Response to Complaint

Old Nov 30, 13, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Response to Complaint

I have just received a response to a complaint to BA which is most unsatisfactory in that they have not responded to any of the issues raised. My complaint was a very logical, polite letter, I did not suggest an unreasonable amount of compensation or anything silly. It was as if they were replying to a different complaint and had not read the whole thing fully.

With the benefit of a glass of wine I just briefly replied that they appeared not to have read my complaint and would they do so and reply accordingly!

To be honest I feel like phoning up and having a right old rant, I am far more annoyed now that I was in the first place! Any suggestions on what to do next welcome.
Old Nov 30, 13, 3:17 pm

Programs: LY Gold; BA Silver;
Response to Complaint

If you copy the complaint and response to here, we could also give you our opinion regarding them...
Old Nov 30, 13, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Pretty typical, I have given up complaining as all you get is bland marketing boilerplate.
Old Nov 30, 13, 3:23 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
You say you didn't request "an unreasonable amount" of compensation, which suggests you did suggest an amount.

What was the nature of your complaint?

Last edited by nux; Nov 30, 13 at 3:36 pm
Old Nov 30, 13, 3:32 pm

Call them. Give it socks. Don't swear but get it off your chest.

Afterwards you'll feel much better and that next glass of wine will taste superb.

Nothing will come of it of course but you'll feel better!
Old Nov 30, 13, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
sandj

It is always frustrating when we get a response which we feel does not satisfy the original complaint.

However, without more thread specific information, I'm afraid this will rapidly decay into a low quality thread and I fear you will again not receive the response you were hoping for.

Regards
Old Nov 30, 13, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by PrimaVista View Post
sandj

It is always frustrating when we get a response which we feel does not satisfy the original complaint.

However, without more thread specific information, I'm afraid this will rapidly decay into a low quality thread and I fear you will again not receive the response you were hoping for.

Regards
Yeah, I want to see the response. Then we can report how many times we have received each of the paragraphs already. Because they seldom vary, no matter if you complain about meal, seat or lounge...

It seems that it's your first time with BA's complaints, so I would suggest to write back, they will get to the point eventually (one follow up is usually enough). Or you can phone, it might be better there (I have never complained via phone).
Old Nov 30, 13, 4:24 pm

Same happened to my complaint, but it worked out in our favour.
Old Dec 1, 13, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. So I was correct in just replying and referring them to my complaint. How long would I reasonably expect to wait for a second response.

And I did not name an amount of compensation, just requested compensation for the way they had dealt with a problem.

I have never complained to BA before, in fact my only dealing with CS was to praise a cabin crew member for service above and beyond the call of duty!
Old Dec 1, 13, 8:50 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by sandj View Post
Thanks for your responses. So I was correct in just replying and referring them to my complaint. How long would I reasonably expect to wait for a second response.

And I did not name an amount of compensation, just requested compensation for the way they had dealt with a problem.

I have never complained to BA before, in fact my only dealing with CS was to praise a cabin crew member for service above and beyond the call of duty!
Hi,

BA works in mysterious and cumbersome ways but in my experience tends to be reasonable and good - but often feels slow. But the replies do feeel in my experience that someone has read and understood the complaint, and that is often better than a quick "fire-off" a response. Actually - I'd go further and say the offers of compensation were often generous. You don't need to state what compensation you want unless there's something unique about your loss or claim. Just wait and see.

I'd just wait and be patient for a couple of more weeks and see what you are offered and the response and then if you are unhappy say so to BA and ask for help here if you need.
Old Dec 1, 13, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sandj View Post

As mentioned by others, it is hard for any of us to make any comment when things are phrased in such general terms. We do not know what your complaint involves, we do not know what sort of compensation is envisaged nor whether it is a matter that would qualify for compensation, and we do not know what they have answered. To the extent that what disappointed you in BA's answer is that it is apparently a generic answer not pertaining to the specifics of your situation, you will easily understand why none of us would precisely feel comfortable giving you a generic answer not pertaining to specifics when it comes to either the nature of the answer you received or how long it might take for a further answer to come.
Old Dec 1, 13, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
As mentioned by others, it is hard for any of us to make any comment when things are phrased in such general terms. We do not know what your complaint involves, we do not know what sort of compensation is envisaged nor whether it is a matter that would qualify for compensation, and we do not know what they have answered. To the extent that what disappointed you in BA's answer is that it is apparently a generic answer not pertaining to the specifics of your situation, you will easily understand why none of us would precisely feel comfortable giving you a generic answer not pertaining to specifics when it comes to either the nature of the answer you received or how long it might take for a further answer to come.
Fair enough, however I do not want to go into the specific details here.
I was just after more general advice on the way to proceed. This is not something I am going to lose any sleep over, however I shall chip away at BA until I get a reply addressing my specific complaints!
Old Dec 1, 13, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
This is a common problem with BA, although more recently I think they've been a bit better.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-response.html
Old Dec 1, 13, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Afraid it's a fact of life that "Customer Services" seems to equal "Department of Fobbing Off". Waiting weeks for bland canned replies and marketing spin seems to be the order of the day. It doesn't inspire you with confidence that your comments matter and anything will change, does it?

Still waiting for promised Avios to credit from my last response, too.

Tossing up whether to bother complaining that of the 8 BA flights I took in 5 weeks over September and October, all but one were at least 30 minutes late, and half were an hour or more late.

Mike
Old Dec 1, 13, 10:55 am

Response to Complaint

I have submitted a 2-3 complaints forms to BA over past few years. Each time I ticked the box saying that I'd appreciate a reply but have never had one....ever.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: