Wiki Posts
Search

Where can I find my Executive Club PIN?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Where can I find my Executive Club PIN?

When I try to link my Executive Club account to MR, it asks me for a PIN... I enter what I think is my PIN, but then it says authentication fails... Where can I retrieve my PIN? BA website seems to return only my password!

thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by CXtoQF
When I try to link my Executive Club account to MR, it asks me for a PIN... I enter what I think is my PIN, but then it says authentication fails... Where can I retrieve my PIN? BA website seems to return only my password!

thanks!
PINs are being phased out and for most people ba.com won't accept your PIN anymore. You need to use your password.
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nt-access.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...in-oddity.html
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by CXtoQF

thanks!
PINs have been replaced with passwords. Over time all users will have to change their PIN to a password and unfortunately once you change to a password your PIN no longer exists.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So how do I link my Amex account? It specifically asks me for a 4-digit pin...!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by layz
PINs have been replaced with passwords. Over time all users will have to change their PIN to a password and unfortunately once you change to a password your PIN no longer exists.
Yes it was with great sadness that I was forced to change my PIN to a password the other day when I went to log in.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I've been meaning to figure out for a while whether the PIN that is referred to on the BAEC login screen is a potential security risk, in that I have no idea what it is but a bad person might work out.

From the above I guess not ?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I've been meaning to figure out for a while whether the PIN that is referred to on the BAEC login screen is a potential security risk, in that I have no idea what it is but a bad person might work out.

From the above I guess not ?
What is odd is I was just looking at the personal details page a few days ago and it had separate fields to change the pin and the password. Is the pin making a return?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by layz
What is odd is I was just looking at the personal details page a few days ago and it had separate fields to change the pin and the password. Is the pin making a return?
That rings a bell as being what first got me wondering about this a month or two ago. Then every time I log in I mean to write a post like the above. Finally done it .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.