I am so done with BA

Old Dec 4, 13, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
I am so done with BA

I guess BA and I are just not made for each other.

Surprise, surprise. Our 3:00PM LHR-LAX A380 was cancelled after a 70 minute delay (a "very minor technical issue" turned into a fuel leak ) and rescheduled to an 8:00PM 744 departure. Any guess as to whether it is old or new First?

While mechanicals happen and I'd rather they find the problem on the ground, not too impressive with how BA handles IRROPS. Cabin crew announced that F pax would be let off first, rebooking agents would be at the top of the escalator/stairs at the gate to assist with rebooking and/or new BPs. LOL. Ten minutes later, everyone was let off all at once. The only staff at the gate were two agents handing out 10 World Traveler vouchers.

Down the C concourse, the 5 person Customer Service desk couldn't process any changes and didn't even know the LAX flight had been cancelled. Told us to walk thru the underground walkway to the B lounge.

I was the first in line with rebooking agent at 4:25P. Naturally, she didn't know anything about the LAX flight. Tried to get her to rebook us on the wide open 5:00PM IAD flight which would at least get us home tonight. Of course by that time (4:25P) "sorry sir, that flight is already closed". Same story when she called someone else.

So how about seat assignments to LAX? Since 2EF doesn't exist on the 744, naturally we've been assigned 5AK. At least we're closest to the galley and the loos.

Trip report coming with lots of pretty A380 pics. Seats are comfy, tasting menu and wine list actually looked pretty nice. Hopefully it's the same on our no doubt old F 744.
Old Dec 4, 13, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Oh dear. Sorry to hear that.

I love how they blatantly lie "a minor technical issue" lol. So minor that the aircraft won't be used. Hmm.

Hope you get to lax safely.
Old Dec 4, 13, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Sorry to hear that SFO777, I hope you can get home safely and quickly.
I was looking forward to hearing of your opinion about BA A380's First, I hope you can get at least NF on the replacement 747.
Old Dec 4, 13, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
There is no 8:00 PM flight to LAX, so are you rerouted through JFK? if so it should be NF.

Shame you didnt get to try out the a380, but better safe than sorry.
Looking forward to the last installments of the TR
Old Dec 4, 13, 12:04 pm

Actually your replacement aircraft has NF, enjoy..

Last edited by BApilotinsider; Dec 4, 13 at 12:13 pm
Old Dec 4, 13, 12:16 pm

Hope it all goes well this evening. Have a safe flight.

Palmer
Old Dec 4, 13, 12:18 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

It doesn't help now, but the two times this has happened to me (once in WT+ and other in Club) is to ring BA - they couldn't confirm me, but both times they held seats on the next flight and I got it sorted at ticketing. On the WT+ I was in a long queue with people being sent away - there was surprise I was on the next flight (ahead of people in other cabins! The agent asked who I knew at BA!!)
Old Dec 4, 13, 12:19 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United Silver, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
There is no 8:00 PM flight to LAX, so are you rerouted through JFK? if so it should be NF.
While there is no 8pm LAX flight per se, what stops it being a delayed 3pm flight on a different plane?
Old Dec 4, 13, 12:23 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Which is exactly what it is!
Old Dec 4, 13, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by techie View Post
While there is no 8pm LAX flight per se, what stops it being a delayed 3pm flight on a different plane?
Yep i cant read!

SFO states it was rescheduled, i just thought he was re-booked onto a JFK flight.
Old Dec 4, 13, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United Silver, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
I bet OP is looking forward to getting about GBP 500 in compensation based on length of delay and distance of flight
Old Dec 4, 13, 2:17 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
DOnt forget EU compensation and a shed load of avios for 2 F tickets you'll get through it I'd imagine
Old Dec 4, 13, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider View Post
Actually your replacement aircraft has NF, enjoy..
Thanks. Just boarded our 8pm departure and it is indeed NF. Thinking that 5AK are probably better than the two row 4/5 middles anyway.

Originally Posted by techie View Post
I bet OP is looking forward to getting about GBP 500 in compensation based on length of delay and distance of flight
Thanks for more good news. FWIW, they were A class revenue tickets. Should just about pay for Mrs. SFO's shopping this morning.
Old Dec 4, 13, 2:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

I know you must be a tad disappointed not just with the aircraft substitution but also the delay. I hope your crew offsets this and are able to give you both extra TLC.

Sorry I missed you. <waving at you from the Flounge>

Safe travels
Old Dec 4, 13, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
I know you must be a tad disappointed not just with the aircraft substitution but also the delay. I hope your crew offsets this and are able to give you both extra TLC.
Sorry I missed you. <waving at you from the Flounge>
Safe travels
Thanks Prospero.
BTW, this just keeps getting better. "Sorry for the delay but we have a passenger who is ill. We are waiting for the paramedics to arrive and take him away". You can't make up this stuff.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: