Search

someone steal the horse from GF @ LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:08 pm
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card

I just checked out the SLS in LA and staring at my in the lobby is what has to be the same exact statue. Surely no one commissioned a second?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
They're not exclusive to BA! Anybody can buy them: http://www.moooi.com/products/horse-lamp

I think BA have 3 of them - one at the entrance to GF, one at the entrance to GC South and one on the CCR terrace.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by bdohmen
I just checked out the SLS in LA and staring at my in the lobby is what has to be the same exact statue. Surely no one commissioned a second?
Must have been a job lot or it is a good runner because there is one in the lobby of the Sandman hotel in Newcastle!

They are certainly an acquired taste!

[IMG][/IMG]

"Horse Lamp is a totally unique piece that commands attention in any space"

Seemingly not that 'unique'!

Last edited by passy777; Nov 24, 2013 at 12:30 pm
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)
I though the headline to this was a request...I'd just like it if someone got rid of it and replaced it with something more useful like a sushi bar.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
I though the headline to this was a request...I'd just like it if someone got rid of it and replaced it with something more useful like a sushi bar.
Or perhaps mechanise the thing and convert it into a 'Bucking Bronco' to add a little entertainment for weary travellers!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
I think BA have 3 of them - one at the entrance to GF, one at the entrance to GC South and one on the CCR terrace.
I seem to remember (but am of course happy to be corrected) that there are two at the entrance to GF, one on the east side and the other the west.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by bdohmen
On a related note, didn't they reintroduce the burgers at Flounge?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
On a related note, didn't they reintroduce the burgers at Flounge?
Yes they did but they have just changed the very nice warm Salt Beef baguette to a just reasonable pulled pork sandwich
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by matthewuk
Yes they did but they have just changed the very nice warm Salt Beef baguette to a just reasonable pulled pork sandwich
But salt beef and red cabbage is not a marriage made in heaven IMHO.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Embuexpat
Sauerkraut, however... but I ain't waiting up nights to see that on a lounge menu, not even with Lufthansa!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
They have one of those horses in the restaurant at the Sheraton Wall Centre in Vancouver - was sporting arm-bands on its ankles when I saw it....
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Sauerkraut, however... but I ain't waiting up nights to see that on a lounge menu, not even with Lufthansa!
Thinking about it, choucroute garnie would be an excellent dish for CW - reheats well, and the Royale version would do for F.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:56 pm

Quite tasty imho - made a nice change from the insipid finger sandwiches on offer...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I seem to remember (but am of course happy to be corrected) that there are two at the entrance to GF, one on the east side and the other the west.
Yes, there definitely used to be, but I think when they had two in the GF entrance, they didn't have one at the GC South entrance... Not totally sure though!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Thinking about it, choucroute garnie would be an excellent dish for CW - reheats well, and the Royale version would do for F.
It would be lovely, and so healthy - low carb and all that - but my dear, the whiff!

With a thousand apologies for going off-off-off topic, I am likely to spend a lot of next year in São Paulo. Can you get sauerkraut over there? I might go mad otherwise - and I imagine I could get arrested if I try to smuggle it in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.