe flights are pleasant enough, and have been very reliable time wise. Everything in Y is BOB - which is quite good as I can order 4 wines without feeling guilty

I tended to use the Almost @Home lounge rather than the Finnair lounge at HEL. However, the new Finnair lounge is very nice, so I went there a couple of times recently. My BA status expires next week, so it will be back to Almost @Home.

One thing I noticed was that booking the BA code always put me in Economy+ on AY. So, I got to choose a seat near the front.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by KARFA
Benefits do apply for MAN-HEL since it is an AY flight albeit operated by flybe. I don't think anyone suggested BA/oneworld status benefits wouldn't apply on that that route.

DYKWIA was stating benefits don't apply for a purely flybe routs such as MAN-MXP.
Gotcha. I totally missed the MAN-MXP bit, still had MAN-HEL on my brain.

I am curious if anyone knows if any of the T1 lounges have showers? My research shows no so far. I will be on this route on Saturday and have a bit of time on my connection and would like to get a shower this trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.